Bye bye Donte...

The guy works hard and plays hard but really has not gotten much done during the time here which began by a holdout and a year less on his contract than most rookies in the top ten were signing for that year. He turned down five mill because he wants seven which is an overpayment for both amounts, so the team that gets him for seven if that is in fact what he gets will have a situation similar to what we had with Peters, Dockery, and Walker. The best player in a position of influence is under paid compared to the lesser player and you lose the best one because you can't up the ante or meet the budget for one group position.

The Bills made a mistake signing Kelsay to such a huge contract. That was an overpayment but Whitner is asking for too much based on what he has done. I am more than happy to overpay for leadership but only to a degree. Whitner's request is foolish and he needs to question his agent.

George Wilson will be a much better starting safety for this team. A guy with a better attitude than Whitner and one who actually makes plays in his given time.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Donte's new team gives him enough love on twitter so he doesn't get depressed.

May be he will join the same team as Chad OchoCincho, TO etc, the Twitter experts and they could be called the Twitter Team.

Like Maybin holding out of camp for the ability he has oh so glaringly displayed since being in Buffalo, shut your mouth and let your play do all of the talking.

2.) that we could have had Haloti Ngata with that #8 overall pick. To not have Ngata, and to lose Whitner for nothing, would destroy Levy;s standing in my eyes and anyone else who felt we needed a safety over a true space eating, pass rushing, run stuffing DT monster like Ngata.

Didn't Donte take Maybin under his wing or something? Didn't he tweet a bunch about how they played xbox together?

I don't think it destroy's Levy's standing. The guy didn't want the job and he wasn't a GM. I can't fault him for trying to pull the franchise out of a tailspin even though his heart wasn't in it because Ralph asked him to give it a shot.

Didn't Donte take Maybin under his wing or something? Didn't he tweet a bunch about how they played xbox together?

I don't think it destroy's Levy's standing. The guy didn't want the job and he wasn't a GM. I can't fault him for trying to pull the franchise out of a tailspin even though his heart wasn't in it because Ralph asked him to give it a shot.

I think Modrak should be brought from his FL retirement home to Buffalo, and then tar'd and feathered out of WNY for good.

It's the least we could do to repay the horrific job he has done for the Bills this past decade.

That being said, both the Whitner and Simpson selections were Levy selections, all the way,..I remember reading something where he said that central to building a winning defense you had to have good safeties, now we have 2...or some claptrap like that.

I mean, I'd agree...but only after you have Bruce Smith at DE, Bennett, Conlan, and Talley at LB, and Odomes at CB.

Every time I see Whitner, or hear about him...I can only think about how we passed on Haloti Ngata.

Predicting Bills to make the playoffs: Retarded

Not showing up on the locker clean up and having your locker spotless prior to the media having a chance to see you perhaps for the last time: classless.

Is it too late to go back and draft Ngata? :doh:

Here's my problem. Neither Poz or Donte is great, they are both average. But how many fricken holes can we patch in a year? So we keep KW, Merriman, Carrington, Troup, Moats, Byrd, Florence and Dwan and let everyone else go? We need help at DE, NT, OLB, ILB. If we had a hint of a rush, the DB's would look better automatically.

that IS the problem...anyone who is not a pollyanna homer knows these guys are not good enough, but can you really trust buddy and modrak to replace them with anyone better. i don't. not a good situation and without a LIGHTS OUT draft....10x better than this year's...we are looking at another 4-5 win season.

A lot of people seem to be afraid to cut Whitner as it will open up another hole, when they don't realize that Whitner is the hole. He probably ranks in the bottom 10 SS in the league in pass coverage and playmaking ability, and is average at best in run support (I'm being generous). The reason he accumulated so many tackles is due to fact the defense couldn't get off the field. He is barely average at SS and wants to be paid elite (7+ million) money. Do people really think OBD should pay this guy Reed/Polamolu money to keep him???

A lot of people seem to be afraid to cut Whitner as it will open up another hole, when they don't realize that Whitner is the hole. He probably ranks in the bottom 10 SS in the league in pass coverage and playmaking ability, and is average at best in run support (I'm being generous). The reason he accumulated so many tackles is due to fact the defense couldn't get off the field. He is barely average at SS and wants to be paid elite (7+ million) money. Do people really think OBD should pay this guy Reed/Polamolu money to keep him???

Yes, people on this board actually believe he's worth that price. :lol:

The more I have watched POZ these last few weeks get blown back by blocks and then make tackles downfield the more I have realized that he just doesn't have it. His coverage ... haha ... cannot even call what he does pass coverage ... is a gift to opposing players who discover that they have entered the POZ zone. The POZ Dispenser gives out receptions as candy.

Of the two, both of whom I think we should say goodbye to, and I hate to say this ... but I think Donte is the one we resign. Let Poz go off to get a lot of worthless tackles with some other team ... his statistics and Penn State history will sucker a team in. Who knows if we let Aaron go maybe that team can get a two-fer. Why not, it's the New Year and time to share glad tidings!

Exactly my observations these past couple of weeks. I think Poz can improve in his pass coverage skills because he's a good athlete, but I don't see how he can become strong enough against the run to be a 3-4 ILB.

I hope they can re-sign both of them, but not for big money because neither Whitner nor Poz have shown themselves to be big money players. They are quality guys who play hard and deserve a roster spot, but if Whitner thinks he's a 7 million dollar DB then by all means, let him test the market.

What a great plan, let them go and resign a broke dick, never healthy, one strike away from steriod suspension for a year, shadow of his oldself linebacker who said he didn't want to be in Buffalo instead. Boy do we have some Einsteins running this team?

Well if he didn't want to be in Buffalo he wouldn't have signed.

At least Merriman had a shadow. Poz is slow and can't shed blockers. Even without a salary cap we all know RW has a limited budget to sign FA's. That budget should not be used for Poz or Whitner. Florence YES. The others can all walk.

He is barely average at SS and wants to be paid elite (7+ million) money. Do people really think OBD should pay this guy Reed/Polamolu money to keep him???

It's funny that folks here keep increasing that number. When the tweets first started, it was $5M+. Then it went up to $6M+. Now people are saying $7M+. And I don't think there has been any word on what he's REALLY asking for, it's just people making stuff up as they go. Kinda funny. But also typical.