Fitz's 2011 stats compared to the Big Three

folz

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All you Fitz and Gailey lovers are going to witness another suck year and the year after that, we need a real QB and a competent coaching staff, but unfortunately we’re stuck with this minor league program called the Buffalo Bills.

I would love to borrow your crystal ball. Posts like these are stupid. On what basis do you reach your assumption?

How many of those guys had a new head coach and offensive scheme? How many of those guys were stuck on the 2nd team (getting much fewer snaps) in the entire training camp and first two games? How many of those guys made hay from a 7th round pick and a couple of undrafted rookie receivers?

You can casually leave out lee (1st) and Roscoe (2nd) from that rotation. Also neglect to mention how dire the injury situation was in Indy. Who were mannings WRs and TEs for most of the year? Look what rivers put up his numbers with. Brees has a number 1 receiver drafted in the 7th also. His #1 TE for most of the season was a rookie, mid round pick with 11 total catches in college. Just last week he fed 7 catches to Adrian Arrington in his first career game before being pulled at the end of the 3rd. What round was welker drafted in? Oh wait he wasn't. When was the last time branch was meaningful? Oh yea when Brady was his qb. Good qbs make average receivers look much better. Average qbs put up numbers like fitz did. I like him but he's not the savior. It's just been so long since we've had a great qb that we are desperate to see him in fitz cause he hasn't **** the bed yet. He does the things a starter is supposed to but he doesn't excel like a manning, brees, Brady, rivers, Rogers, big ben etc. Comparisons are silly. They all face adversity too. I'd take Fred Jackson over BGE, ladell betts, whoever GB was starting, or the combo of addai/brown. Let's be honest - the saints #1 rb this year was undrafted, injured and a rookie. Drew brees had a serious knee injury dating back to week 3. The patriots completely revamped their offense a month into the season.

I'm sorry but I don't buy that the extra camp reps are worth a 10% gap in completions. 10% isn't the difference between good and great. It is the difference between bench and playoff starter for the most part. Granted fitz had plenty of challenges, I'm not saying toss him out but to discount the difference in those stats is mind boggling.

Edited by NoSaint

You can casually leave out lee (1st) and Roscoe (2nd) from that rotation. Also neglect to mention how dire the injury situation was in Indy. Who were mannings WRs and TEs for most of the year? Look what rivers put up his numbers with. Brees has a number 1 receiver drafted in the 7th also. His #1 TE for most of the season was a rookie, mid round pick with 11 total catches in college. Just last week he fed 7 catches to Adrian Arrington in his first career game before being pulled at the end of the 3rd. What round was welker drafted in? Oh wait he wasn't. When was the last time branch was meaningful? Oh yea when Brady was his qb. Good qbs make average receivers look much better. Average qbs put up numbers like fitz did. I like him but he's not the savior. It's just been so long since we've had a great qb that we are desperate to see him in fitz cause he hasn't **** the bed yet. He does the things a starter is supposed to but he doesn't excel like a manning, brees, Brady, rivers, Rogers, big ben etc. Comparisons are silly. They all face adversity too. I'd take Fred Jackson over BGE, ladell betts, whoever GB was starting, or the combo of addai/brown. Let's be honest - the saints #1 rb this year was undrafted, injured and a rookie. Drew brees had a serious knee injury dating back to week 3. The patriots completely revamped their offense a month into the season.

I'm sorry but I don't buy that the extra camp reps are worth a 10% gap in completions. 10% isn't the difference between good and great. It is the difference between bench and playoff starter for the most part. Granted fitz had plenty of challenges, I'm not saying toss him out but to discount the difference in those stats is mind boggling.

The leap that Fitzpatrick made this year was extraordinary. It amazes me that fans still can't see what me and the other intelligent posters here saw in 2010. He improved his QB rating by 12 points. The guy came off the bench to throw 23 TDs in 13 games. That's real good. Stevie Johnson had 10 TDs (should have been 11)! Give this very smart dude another year in the same system, a complimentary running game and a TE, the sky's the limit for him and this offense. There's no way that he doesn't improve that percentage number in 2011.

What were Fitz' stats through the first half of the season? I seem to recall they were much better. That was when he had Roscoe and Stevie wasn't dropping everything. I think his stats partly took a hit due to the fact that his receiving corps kept getting "greener" (I mean, in the last two games, they had four healthy receivers, three of which were undrafted FAs).

As for the others, I hate Brady but you gotta be impressed with just 4 INTs during the entire season. That's insane.

Great summary - The rushing yardage is interesting too (unfortunately, it also reflects the fact that he was running for his life at times) - It would be interesting to see how many first downs were made off of those rushes - I think it will be a decent number of first downs. I completely agree with what many others have said - He is a solid QB with potential to improve and we have many other very pressing needs. It will be very interesting to see how he does next year, assuming there is a season.

