Bud Adams says Vince Young will not be on the team next year

boyst

Just thinking of a landing spot for Vince Young since the Titans are saying that he will not be with the team next year. Do you think the Panthers would trade 1st round picks for Young and let Luck go to Titans?

Call the Carolina GM and let me know :doh:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thinking of a landing spot for Vince Young since the Titans are saying that he will not be with the team next year. Do you think the Panthers would trade 1st round picks for Young and let Luck go to Titans?

Seeing as the Panthers would have the first crack at VY, I'm guessing they would just claim him off of waivers if they wanted him.

Fisher never wanted VY. How can a young QB develop when he is constantly being pulled after throwing a int? A different situation is just what he needs. I don't see a team handing him a starting job. He will have to put in the study time and earn it. I would take a chance on him.

Vince Young is a good quarterback. I seem to remember him going through some emotional turmoil in the past few years. I hope, for him, that he's sought help and got himself on track. I wish the guy the best and a second shot at success. However, I don't see him having the right opportunity for success with our team (and I hope for his sake that second chance doesn't come with Shanahan in DC).

I am not going to pull up stats, I can see it will get no where.

You are saying it is easier to teach someone to be smart instead of train someone to get stronger? VY may not have got a 6 on the Wunderlic, but he is no genius. I remember an article years ago that all successful QB's have a higher then average score. That's ALL, as in ALL. The greatest QB's had over 30 if I remember right, one had a 25 but he was not of the "best." Fitz doesn't need to have a cannon of an arm as long as he can put the ball in the right place. No NFL QB needs to throw a ball over 20 yards to be successful. A 10 yard passing QB is more important then a 40 yard.

ps: Fitz is no weakling.

You're way off base on this statement. I'm not going to take the time to look a bunch up but I know off the top of my head that Marino scored below 20 in the 14 range I believe. Many of the best QBs do score higher than average but it is not as absolute as you indicate.

That being said I would not like to see Young here because of all the mental breakdowns the kid has had. You simply can't count on him being there when you need him.

What a huge joke this is.

PTR

Coming from the same guy who predicted the Bills win record would be much improved this past season from 6-10....reason, because Gailey just had to be an improvement over Jauron. Gailey Improved the passing offense just like I predicted, but not much else improved on the team. The rush offense,special teams and defense all went into the crap can under Gailey, like I predicted...

What you fail to realize in that VY is fitz on legal steroids, he is bigger,stronger, faster with a better arm. This kid is already in his prime and may only need a good QB coach to enable him to become great, VY might be about the perfect player for Chan Gailey to develop at QB .

Coming from the same guy who predicted the Bills win record would be much improved this past season from 6-10....reason, because Gailey just had to be an improvement over Jauron. Gailey Improved the passing offense just like I predicted, but not much else improved on the team. The rush offense,special teams and defense all went into the crap can under Gailey, like I predicted...

What you fail to realize in that VY is fitz on legal steroids, he is bigger,stronger, faster with a better arm. This kid is already in his prime and may only need a good QB coach to enable him to become great, VY might be about the perfect player for Chan Gailey to develop at QB .

Wow. Talk about kool-aid. VY may be physically gifted but he not at the same level as Fitz in reading defenses, making line calls, film study, not to mention leadership. Plus VY has shown an alarming lack of self-control and maturity. Everyone is so dazzled by VYs star power that they ignore his serious issues that would prevent him from succeeding. I'm stunned that people can brush off all his red flags.

Frankly I would not worry about VY in Buffalo because he strikes me more as a South Beach kind of guy. He could pal around with T.O. and LeBron and plan his reality show.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Wow. Talk about kool-aid. VY may be physically gifted but he not at the same level as Fitz in reading defenses, making line calls, film study, not to mention leadership. Plus VY has shown an alarming lack of self-control and maturity. Everyone is so dazzled by VYs star power that they ignore his serious issues that would prevent him from succeeding. I'm stunned that people can brush off all his red flags.

PTR

+1

Frankly I would not worry about VY in Buffalo because he strikes me more as a South Beach kind of guy. He could pal around with T.O. and LeBron and plan his reality show.

PTR

This is exactly what posters were saying about Vick when he came out of jail. As it turns out, he'll finish 2nd in the race for the NFL's Most Valuable Player award.

I'm not saying the Bills should absolutely go after the guy, but let's not just dismiss him right off the bat. If Gailey feels like he has the ability and if the financial risk isn't too great, his athletic ability and his performance in big games may warrant taking a calculated risk. To simply dismiss him based on some garbage news articles is a bit of a farce. He never had Fishers backing from the moment he joined the team because this was a pick that the owner mandated, period.

This is exactly what posters were saying about Vick when he came out of jail. As it turns out, he'll finish 2nd in the race for the NFL's Most Valuable Player award.

If Vick was not on a stacked team like Philly which has quite a few offensive weapons, would he have done as well?

Bleacher Report: making sportswriters out of 8th graders and formerly employed janitors.

Honestly, I'd rather read LSI analysis again.

Vince Young is good! We should sign him. :thumbsup:

There's a blast from the past. Where is LSI?? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Actually, most people where more turned off by Vick's criminal past and questioned his ability to be in game shape after two years in prison.

There's no question that Vick has done an amazing job of transforming himself as a QB, but to assume Young can and will do the same is ludicrous. Not to mention he was never half the QB Vick was to begin with.

Edited by KD in CT