Drayton Florence Gets No Love

Clearly our best conerback-actually our best DB-on one of the best pass defenses in the league, yet I read nothing about how he is our top free agent. Poz was the QB of one of the worst run D's of all time (and can't cover) and most people think hes our top FA why?

Edited by Brian Billick

Poz was the QB of one of the worst run D's of all time (and can't cover) and most people think hes our top FA why?

Because he's a Penn State guy with a Polish last name. You do the Math. Personally I don't see why the Bills can't bring them both back, but who knows if they will?

Clearly our best conerback-actually our best DB-on one of the best pass defenses in the league, yet I read nothing about how he is our top free agent. Poz was the QB of one of the worst run D's of all time (and can't cover) and most people think hes our top FA why?

I don't think I've seen anyone say let him walk yet - so I'm not sure I agree with the no love comment. I will say poz is probably the biggest target because the front 7 is so weak already, and he's one of the better players in it - the unit has less talent to spare you could say.

Edited by NoSaint

I thought Florence was one of our unheralded players on defense last year, maybe the second or third best on the team. That said, he really played poorly to start the year this year. I didn't know if he was going to make it as a starter to the end of the year. As it turns out, he got significantly better at the bye, and continued to improve late in the year.

I'd favor keeping him, though I'm not as high on him as after last season.

Florence had a lot fo penalties this season and his overall play regressed from 2009. People are simply wowed by him because he got luckey enough to score a couple of TDs.

He's as good as gone anyways. During locker clean out he said he's excited about being a FA and he's "open to returning" which means he's getting the hell out of here ASAP.

Florence had a lot fo penalties this season and his overall play regressed from 2009. People are simply wowed by him because he got luckey enough to score a couple of TDs.

He's as good as gone anyways. During locker clean out he said he's excited about being a FA and he's "open to returning" which means he's getting the hell out of here ASAP.

I thought he was the best cover corner since last year...not cause of his TD's (one of which a fumble return). Money talks....look at Shawne Maria-man.

AMEN Im glad he wants to leave. He is a liability in coverage and good for at least one penalty a game but closer to two. Bye Bye They shoulda never let Jabari Greer go. But that was that twit Jauron.

florence isn't all-pro, but he's not a bum either. he's a solid NFL corner. he's not worth big money, but here's the thing; if he walks there's another hole that needs to be filled. Injured Terrence McGee and can't hold down a starting position Leodis McKelvin would be our top two corners if he leaves.

I thought Florence was one of our unheralded players on defense last year, maybe the second or third best on the team. That said, he really played poorly to start the year this year. I didn't know if he was going to make it as a starter to the end of the year. As it turns out, he got significantly better at the bye, and continued to improve late in the year.

I'd favor keeping him, though I'm not as high on him as after last season.

He's fun to talk to on Twitter. 0:)

You truly believe this? If you do then you're TERRIBLY mistaken.

Teams attempted a total of 473 passes against us. That's 31st in the NFL.

Teams scored a total of 28 TD passes against us which is 6th MOST in the NFL.

Just think about that for a second. Teams that barely throws against us, throw for THAT many touchdowns?

We ranked tied for 28th in the NFL in INT's (3RD WORST IN NFL). Allowing 26.6 ppg which is 5th most in the league.

QB who throw against us have an average rating of 92.6. Which is the 5th highest QB rating in the NFL.

You think that we still have the best pass defense in the league? HA !!!

If we were smart, we shouldve given Greer the money and kept him.

Edited by DreReed83

You truly believe this? If you do then you're TERRIBLY mistaken.

Teams attempted a total of 473 passes against us. That's 31st in the NFL.Teams scored a total of 28 TD passes against us which is 6th MOST in the NFL.

Just think about that for a second. Teams that barely throws against us, throw for THAT many touchdowns?

We ranked tied for 28th in the NFL in INT's (3RD WORST IN NFL). Allowing 26.6 ppg which is 5th most in the league.

QB who throw against us have an average rating of 92.6. Which is the 5th highest QB rating in the NFL.

You think that we still have the best pass defense in the league? HA !!!

If we were smart, we shouldve given Greer the money and kept him.

WEAK!

If Poz sucks so bad then why did he not only lead the team in tackles this year but he is consistently at the top of that list every year !!! HMMMM riddle me that billman .

That's why Poz is at the top of the list besides he's a lot younger too & can be around longer . Next year if Merriman stays healthy add Poz , & Moats even with Kelsay we will see a big difference you can't expect the guy to do it all by him self !!

Plus the only pressure up front was Williams after Dwan went down give Poz a break !!

Edited by T master

If Poz sucks so bad then why did he not only lead the team in tackles this year but he is consistently at the top of that list every year !!! HMMMM riddle me that billman .

That's why Poz is at the top of the list besides he's a lot younger too & can be around longer . Next year if Merriman stays healthy add Poz , & Moats even with Kelsay we will see a big difference you can't expect the guy to do it all by him self !!

Plus the only pressure up front was Williams after Dwan went down give Poz a break !!

Poz has already had a couple of breaks!