Marcell Dareus

1B4IDie

He had play early in the game and just smoked the lineman and forces the QB to dump it early.

I think Bowers may have hurt his Top5 status his so-so effort in his bowl game.

Lets see if Dareus can make an impact in this game.

He had a huge impact in the national championship game last year.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had play early in the game and just smoked the lineman and forces the QB to dump it early.

He looks really good to me right now. He blows up the offensive line on just about every play. Very disruptive...and a little quicker than I thought. Dareus would definitely help to improve our run defense.

He looks really good to me right now. He blows up the offensive line on just about every play. Very disruptive...and a little quicker than I thought. Dareus would definitely help to improve our run defense.

Indeed surprising quickness for a man his size. More likely to pressure the passer than stuff the run.

Same. He will have trouble containing if forced to as a 3-4 DE though imo but once we get some OLB's that won't really matter. He is really impressing me so far.

Once he is out of the play he doesn't really pursuit at all, and on the fumble 10 minutes ago you could see that he didn't really hustle to try to get the ball. Not big issues but worth noting.

Edited by xjumpx

He's looked good so far, I guess I forgot Bama runs a 3-4 too. Helps w/ the armchair evaluation a bit.

As far as Bowers is concerned, I seriously doubt one average game will have any impact on the stellar season he has put together and his subsequent draft status. It has been, and should continue to be, a toss-up between him and Fairley for the 1st DL drafted.

Another player I have noticed is OLB Courtney Upshaw (#41). He seems to be in on every play, and is known to be a good hitter. He's big too (6'2" 263). Anyone know anything else about this guy? I know he's a junior...wonder if he will enter the draft?

Every time I watch Bama, he's making a play. Like him too. Game is a blow out, Dareus had two great quarters. Julio Jones is looking good too.

Another player I have noticed is OLB Courtney Upshaw (#41). He seems to be in on every play, and is known to be a good hitter. He's big too (6'2" 263). Anyone know anything else about this guy? I know he's a junior...wonder if he will enter the draft?

We have him going #59 to the Saints. The Saints' Analyst says:

"the Saints go marching with [upshaw] the "Terror of the Tide" at ILB to follow their previous DT selection. Yes, Vilma is a fine player but the Saints LB corps needs an injection of size and strength and Upshaw provides both, with athleticism to boot!"

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound2_49-64.asp

"the Saints go marching with [upshaw] the "Terror of the Tide" at ILB to follow their previous DT selection. Yes, Vilma is a fine player but the Saints LB corps needs an injection of size and strength and Upshaw provides both, with athleticism to boot!"

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound2_49-64.asp

Thanks Astrobot...boy I would love to see this guy in a Bills uniform. Would he play on the inside or the outside in the 3-4?

http://www.drafttek....ound2_49-64.asp

Thanks Astro. What top prospects do we have going in the Penn State-Floriday game?

Does anyone have a link to the top prospects playing in the bowl games with a TV schedule?

I'd like to watch some of these guys this week if possible.

Yeah I really like him. This isn't the first game Upshaw has dominated.

He has a late first round or early second grade for the 2012 draft.

Nick Saban has been outspoken in his commonts to his Junior players (Dareus, Upshaw, Hightower, Julio Jones, Mark Ingram etc . . .) to stay for a National Championship run instead of being drafted into a labor dispute.

No one knows how successful Saban will be at recruiting them to stay, but if you look at that class Saban is a pretty persuasive dude.

Edited by Why So Serious?

If you like Dareus you should be rooting for the Bills to lose tomorrows game. With a loss we have a very good chance of getting him, with a win we have little chance of him being on the board. I see Dareus as a #3-8 pick in the draft.

If you like Dareus you should be rooting for the Bills to lose tomorrows game. With a loss we have a very good chance of getting him, with a win we have little chance of him being on the board. I see Dareus as a #3-8 pick in the draft.

A win could cause us to lose out on Dareus, Fairley, AND Bowers. A win on Sunday could set the rebuilding process back a full year.

A win could cause us to lose out on Dareus, Fairley, AND Bowers. A win on Sunday could set the rebuilding process back a full year.

Wrong

Wrong

With a Bills Loss and a Tim Tebow win the Bills can get the #2

With a Bills win, best/worst case is 8

With the 2 QBs, 2 CBs, and Quinn. One of them will be there at 8.

No need to "worry" about a Bills win.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Wrong

Wrong

With a Bills Loss and a Tim Tebow win the Bills can get the #2

With a Bills win, best/worst case is 8

With the 2 QBs, 2 CBs, and Quinn. One of them will be there at 8.

No need to "worry" about a Bills win.

Youre speaking in absolutes. All I said is that it "could". And if we fall to #8, then it is VERY possible that the top 3 DLinemen are gone by 8. You say I'm wrong, and then go on to prove that it very well could happen.

A loss on Sunday GUARANTEES us the ability to draft one of these guys. A win could put us in a situation where they are gone at our pick.

Edited by DrDankenstein

Youre speaking in absolutes. All I said is that it "could". And if we fall to #8, then it is VERY possible that the top 3 DLinemen are gone by 8. You say I'm wrong, and then go on to prove that it very well could happen.

A loss on Sunday GUARANTEES us the ability to draft one of these guys. A win could put us in a situation where they are gone at our pick.

You're wrong about setting the rebuilding process back a year and that is an absolute.