Would you trade Spiller for Bulaga?

Spiller vs Bulaga  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Spiller for Bulaga?

Well I really wanted to Bills to pick Bulaga, but don't know now that I'd make a straight-up trade today. Spiller looked like a brilliant pick in the preseason and showed blazing speed as a return guy early on, but that seemed to fade in later weeks along with an increase in fumbles and bad decisions.

I think his rookie experience and an improved offensive line will make a world of difference in Spiller's sophomore season.

I think we should give Spiller another year before the gloom and doom.

Ballaga had his problems too. The best OL picked after Spiller was Saffold (1st pick in round 2 by the Rams). He is their starting LT. Bill Polian himself has gone on record and said he should have taken him.

If the Bills took Saffold at 9 the football world would have cried reach.

The question should be would you trade Spiller for the highest offensive lineman on the Bills draft board when we drafted Spiller. Maybe it was Bulaga, but it probably wasn't. Maybe it was Pouncey the center (who made pro bowl this year) or some other lineman.

And I agree with the other posters that you can't evaluate NFL talent until they've played in the league a few years. I think the idea with Spiller was to utilize him in the same way Reggie Bush is used, and it took Reggie awhile to get used to the big leagues (and for the coaches to figure out exactly which plays matched his skill sets)

Well I really wanted to Bills to pick Bulaga, but don't know now that I'd make a straight-up trade today. Spiller looked like a brilliant pick in the preseason and showed blazing speed as a return guy early on, but that seemed to fade in later weeks along with an increase in fumbles and bad decisions.

I think his rookie experience and an improved offensive line will make a world of difference in Spiller's sophomore season.

Wow, even hindsight isnt 20/20 sometimes eh Senator?

Wheather it was Bulaga, Iupati, or Pouncy, they all would have been better than Spiller. Some people knew that long before the draft…. Too bad those people don’t work for the Bills!