$250k = Rich. $172k = "Modest"

I love the Left.

The working class people who mop floors or are taking their "30 year nap" are those who "arent making enough."

But the CEOs and "Captians of Industry" who manage organizations worth billions, with employee numbers in the tens of thousands, and with shareholders all over the world "are making too much."

Classic.

Don't forget those same "Captains of Industry", "Top Talent" who also make mistakes and royally f up the country. Yet, still receive HUGE bonuses. yeah, they make to much.

I also wouldn't say that teachers pay needs to be cut. I know MANY great teachers all of which have second jobs, etc. because they aren't making that much. They also have to spend a lot of their own money on supplies for their classroom.

Edited by pBills

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget those same "Captains of Industry", "Top Talent" who also make mistakes and royally f up the country. Yet, still receive HUGE bonuses. yeah, they make to much.

I also wouldn't say that teachers pay needs to be cut. I know MANY great teachers all of which have second jobs, etc. because they aren't making that much. They also have to spend a lot of their own money on supplies for their classroom.

Teachers get a guaranteed job for life, most get free healthcare and they get three months off per year....yeah....NOT a good example of a labor force thats undercompensated.

Teachers get a guaranteed job for life, most get free healthcare and they get three months off per year....yeah....NOT a good example of a labor force thats undercompensated.

Their job is not guaranteed for life. Are you kidding me? Most have healthcare benefits, yes. That they pay into like any other job.

Besides the summers off for some, they also work their butts off each and every day in the classroom. Plus, I don't know about you, I know I don't have to use my own money to supply my day to day work. Let's cut the pay of those who are working with our children... makes sense to me. ??????

Edited by pBills

Don't forget all the union presidents that make well over $250k/year as well. Are they evil because they're rich...or good because they're union?

Don't forget all the union presidents that make well over $250k/year as well. Are they evil because they're rich...or good because they're union?

Let's see a union president overseeing anywhere from 130,000 - millions of members. Receiving a yearly salary of $250k... not bad. Just think if they were corporate president overseeing that many workers... their salary would be what... millions? Oh wait, most their salaries already are and they don't have that many employees.

Their job is not guaranteed for life. Are you kidding me?

Tenure? Hello?

Most have healthcare benefits, yes. That they pay into like any other job.

False. Most teachers unions have negotiated FREE healthcare for its members.

Besides the summers off for some, they also work their butts off each and every day in the classroom.

And their hard work is different than other's hard work HOW, exactly?

Plus, I don't know about you, I know I don't have to use my own money to supply my day to day work

I have to buy my own supplies for my job all the time. So what?

. Let's cut the pay of those who are working with our children... makes sense to me. ??????

Who said anything about CUTTING pay?

Let's see a union president overseeing anywhere from 130,000 - millions of members. Receiving a yearly salary of $250k... not bad. Just think if they were corporate president overseeing that many workers... their salary would be what... millions? Oh wait, most their salaries already are and they don't have that many employees.

That doesnt matter. Accoring to Obama and the left, $250/yr = "rich."

A silly point that is kinda the topic of this thread.

Try to keep up.

Tenure? Hello?

False. Most teachers unions have negotiated FREE healthcare for its members.

And their hard work is different than other's hard work HOW, exactly?

I have to buy my own supplies for my job all the time. So what?

Who said anything about CUTTING pay?

That doesnt matter. Accoring to Obama and the left, $250/yr = "rich."

A silly point that is kinda the topic of this thread.

Try to keep up.

And if they do not receive Tenure? Hello???

False, not all unions have negotiated free healthcare. For most unions it depends on the local itself and their negotiations.

Never said they worked harder than anyone else. Just stating they work very hard while the kids are in school. Understand?

Do you get reimbursed for your supplies? If so, great. Teachers don't. That is my point, people say they are over paid yet most people do not have to use their own money to their work... cutting into their bottom line. You're ok with that?

Peace mentioned cutting salaries for teachers, lawyers, etc.

Yes, Obama has stated that $250k figure. Funny thing is that union presidents aren't griping over their salaries potentially being taxed at higher rate.

Don't worry about me "keeping up" :wallbash: I hate when people say that... just dumb.

Just out of curiosity; whose fault is it that you make a 10th of a doctor's salary?

Nobody's, I would work for free. I don't think you get it. Again, the world needs ditchdiggers... I got no problem with that. The problem I have is the destructive nature of the system.

I would work for free... So the doctor's can work for free. It is a two-way street. There is no reason to bleed people in a dysfunctional and destructive system... Nothing good comes of that.

YES! Did I say yes? I meant: Totally !@#$ing aye YES!

