No wine for 30 days starting Monday

mead107

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my last drink on NYE. My goal is to drink no alcohol of any kind until the SB. Started Weight Watchers Online which allows it, but figured I needed a good detox and jump start.

:beer:

Me too!! No vanilla vodka = less sugar and a new jump start to my weight program.

Gave in to finish a bottle. 1 glass.

No more!! It's "back on the wagon" time.

Chef, remind me again what you do for a living...you mention beer or wine at lunch. Up until my move to philly, drinking at lunch seemed so foreign and taboo to me...i never saw any lunch drinking all my years in richmond. However here in the philly area, we plan lunches around specials, $2 drafts at fox and hound on tuesdays, $2 drafts at rock bottom on thursdays..and its not just a our table...everyone in the place is drinking.....this whole dynamic just blindsided me....in a good way mind you, but it really surprised me..... :beer:

I only drink on weekend so by Thursday I'm really looking forward to Friday. My staff knows that if we all go out for lunch on Friday it needs to be someplace to get a beer of glass of wine.

Chef, remind me again what you do for a living...you mention beer or wine at lunch. Up until my move to philly, drinking at lunch seemed so foreign and taboo to me...i never saw any lunch drinking all my years in richmond. However here in the philly area, we plan lunches around specials, $2 drafts at fox and hound on tuesdays, $2 drafts at rock bottom on thursdays..and its not just a our table...everyone in the place is drinking.....this whole dynamic just blindsided me....in a good way mind you, but it really surprised me..... :beer:

I run a regional center for a financial planning firm. It was weird for me too. It shouldn't be though seeing booze was a huge part of the work day in the kitchen. Now it's not like we drink every day, just on Friday and maybe only once or twice a month.

Edited by Chef Jim

My problem with drinking at lunch is once that train starts rolling, can only end by me having a nap, or just keep drinking. Naps usually lose..so no drinking at lunch. And seeeing as how I work out of the home office and 75% of the time have lunch in my own kithen, would be very easy to be boozin every day.

I've never had a drink(s) at lunch. Places where I have worked would very strongly frown on the practice. I've joked that on the day I retire I will have a two martini lunch - 20 years to go.

my company does not frown upon drinking...in fact every friday at 4.00 they give us beer to celebrate our first online sale(its called 4:10), plus being that the division i work for is a marketing agency, i think some of the rules get thrown out the window at times. but when we go to Fox and Rockbottom, both at the KoP mall, you see plenty of lockheed, at&t and of course pharma folks....it really struck me as odd...in fact if i go today, i will try and take a pic of the crowd...should be a big one for $2 drafts

Pooj...not EVERYONE up here drinks at lunch. I know if *I* came back smelling of alcohol after lunch, I'd be canned quicker than Charlie the Tuna. But when I worked for a firm a few years ago, drinking at lunch was encouraged. Depends on the company.

Mead,

Curious how the weekend went? Just like Sage, lack of an update has me thinking maybe got to 6 days, not 30 :lol:

BTW, had a six pack of the Southern Tier new 2x IPA this weekend..really enjoyed it. Guess this is their revamped recipe, and the old IPA has gone away. If you be a hop head, i recommend it.

BTW, bith Hopslam and Nuggett Nectar are selling this week. Wow, my beer bill going way up as I will invest to have some these beers around for the next several months. If you have never had either, I highl suggest a tasting.

http://beernews.org/2009/01/bells-hopslam-troegs-nugget-nectar-and-founders-double-trouble-now-available/

Edited by plenzmd1

No offense, but if you have to make plans to "control" drinking, or can't go a reasonable period of time without drinking...do you concede there might be a problem?

Absolutely not!!! I look to "control" my drinkig as a way to help lose weight. My folks had a drink every night, and only one..but watch out if they didn't get their highball. I love the taset of a great beer, and nice glass of wine paired with food..has nothing at all to do with getting liquored up(on occasion that does happen though :thumbsup: )

my company does not frown upon drinking...in fact every friday at 4.00 they give us beer to celebrate our first online sale(its called 4:10), plus being that the division i work for is a marketing agency, i think some of the rules get thrown out the window at times. but when we go to Fox and Rockbottom, both at the KoP mall, you see plenty of lockheed, at&t and of course pharma folks....it really struck me as odd...in fact if i go today, i will try and take a pic of the crowd...should be a big one for $2 drafts

Yes, but do they do anything to celebrate 4:20? ;)