Bud Adams says Vince Young will not be on the team next year

boyst

There's no question that Vick has done an amazing job of transforming himself as a QB, but to assume Young can and will do the same is ludicrous. Not to mention he was never half the QB Vick was to begin with.

And to assume that VY cannot and won't do the same is equally ludicrous. He's half the QB Vick was? Based on what? This guy has really only had one full season as a starter, where he led his team to the playoffs and won Rookie of the Year. If Chan feels he has potential, I think it's a worthy gamble.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No one ever questioned Vick's leadership abilities, with Young its a different story. VY has all the talent in the world, but absolutely no leadership qualities.

You apparently didn't read the board when Vick was available.

Edited by Dawgg

Or all the articles recently where he admitted that he was last at the facility,first to leave, didn't study the playbook or game tape and basically just went out and played sandlot football.

My point exactly. Using these articles as a basis for judgement is ludicrous.

I think the Bills owe it to themselves to investigate.

And to assume that VY cannot and won't do the same is equally ludicrous. He's half the QB Vick was? Based on what? This guy has really only had one full season as a starter, where he led his team to the playoffs and won Rookie of the Year. If Chan feels he has potential, I think it's a worthy gamble.

It's quite reasonable to think VY can't perform a Mike Vick-style turnaround. For one thing Vince Young has not hit rock bottom like Vick did. Losing all you have is a powerful motivator. Vince Young has not had his moment of clarity yet. He is still a spoiled child throwing tantrums.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

It's quite reasonable to think VY can't perform a Mike Vick-style turnaround. For one thing Vince Young has not hit rock bottom like Vick did. Losing all you have is a powerful motivator. Vince Young has not had his moment of clarity yet. He is still a spoiled child throwing tantrums.

PTR

The comparisons to Vick are not accurate at all imo, primarily for the reason you state above. Also, turnarounds like Vick's occur once in a lifetime..so I'm not going to hold my breath for VY to grow up.