And yes... To clarify... 250k is being monetarily "rich." Cry me river people.

Nobody's, I would work for free. I don't think you get it. Again, the world needs ditchdiggers... I got no problem with that. The problem I have is the destructive nature of the system.

I would work for free... So the doctor's can work for free. It is a two-way street. There is no reason to bleed people in a dysfunctional and destructive system... Nothing good comes of that.

The destructive nature of the system stems mainly from the destructive nature of its population. I'll work for free when everyone starts taking care of themselves. Which is to say, never. And I don't expect anyone else to work for free. That's just silly.

What is it about the system that is so destructive?

The same healthcare industry that says they are helping people are also bleeding them to death.

"Healthcare/science it is the new religion"

"Healthcare! It is what's for dinner."

The destructive nature of the system stems mainly from the destructive nature of its population. I'll work for free when everyone starts taking care of themselves. Which is to say, never. And I don't expect anyone else to work for free. That's just silly.

No. How people take care of themselves has no bearing on if you would work for free. Obviously, your ethics are screwed up when it comes to this concept. You should actually want to work harder given a harder task... You know, do your best thing? I know I do.. That is what motivates me ethically!

The same healthcare industry that says they are helping people are also bleeding them to death.

So the reason you're making 1/10th of a doctor's income is because of the health care industry? And if the health care industry didn't bleed people to death, you'd earn more money? Or are you trying to say that if no one charged anyone for health care, a doctor's income would finally be 1/10th of yours?

Having a hard time following your logic.

Maybe it's me.

So the reason you're making 1/10th of a doctor's income is because of the health care industry? And if the health care industry didn't bleed people to death, you'd earn more money? Or are you trying to say that if no one charged anyone for health care, a doctor's income would finally be 1/10th of yours?

Maybe it's me.

Maybe people would have more money in their pockets?

Maybe it's me.

No, it's not.

.....and please dont use the word logic when discussing Eric's posts. Thanks

Edited by erynthered

Maybe it's me.

No. Your post above is wrong on all accounts. There is no reason I am making anything. I choose to make what I want. If I want more, I can make more... If I want less, I will take less. Nobody is to blame... Just don't bleed me.

Trust me... IT IS YOU!

What a twisted leap of logic on your part... But you did... Somehow you did. Swing and wiffed away!

No, it's not.

.....and please dont use the word logic when discussing Eric's posts. Thanks

Oh yes it is!

Anyway, what is up with the first name stuff... YES MY NAME IS ERIC. LA's is Mark... What is your's? Eryn or is that your daughter's name?

I should be done with this stuff and finally change my name to EricInIllinois... God's knows I am not exiled anymore... I woould still be EIL.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No. Your post above is wrong on all accounts. There is no reason I am making anything. I choose to make what I want. If I want more, I can make more... If I want less, I will take less. Nobody is to blame... Just don't bleed me.

Trust me... IT IS YOU!

So if you make 1/10 of what the doctor makes and you're ok with that, shouldn't you be thankful to the doctor since you're probably paying 1/20-1/30 of the income taxes that he's paying?

Alternately, maybe more people would be dead. But I guess I'm just a "glass half full" kinda guy.

And between all the dead people, and all the people afraid to be killed by their doctors, there'd be less demand, the cost of health care goes down.

Hell, no one needs to live past 80 anyway. I mean, what's the !@#$ing point? Can't have sex, can't chew your food, can't drive over 30mph, can't get the damn kids off your lawn...

No. How people take care of themselves has no bearing on if you would work for free. Obviously, your ethics are screwed up when it comes to this concept. You should actually want to work harder given a harder task... You know, do your best thing? I know I do.. That is what motivates me ethically!

My ethics are just fine, thank you very much! Because you see, I have no ethical duty to give my services away cheaply, much less freely. The Hippocratic oath I took said nothing about that. But I do give my services away cheaply: to those on Medicare and Medicaid. Even though I see more than a few patients in that population who have money to waste on things nowhere near as important as their health care, while some spend their money on things that negatively impact their health. So don't lecture me about ethics.

Again, if you want to save money, go after the non caregivers who consume 80-85% of health care costs. Better yet, have them provide your health care. And if you want to save a lot on insurance, stop paying for it and take your chances. No one is (currently) forcing you to have insurance. But if you're not that brave, do what I did and get a high-deductible plan with an HSA, take proper care of yourself, and become a more educated health care consumer.

Maybe people would have more money in their pockets?

Try cutting back in other areas. Your health is more important than that plasma TV. Or that new car. Or those concert tickets. Or those smokes. Or beers. We all have to make sacrifices. Not just doctors.