Shawne Merriman tweets "exciting news for bills fans"

FluffHead

i see this as MORE RISK than reward....

#1- the ONLY way Buffalo will sign Free Agents is if they are the HIGHEST bidder. i'm sure his agent knows the market for Shawne. wait till ALL the contract details come out....i bet the guaranteed money is much more than $2.5 million.

#2- Merriman hasn't been "lights out" for the past three seasons. it's very unlikely he returns to his "Performance Enhanced Drug" level of play.

#3- but...if he is half the player he was.....and can get healthy..... he will be starting with this set of linebackers.

#1 is just pure pessimistic speculation.

You didn't mention what the risk is.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see why saying a team such as Buffalo needs to be the highest bidder is pessimistic.

- More often than not a person will take more money than less.

- The Bills are a losing organization.

- Buffalo is a small town with pretty intense weather at times.

Now, I can see teams like San Diego, Miami, Los Angeles (if they get a team again), NY, etc big and/or warm markets getting guys for less money because the city/area is desirable. And I can also see teams like New England, New Orleans, etc getting players because guys want a chance to win a championship.

But lets face facts. The Bills are small town losers right now, we need to throw money at players to get them here until we become winners.

Does anyone know the extent of what his injury is right now? I know it's his achilles, but is it torn, partially torn, something needing surgery or just good ol' rest. I know he has a bunch of time to get healthy for '11, but i'm curious what's going on with the injuries...

Does anyone know the extent of what his injury is right now? I know it's his achilles, but is it torn, partially torn, something needing surgery or just good ol' rest. I know he has a bunch of time to get healthy for '11, but i'm curious what's going on with the injuries...

Buddy says he will be healthy by start of offseason workouts

Meh.

Who cares. There's a %0.1 chance Merriman ever sees a Pro Bowl again, and I think the guy is an ass personally -- not that that matters. But if the money really only is 2.5, roll the dice.

But if he signed for 2.5 million, that means his agent knows that's how little the rest of the league values him. And that can't be a good sign.

Meh.

Who cares. There's a %0.1 chance Merriman ever sees a Pro Bowl again, and I think the guy is an ass personally -- not that that matters. But if the money really only is 2.5, roll the dice.

But if he signed for 2.5 million, that means his agent knows that's how little the rest of the league values him. And that can't be a good sign.

what about the fact that the bills medical staff had the chance to monitor merriman for the time he was in buffalo? if merriman doesnt play a down in the nfl you can be the bills have an insurance policy to minimize the risk. the fact is that merriman would have gotten signed somewhere in the off season for pretty close to the same deal.

what about the fact that the bills medical staff had the chance to monitor merriman for the time he was in buffalo? if merriman doesnt play a down in the nfl you can be the bills have an insurance policy to minimize the risk. the fact is that merriman would have gotten signed somewhere in the off season for pretty close to the same deal.

I'm not disputing that. I'm saying that if a rebuilding project like Merriman is only worth 2.5 to 31 other teams on the open market, then most of the personnel people in the NFL think there's no chance of Merriman making any semblance of a comeback. So we probably shouldn't hold our breaths and expect anything from Merriman.

Then, if he proves those 31 other teams wrong, good for him and good for Buffalo. I just don't think it's gonna happen.

I don't see why saying a team such as Buffalo needs to be the highest bidder is pessimistic.

- More often than not a person will take more money than less.

- The Bills are a losing organization.

- Buffalo is a small town with pretty intense weather at times.

Now, I can see teams like San Diego, Miami, Los Angeles (if they get a team again), NY, etc big and/or warm markets getting guys for less money because the city/area is desirable. And I can also see teams like New England, New Orleans, etc getting players because guys want a chance to win a championship.

But lets face facts. The Bills are small town losers right now, we need to throw money at players to get them here until we become winners.

What? 2.5 mil is "throwing money." That's funny.

The part where papazoid speculates that deal is for much more than, 2.5 mil. Thats pure pessimistic speculation.

Again what is the risk?

Edited by Why So Serious?