Predictions for 2011 Bills and their fans

offyourocker

Step 1/ Fans will spend the next 3.5 months dreaming about whom the Bills will draft and thinking that their guy will be the one taking the Bills over the hump. Many will have a TE in round 4 and think for certain that he will be a stud completely forgetting the fact that the Bills can't pick one.

Step 2/ Come draft day the Bills will pick somebody that surprises everybody, freak their fan out and shake Kiper's hair due at its foundation.

Step 3/ Fans will spend few more months going from extremely morose to pretty optimistic just before camp.

Step 4/ Camp rolls and pre-season around. A couple no name running backs will do well in the against the Bills defense in camp and the 4th string of whichever team they play in preseason. The fans get really excited. Those guys are gonna be studs.

Step 5/ Season starts. After 1 game, you get a real good feeling the Bills are gonna suck again. After 2, it becomes obvious. By game 4 they are out of the playoff race.

Step 6/ They win two games in a row against bottom feeders. This sites explodes with optimistic post crowning Gayley coach of the year.

Step 7/ Happy New Year. Repeat above from step 1.

...And if this were 20 years ago, it would have to be a convincing win. Sigh...

Now here's an old timer with a memory! Some of the young whippersnappers would be shocked to know that people bitched about the Bills back then almost as much as they do now! There is always something to complain about no matter how you are doing. Don't believe me? Ask any Giant fan how they feel about their team just 3 years removed from winning a Super Bowl.

PTR

Step 1/ Fans will spend the next 3.5 months dreaming about whom the Bills will draft and thinking that their guy will be the one taking the Bills over the hump. Many will have a TE in round 4 and think for certain that he will be a stud completely forgetting the fact that the Bills can't pick one.

Step 2/ Come draft day the Bills will pick somebody that surprises everybody, freak their fan out and shake Kiper's hair due at its foundation.

Step 3/ Fans will spend few more months going from extremely morose to pretty optimistic just before camp.

Step 4/ Camp rolls and pre-season around. A couple no name running backs will do well in the against the Bills defense in camp and the 4th string of whichever team they play in preseason. The fans get really excited. Those guys are gonna be studs.

Step 5/ Season starts. After 1 game, you get a real good feeling the Bills are gonna suck again. After 2, it becomes obvious. By game 4 they are out of the playoff race.

Step 6/ They win two games in a row against bottom feeders. This sites explodes with optimistic post crowning Gayley coach of the year.

Unfortunately this has been the cycle for the past 5 years at least, so i see where you're getting this. Will the cycle be broken next season? We have to wait and see.

Now here's an old timer with a memory! Some of the young whippersnappers would be shocked to know that people bitched about the Bills back then almost as much as they do now! There is always something to complain about no matter how you are doing. Don't believe me? Ask any Giant fan how they feel about their team just 3 years removed from winning a Super Bowl.

PTR

I hear you. I see that all the time. Winning a superbowl is a pretty furtive moment really. A lot of times I think about who won the superbowl last year and it takes me a minute to remember. Two years ago, I would probably need google and I follow football pretty closely. I have to say I was still satisfied with the flutie/Johson years when we made playoffs.. I would be satisfied with them trying to put a successful team on the field. I don’t feel that has been the case in last few years. I do like Galey but I think we went cheap on DC and it showed this year. The FA we got were also sad for a team that needed a lot of help. What was the biggest name?? Green. That sums it up.

You are gonna be the LIFE of the party tonight.

CJ wasnt a surprise Chan and Buddy said for months thsat they wanted to add a player with his attributes. This team will likely not be playoff contenders for 3 years as Buddy and Chan didnt exactly take over alot of talent and promise..

Excuse me...after the past 10 years or so, nothing this organization does can shake me to my foundation thank you...

Edited by Kipers Hair

I must have a serious problem. I am looking forward to next season so I guess I am on step 3. The way things have gone for the last 11 + years steps 1 and 2 are the only source of entertainment for the Bills. Might as well have fun with the hot stove stuff because next year my early prediction is an optimistic 7-9 season. Does anyone have a number for a battered mens hotline? Happy New Year!

PTR

Yup Promo - I still remember the Bills BEATING the Pats 14-0 in a mid season game back in '90. Now mind you, we SHUT OUT the Pats, but because they were a bad team, some fans thought we should have won by a more convincing margin. Sheesh! Although ultimately I would love to see the Bills win a Superbowl before I retire (once upon a time, that was humorous!) I would like Buffalo to at least return to being competitive, and be a threat to win any game they play. With the team is giving up 200 yd rushing games like it's their job, we have a ways to go..

Edited by Mr_Blizzard

PTR

Dammit, I've had it with Kelly's stupid decision making, Reed's drops, Bruce jumping offsides and don't even get me started on Biscuit being out of position again!!! ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

You know, despite the 4-11 record, I enjoyed this season a whole heck of a lot more than probably any season since '03. They were often fun to watch and they kept it close in a lot of games. Yeah, they had the requisite agonizing losses, but they felt different for some reason.

You know, despite the 4-11 record, I enjoyed this season a whole heck of a lot more than probably any season since '03. They were often fun to watch and they kept it close in a lot of games. Yeah, they had the requisite agonizing losses, but they felt different for some reason.

You know what I share the same feeling but my little optimistic self has been smacked in the face too many times. Happy New Year to all and Go Bills

Dammit, I've had it with Kelly's stupid decision making, Reed's drops, Bruce jumping offsides and don't even get me started on Biscuit being out of position again!!! ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

A blast from the past! You forgot "We should bench Kelly and play Reich!"

PTR

God I hope not, but probably true.