Do you immunize your children?

Beerball

Well said.

The future is a scary place. A very different kind of critical mass seems to be gathering. A critical mass of idiocy, comprised of a growing number of people who reject sound science and facts in favor of fear and dogma. A critical ASS, if you will.

I don't like to be so harsh. IMO, it is more a product of individualistic society. Of course somebody will get harmed from any vaccine out there... Individualistic people don't want to risk that chance of getting harmed for the sake of protecting the group as a whole. This concept is far from idiocy if one buys into what they have been shoving down American's throat politically the last 30 or so years. For vaccines to work, we gotta get back to thinking of the group first, not the individual... Fat chance of that in this dysfunctional political climate...

Yes we immunize our children.

Commie pinko!

;) ;) :P

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about that, Tom...breeding isn't that hard. I've seen some pretty dumb people here in GA figuring out how to do it, and hell, I've damn near done it accidentally a time or two.

:lol:

I believe in vaccines and when I have children they will get them as well.

:lol:

I believe in vaccines and when I have children they will get them as well.

I agree and believe in vaccinating my children... Yet, there will always be a people that get hurt from the vaccines... That is given and a constant with all vaccines. I guess some people just do not want to take that slim chance... They want to leach off the immunity of the rest of the herd... Even know there are programs like VICP in place. I just hope that trend doesn't take off and go crazy past the %'s for herd immunity. Anyway, vaccines schmackccines... We are seeing a worse problem when it comes to people not wanting to pay taxes. ;)

I agree and believe in vaccinating my children... Yet, there will always be a people that get hurt from the vaccines... That is given and a constant with all vaccines. I guess some people just do not want to take that slim chance... They want to leach off the immunity of the rest of the herd... Even know there are programs like VICP in place. I just hope that trend doesn't take off and go crazy past the %'s for herd immunity. Anyway, vaccines schmackccines... We are seeing a worse problem when it comes to people not wanting to pay taxes. ;)

But leaching off the rest of the herd in that regard is now considered the fault of the herd. :doh:

But leaching off the rest of the herd in that regard is now considered the fault of the herd. :doh:

By no means! How did you deduce that? I was actually knocking everybody who doesn't want to kick in... ESPECIALLY the many low incomes that don't pay a dime! I thought this was one of my finer conservative moments! :D

How about the reality that as an individual, you're safer if vaccinated?

I agree. Yet, try to explain that to the 1-10,000 or whatever that will most certainly get hurt by the vaccine. Maybe they don't want to take that risk? Those are pretty "good odds" considering there are dolts out there play things like the lottery. Again, I agree with you... But there is there still individual choice to opt out... As crazy and unconcerning for "the group/herd" as it sounds. See what I am getting at? Of course I am playing devil's advocate here (to an extent).

No.

I set myself up for that one, fully expecting the usual response(s)... I was giving you an "out" and you took it...

What if you are the individual that is harmed by the vaccine? How are you safer? It is a given, somebody WILL be harmed by a vaccine. Getting vaccinated is still a chance a person takes... It will either make them safer as an individual or it will harm them. That is the reality. No vaccine is 100% safe. Maybe you and I are willing to take that chance... Should everybody me made to? Some people may not want to take that chance. Do you think it should be mandatory to force everybody to get vaccinated?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

If they want to send their kids to public school? YES.

How do you define liberty?

I totally agree with you Gringo. For the very few that WILL get harmed by the vaccine, the Vaccine Injury Compensation Trust Fund exists. Yet, "winning that lottery" may be a very bitter pill to swallow, especially in our selfish culture.

How do you define liberty?

How do I define liberty? !@#$ off. (No, really, that's my definition.)

How do I define the American concept of liberty? The freedom to get a ration of **** for not doing what other people think is best for them.

What if you are the individual that is harmed by the vaccine? How are you safer? It is a given, somebody WILL be harmed by a vaccine. Getting vaccinated is still a chance a person takes... It will either make them safer as an individual or it will harm them. That is the reality. No vaccine is 100% safe. Maybe you and I are willing to take that chance... Should everybody me made to? Some people may not want to take that chance. Do you think it should be mandatory to force everybody to get vaccinated?

Because you are more likely to catch the disease than be harmed by the vaccine.

Because you are more likely to catch the disease than be harmed by the vaccine.

And generally, the diseases are more dangerous than the vaccine side effects. Measles is fatal in about 1 of every 200 cases in children (unless you're in Africa, where it's supposedly one out of every ten - personally, I think it's still one of every 200, with the other 19 fatalities caused just by being in Africa). Mumps and rubella are negligible. In adults, it's usually much worse. Furthermore, the sequale tend to be pretty bad in adults - rubella causes birth defects, mumps causes sterility, don't know about measles.

Overall...ballpark, the odds of a serious problem arising from one of those diseases is maybe 1-2%. Rare, but not negligible. But compared to the odds of Jenny McCarthy knowing what she's talking about?