Do you immunize your children?

Beerball

In some areas of the country, yes. About ten years ago affluent parts of San Diego had vaccination rates on par with third-world African countries...and comparable measles and mumps epidemics.

Wow! I never looked up the numbers... How do we correct that especially in today's "you can't tell me what to do" "the person who defects from the norm is king" society.

We are in for some serious health issues that haven't been seen since our grand (or great-grand) parents.

This is of course IMO is a product of not thinking collectively and for the best of society as a whole... ESPECIALLY the last 30 years.

Tragedy of the commons?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I never looked up the numbers... How do we correct that especially in today's "you can't tell me what to do" "the person who defects from the norm is king" society.

I have them in a book somewhere. I'll have to dig it out, when I get a chance.

There are certain things that I believe the government should provide for the public good - basically, any non-exclusive-use service or resource, of which public health (including vaccinations) are one.

[/sarcasm_on] Really shocking! [/sarcasm_off]

Would you expect anything else from a individualistic culture that we are sowing? Give that vaccines are probably one of the most important common-good concepts out there... I can see why there is clash of ideals... Money and the individual self rule!

"Science is the new world religion"

He is scum.....But let's listen to what bimbos with fake boobs and fake blond hair who are famous for taking their clothes off have to say about it!

I think somebody earlier summed up Jenny pretty well.

In all honesty... If say you knew that giving your child a vaccine will hurt them... Would you for the sake of keeping all others safe? Others that may not be adversely affected by the vaccine. What I am saying, even with out all this scare... There still is the chance that a few in a 1000 are hurt by the vaccines, that is normal. BUT... If you had a magic ball and knew that harm was going be caused... Would you do it for the sake of the others?

BUT... If you had a magic ball and knew that harm was going be caused... Would you do it for the sake of the others?

No, as you are talking a very small percentage and we only routinely hit around 90% or so for kids. Do you really expect me to subject my kid to harm for that? Google it, the whole idea is to get the majority of the people vaccinated to achieve optimal results.

No, as you are talking a very small percentage and we only routinely hit around 90% or so for kids. Do you really expect me to subject my kid to harm for that? Google it, the whole idea is to get the majority of the people vaccinated to achieve optimal results.

provided they all get boosters. :rolleyes:

provided they all get boosters. :rolleyes:

So you think I should inject my kid with a vaccine that will harm him. I know this (based on his scenario), there is no benefit to him overall, but rather a downside. I should do this because a few in a thousand (his words, not mine, so that implies say .5% of kids) are like this and this will have huge benefits for the overall population?

Edit - :lol::oops::bag:

Edited by Booster4324

So you think I should inject my kid with a vaccine that will harm him. I know this (based on his scenario), there is no benefit to him overall, but rather a downside. I should do this because a few in a thousand (his words, not mine, so that implies say .5% of kids) are like this and this will have huge benefits for the overall population?

Edit - :lol::oops::bag:

:P

Autism-vaccines is totally wrong, but at least it sort of resembles science. I have no idea why people believe it despite the complete lack of evidence and the mounting piles refuting it, but I mean, "there is a chemical that makes you sick in this product" is at least the kind of thing that exists in other contexts.

Homeopathy is the stupidest crock of crap in the world, and I've watched the Bills roster management for 20 years. You're supposed to take your 'medicine' and then dilute it to one part in 100, 30 times. So, that's 1:100^30, or 1 part in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. Or, if you'd like, one molecule in a volume of water 1,000,000,000,000,000 times the size of all the world's oceans.

Wow. You are one sick son of a B word. I hope you feel better, cause you look like a total @sshole.

Disagree with me that's fine, but to say that nonsense? I hope you go talk to someone about the "issues" you clearly have.

You're perfectly fine in unleashing your germ factory kids on the population, yet he's the sick one?

Homeopathy is the stupidest crock of crap in the world, and I've watched the Bills roster management for 20 years. You're supposed to take your 'medicine' and then dilute it to one part in 100, 30 times. So, that's 1:100^30, or 1 part in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000. Or, if you'd like, one molecule in a volume of water 1,000,000,000,000,000 times the size of all the world's oceans.

And then, since it's water that carries the magical homeopathic healing effect...you sell homeopathic chewing gum. :wallbash:

Many people, I think, confuse "homeopathy" and "naturopathy". Natural remedies can at least have an undiscovered scientific basis behind them (willow bark for headaches, cinchona bark for malaria). Homeopathy is just bull ****.

I remember a study on the autism which looked at all the reports and studies in the world on the MMR jab. They compared the rate of autism among children had had taken the MMR vaccine and those who had not. The level of autism was greater among those who had not...

(((Although, to be fair, the difference was statistically too small to be significant - but it is a nice little thing to throw out their to the anti-MMR crowd...)))

I don't know about Homeopathy being the stupidest crock of crap in the world, though. There are an awful lot of stupid beliefs out there.

Edited by Britbillsfan

I remember a study on the autism which looked at all the reports and studies in the world on the MMR jab. They compared the rate of autism among children had had taken the MMR vaccine and those who had not. The level of autism was greater among those who had not...

The argument against that study - that I have been seeing this week - is that it's just a conspiracy between the government and the drug companies making billions off vaccines (:lol:) to discredit the vaccine-autism crowd.

I don't know about Homeopathy being the stupidest crock of crap in the world, though. There are an awful lot of stupid beliefs out there.

I get your point, but I'm hard-pressed at the moment to think of anything stupider than homeopathy.