Need some help....

billsfaninvgs

I disagree on the fake Pats fan. Just join as yourself, tell the truth and describe the painting fairly.

Auction it on Ebay and give the auction # (or link if it's allowed) on the BB

Another thing to try would be to look if Richard Seymour (or whoever you decide it is) tweets and has followers, offer there

This, and good luck.

Sorry to hear about the mix-up. What a bite. :doh:

Also, if you get it up online, please link the auction as I would like to see the painting for myself.

Edited by DrDankenstein

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes please keep them coming..... I will post a picture of it later tonight and will update things as I go... For those who a curious as to the outcome......

well J.P is out of the NFL and Seymore is in Oakland so I think you're screwed when it comes to selling it- might make a good gun-range target maybe you could charge people to shoot it- there exists in buffalo a certain about of desire to shoot both Losman and the Pats

Tell her you love it, and hang it up!

I tried to tell her I loved it but it was eating away at me and I couldn't hide it..... She knew I didn't and the painting cost $400 plus the cost to frame it....

well J.P is out of the NFL and Seymore is in Oakland so I think you're screwed when it comes to selling it- might make a good gun-range target maybe you could charge people to shoot it- there exists in buffalo a certain about of desire to shoot both Losman and the Pats

I think it will be ok.... Although I love your idea because I love shooting but it doesn't have any names on it just numbers... I think I will be able to sell it but probably won't get what she paid.... Hopefully some what close

I just thought of an idea...... I am going to look into going to.a pats bar and see if the owner will let me raffle it off.... I will give him some of the money but those bars get pretty packed maybe do it for $10 a ticket over the next couple of weeks and see if I can get close braking even.....

I just thought of an idea...... I am going to look into going to.a pats bar and see if the owner will let me raffle it off.... I will give him some of the money but those bars get pretty packed maybe do it for $10 a ticket over the next couple of weeks and see if I can get close braking even.....

Another good idea.

I think before you do that, try ebaying it. You can set a reserve that needs to be met in order for the auction to go through. So you could set it at $400, and if you dont make your money back fully, then do the bar raffle.

Just a suggestion.

Another good idea.

I think before you do that, try ebaying it. You can set a reserve that needs to be met in order for the auction to go through. So you could set it at $400, and if you dont make your money back fully, then do the bar raffle.

Just a suggestion.

Yeah it's going on eBay tonight for sure

I'd do the Pats website idea, but tell the truth about it instead of pretending to be a Pats fan. You might find a sympathetic soul on there. Or ... maybe find Richard Seymour on Twitter and see if he wants to buy it. You never know. Good luck!

Or contract Richard Seymour directly through the Oakland Raiders front office.

Have the artist repaint the picture as Moats sacking Bret Farve.

If you have not sold it, I will give you $10 for it if you pay the shipping.

Geez Mead, why don't you ask him for his bank account number, pin number, and social number so you can just "send the money directly to his account".

Geez Mead, why don't you ask him for his bank account number, pin number, and social number so you can just "send the money directly to his account".

I was going to put the picture in the TBD raffle at the home opener.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I bought her a disney painting about the same size and had it custom framed so we both had the same ideas..... Mine was perfect so she thought hers would be too... She got even more excited then when I opened it she knew it wasn't.....

Was it a painting of Mickey Mouse getting his ass kicked by Bugs Bunny? :ph34r::devil:

Was it a painting of Mickey Mouse getting his ass kicked by Bugs Bunny? :ph34r::devil:

That's funny.....

There isn't a update yet.... I post on my iPhone because the Internet isn't hooked up yet at the new house they are coming this weekend..... I will post a picture and eBay link then....

my suggestion is late in coming.....keep you mouth shut and enjoy the thought.....and 'it' didn't ruin her christmas, you did by 'criticizing' the gift...at least that is my humble opinion

Yeah that's what I told her..... I was happy with the thought.... I guess that's what counts.....

I am going to try eBay. And I guess I will google for pats message boards or something... It just sucks because it ruined her Christmas and it wasn't cheap....

my suggestion is late in coming.....keep you mouth shut and enjoy the thought.....and 'it' didn't ruin her christmas, you did by 'criticizing' the gift...at least that is my humble opinion

I didn't criticize the gift at all..... I actually told her the idea for the gift was perfect. The painting cost with framing like $700.... That is a lot of money for something I am not going to hang on my wall..... If I can get her the money back some how I would rather do that then pretend like I love this and hang it on my wall..... I would rather her use that to pay for this semesters tuition....