I hope many first downs came from his feet - the other huge gap that jumped out - passes for firsts. Or lack there of

Well, how about comparing him to the rest of the league or at least the rest of the playoff starters?

The leap that Fitzpatrick made this year was extraordinary. It amazes me that fans still can't see what me and the other intelligent posters here saw in 2010. He improved his QB rating by 12 points. The guy came off the bench to throw 23 TDs in 13 games. That's real good. Stevie Johnson had 10 TDs (should have been 11)! Give this very smart dude another year in the same system, a complimentary running game and a TE, the sky's the limit for him and this offense. There's no way that he doesn't improve that percentage number in 2011.

To me he's proven he is a quality player but he would have to make that same jump 2-3 more times to be a top 5-7 qb. Right now im fine with him starting next year but would love to see a franchise qb drafted to sit behind him. Worst case we have too much qb talent - is that possible? I guess worst is really they both flop but I don't want to think about that. Just don't know if that qb is out there for us right now.

Well, how about comparing him to the rest of the league or at least the rest of the playoff starters?

Starters under 60%

Jason Campbell

Kerry Collins

Kyle orton

Cassell

Mcnabb

Sanchez

Clausen

Sanchez and cassell being the 2 in the playoffs and Sanchez being near benched recently. Does anyone think this kc team is a superbowl contender?

Of qualifying qbs he ranked 27th - the only 4 worse - Collins, clausen, Sanchez and Derek Anderson.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?d-447263-o=2&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_COMPLETION_PERCENTAGE&d-447263-n=1

Edited by NoSaint

All you Fitz and Gailey lovers are going to witness another suck year and the year after that, we need a real QB and a competent coaching staff, but unfortunately we’re stuck with this minor league program called the Buffalo Bills.

Gosh, maybe your'e right and we should just end it all. I mean, why bother thinking and rating the moves of a new FA and judging the results for ourselves when we can just make a stupid, sweeping statement that is based in ignorance? You may have something here.......

To me he's proven he is a quality player but he would have to make that same jump 2-3 more times to be a top 5-7 qb. Right now im fine with him starting next year but would love to see a franchise qb drafted to sit behind him. Worst case we have too much qb talent - is that possible? I guess worst is really they both flop but I don't want to think about that. Just don't know if that qb is out there for us right now.

Starters under 60%

Jason Campbell

Kerry Collins

Kyle orton

Cassell

Mcnabb

Sanchez

Clausen

Sanchez and cassell being the 2 in the playoffs and Sanchez being near benched recently. Does anyone think this kc team is a superbowl contender?

Of qualifying qbs he ranked 27th - the only 4 worse - Collins, clausen, Sanchez and Derek Anderson.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?d-447263-o=2&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=PASSING_COMPLETION_PERCENTAGE&d-447263-n=1

Let's not worry about league domination. Here's a look at who Fitzpatrick and the Bills will be facing in 2011…

Home:  Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, Eagles, Raiders, Broncos, Redskins, Titans.

Road:  Patriots, Jets, Dolphins, Chiefs, Cowboys, Giants, Chargers, Bengals.

I see the Patriots (twice), Eagles and Chargers as the only games in which Fitzpatrick could very well be outmatched scoring-wise. That's only four games.

The bottom line is that stats don't matter, winning does. Sure they look nice, but I would rather be 16-0 with the worst ranks in every category than be 0-16 and be close to the top. Not saying that winning year in/year out and breaking records wouldn't be nice too. I like Fitz as the short term answer at QB and I've thought that since last year. But eventually when "the franchise guy" is there, that will be the sign of The Beards last year in Buffalo.

On a side note, Sucks for the Jags... Win and you're in and you lose Garrard and MJD. Trent, they've got to love you in Florida.

Let's not worry about league domination. Here's a look at who Fitzpatrick and the Bills will be facing in 2011…

I see the Patriots (twice), Eagles and Chargers as the only games in which Fitzpatrick could very well be outmatched scoring-wise. That's only four games.

If at #3 you are looking at picking up 2-3 wins this year instead of finding a dominating qb of the future, you'll never win. Is that guy out there this year? I don't know. I do hope we have bottomed out which means we will never have a better chance of finding him. I want to build for 14-2 not 10-6, and fitz is not that guy. As great as 10-6 would be, I dont want to settle, I want a team that can dominate ala NE, or Indy of the last decade.

Every one of those teams except the Dolphins scored more points on offense this year than the Bills.

Rethink.

Every one of those teams except the Dolphins scored more points on offense this year than the Bills.

Rethink.

No - he was just saying those are the 4 you can automatically chalk up as losses because we lack a franchise qb. We should be able to keep pace on the rest, maybe even win a few

;)

Just giving a hard time with this one...

Gosh, maybe your'e right and we should just end it all. I mean, why bother thinking and rating the moves of a new FA and judging the results for ourselves when we can just make a stupid, sweeping statement that is based in ignorance? You may have something here.......

It's called being an American.