For those who want to go all defense in the draft...

Virgil

So, just to play devil's advocate. Where do we need help that Nix and Gailey will be okay going after?

We have:

DE - Carrington (Round 3 Pick), Edwards (FA pick-up last year), Kelsay (Signed extension this season)

DT - Williams (Pro Bowl Alternate), Troup (Round 2 Pick).

I'm not saying that any of you are wrong, but there is a part of me that thinks the FO is going to let these guys mesh another year. At the most, draft for depth in later rounds, but not give up on any of these guys who have only been with the team for a year or just got signed.

Bowers is the only guy I could see, but from what I hear, the guy is a 4-3 DE and wouldn't make it as a 3-4 DE and I could see us being afraid to try another Maybin type conversion. Especially with the way the team feels about Moat's progression.

Don't ask me why, but I am just terrified that we are going to go CB or SS and reach.

So, just to play devil's advocate. Where do we need help that Nix and Gailey will be okay going after?

We have:

DE - Carrington (Round 3 Pick), Edwards (FA pick-up last year), Kelsay (Signed extension this season)

I'm not saying that any of you are wrong, but there is a part of me that thinks the FO is going to let these guys mesh another year. At the most, draft for depth in later rounds, but not give up on any of these guys who have only been with the team for a year or just got signed.

Bowers is the only guy I could see, but from what I hear, the guy is a 4-3 DE and wouldn't make it as a 3-4 DE and I could see us being afraid to try another Maybin type conversion. Especially with the way the team feels about Moat's progression.

Don't ask me why, but I am just terrified that we are going to go CB or SS and reach.

I guess you haven't heard, Dick Levy is gone.

Even with Dickie J's Tampon 2 defense, our run defense & pass rush SUCKED!! This year it got worse with trying to switch to the 3-4. Brady, the top QB in the division (also top QB in the conference and the entire league) has had all day long for years to pass on us. If the Bills are ever going to beat the Pats, let alone seriously compete with them, the Bills need multiple players that can constantly put pressure on him. Plus, the Bills seriously need to do something about the run defense, this year it was absolutely horrific!!

Today we started some no names on the right side a backup qb who had three seconds to throw to receivers off the practice squad. I cant even judge that excepting Fitz looks Very good right now for us.

The Defense. Abysmal. did i spel that right? let me try again. They were poop.

I posted up about George Edwards and giving him a chance for one more year. I now fully retract that statement. I think some of our def players are going to cry tonight. very sad indeed

The Bills closed the season by scoring 17 points or fewer in six straight games. Buffalo has lost 15 of its last 18 divisional games overall ~Via ESPN Recap

Yes, we saw some signs of life at times and we were last in run defense, but I don't think it's as clear cut as some would make it seem

We have no NFL talent on either line, but less on D line. Thus, we need D first.

We have:

No one in your list of five is a pass rusher.

We need a DE or OLB that can pressure the QB. That would be my top priority.

The bottom line is there are 12 players on the field that decide a majority of any given football game. Those are the front 7 of the defense and the 5 offensive linemen. Everything begins and ends with them. Of this group OT and DE are the hardest to find true talent. If you have a high pick you go for one of those and hope you didn't pick Mike Williams.

The Rams aren't about to contend for a playoff spot tonight because of their amazing defense. They have some kid named Bradford to thank for that.

The Rams have already addressed their defensive front 7. You've heard of James Hall and Chris Long, right? How does Laurenitis look back there slamming people?

The Bills cannot succeed without better LB's. Kelsay is a nightmare. Ayodele wasn't supposed to start.

Oh - and as for Bradford - sure, but he didn't produce better numbers than Fitzpatrick this year - so while he clearly has more upside that Fitz, QB is NOT the reason the Rams improved as compared to the Bills.

The Rams also play in possibly the weakest division in NFL history - and at that they are "contending for the playoffs" with a losing record.