Yesterday's Meltdown Was Best Thing

He now knows how far away this team really is to making the playoffs. This will hopefully force them to overpay for some players in free agency. I also think that he will be pressured HEAVILY into picking a QB at the #3 spot. Right or wrong, season ticket sales will plummet again without a major change. This is the Bills front office and we all know how they operate.Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Ryan Mallett or Blaine Gabbert will be a Bill in 2011 - gaaaroooonnnteeeed (yes, guaranteed)

He now knows how far away this team really is to making the playoffs. This will hopefully force them to overpay for some players in free agency. I also think that he will be pressured HEAVILY into picking a QB at the #3 spot. Right or wrong, season ticket sales will plummet again without a major change. This is the Bills front office and we all know how they operate.Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, Ryan Mallett or Blaine Gabbert will be a Bill in 2011 - gaaaroooonnnteeeed (yes, guaranteed)

No .... he will be forced to pick one of the defensive studs who are going to be ours for the taking at #3.

We need an impact player not a maybe developmental if ... all too many are still dreaming of Claussen but Carolina is going to pick a QB with their #1 choice.

If this team can get a defense that stops the run and pressures the quarterback then we will be decent (not great but decent) with Fitz at QB and another QB to develop.

We need DEFENSE ... DEFENSE ... someone who is hungry and wants to be an impact player every single down and doesn't lie down and take a break or use tackling statistics that fail to show that runners run over him and that he is always a step behind (take your pick ... Poz or Donte).

GO BILLS .... another hurting year but we don't need castoff's nor a QB with #1 ... pay for one or two strong FA's and draft DEFENSE! I'd welcome all the picks being defense to show the group we have now how worthless they are and go after a tight end in FA.

Actually the last 2 weeks should have showed him how far away from the playoffs the Bills are.

I still don't expect Nix to hit the free agent market heavily. I think he will stick to the draft philosophy unless forced. And I do not see Mr. Wilson forcing Nix to spend a ton of cash on free agents if he doesn't want to.

Gailey does not make the #3 selection, Nix as GM would do that. Brandon no doubt is going to be looking for some hook he can exploit to not lose any more seasons sales. But I doubt he can force a QB down Nix's throat if Nix is opposed.

You don't think Chan learned that LAST week, in the meltdown against the Pats*?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

If Luck falls to us, trade down. Same when Newton falls to us. Then pick every run-stuffer and pass rusher we can find.

PTR

:worthy::worthy: Promo once again you are so right ... our offensive woes have been partially related to watching other teams march down our throats, control the ball and then have their quarterbacks sit back to find the open tight end who should have been covered by a competent linebacker or safety.

The draft is where we build our defense for the future ... none of this year's quarterback class has paid enough dues to be ready to magically make a pro team better. I prefer college players who have shown for 3 years that they can play in a program and are old enough to graduate with their class because at the very least they are listed as seniors. Drafting undergraduates as dream projects makes no sense at all!

If Luck falls to us, trade down. Same when Newton falls to us. Then pick every run-stuffer and pass rusher we can find.

PTR

I thought that's why they resigned Merriman for another 2 years?

I'm not saying you're wrong or arguing your points. I agree to trade down, but I really don't see management doing anything that makes sense in April. Or any of the other 11 months for that matter.

We are going to need a RT in there somewhere.......but people need to understand that coaches evaluate a season as a whole.....not one game.

We were DEAD LAST AGAINST THE RUN

We could not PRESSURE THE QB WITHOUT BLITZING

Our secondary.....which was supposed to be our strenght got hung out to dry too much

We DONT HAVE A LEGIT STARTING TE....just TE bodies