Should we go after the Vikings D?

JimKelly12

In another transition year for Buffalo wouldn't it be fun to try to bring back Pat Williams and Antoine Winfield from the Viks?

Not implying that they are a long term solution but they are still fairly productive and could bring a lot to the table in teaching younger players how to reach long term success in this league.

In another transition year for Buffalo wouldn't it be fun to try to bring back Pat Williams and Antoine Winfield from the Viks?

Not implying that they are a long term solution but they are still fairly productive and could bring a lot to the table in teaching younger players how to reach long term success in this league.

Pat Williams is getting old. I wouldn't mind signing Pat for a year or two. I wouldn't mind the other Williams on their D either. I don't think Winfield left on the best of terms with the Bills. Would be nice to have veteran leadership on the D. Nice idea....not likely.

I'm all for bringing back big Pat Williams to finish his career. He could rotate around the D-line and provide some seriously lacking depth. Having that kinda Pro Bowl vet around only helps the young guys that come in, too. He needs to be in Buffalo.

As for Winfield, I doubt he comes here and I don't think that's really a need area for us. Ray Edwards is another story...

Maybe if their names were Ray Edwards and E.J. Henderson...

Pat Williams is 38. I would rather see a youth movement. Winfield is a guy who should never have been allowed to get away..

If we were on the verge of competing for a superbowl, I'd be all for it. I'd rather keep going with the younger guys in our case, though

I think you've been playing too much Madden, where you can basically coax the computer to make any trade you want.

Pat said he's probably gonna retire. Then he said maybe not. But best believe he wants a championship, not another year or two rebuilding. As to winfield, why would he want to come back?

Lets get younger, stronger, and better with players on the way up, or at the top.

We are rebuilding ... youth ... players who can play ... I always loved Pat Williams; he was and is a Buffalo type of guy but we have our nose tackle and are building around another Williams on the DL. If we can get ourselves an attack dog at LB or DE through the draft or free agency we will be making the right moves.

But it isn't worth the cost to sign Pat Williams or Winfield. They have played their best football and I think with Gailey our young players have a coach who is all about winning ... don't need the old timers.

I think the Bills missed their opportunity to "go after the Vikings D" on December 5th.

Sick (bad) game..... The Bills made the Vike's defense, especially their front 7 look like they were All-Pros, each and every one of them.

In a long-lost romance sort of way, I agree with you.

I have been bemoaning the loss of these two defensive stalwarts since they left. Clements bolted for San Fran for a ridiculous amount of money that he has proven to not be worth.

I watched some of that game against Philly on Tuesday and have to say, Winfield still impresses me.

It was a total boner move to lose these 2 guys. Both could have been had for a reasonable sum, and both wanted to remain. We could have built around them and London Fletcher.

WHEW!

That being said, I not only don't see it happening, but it may unfortunately be too little too late. These guys are in the twilight of their careers now.

I believe Pat Williams actually wanted to stay in Buffalo. I remember reading that he had started a business and all in Buffalo or the surrounding area and wanted to play out his career w.the Bills. Not sure what the problem was as far as keeping him in town. I always thought he was underrated and under appreciated. He was my favorite Bills player and the guy just stays healthy. He hasn't missed a game since he left I believe. Who was the jerk who let him get away? When big Pat and Winfield left town I had a pretty good inkling that the Bills were not about winning. Just worried about selling out the suites and season tix. I remember the big stink the organization was making around that time about that.