Need some help....

billsfaninvgs

I am in a bit of a bind and am looking for a little help. Please only serious suggestions.

On Christmas morning my wife gave me my gift. We just bought a new house and she wanted to get me something nice to hang up in the living room. So as I opened it I can see it was a very nice painting. I started to get excited when I seen a Bills helmet. Everything was perfect. Custom painting. Custom framing.

The only problem is my wife doesn't really like football. Since she doesn't watch very much football she doesn't really know much about football. So the painting she picked out doesn't exactly depict a glorious image. She got a wonderful painting of J.P. LOSMAN GETTING SACKED BY RICHARD SEYMORE.

The picture would be great if I was a PATRIOTS FAN. I finally told her why we can't hang it in my new house. She knew I wasn't exactly thrilled with it when I didn't react the way she hoped for. It was pretty expensive, so I need to sell this some how. If anybody has any real suggestions I would appreciate it.

Edited by billsfaninvgs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, great story (for us, not you obviously)

At least she tried!

Yeah that's what I told her..... I was happy with the thought.... I guess that's what counts.....

I am going to try eBay. And I guess I will google for pats message boards or something... It just sucks because it ruined her Christmas and it wasn't cheap....

Ebay is probably your best bet. I think redbubble.com is a site for people to sell their art as well (although it might be intended for artists' portfolios, etc.). Worth a look.

Did your wife eventually understand the situation? Did you explain that her gift to you (though well intentioned, generous, and thoughtful) was akin to you offering your wife her favorite flower, dipped in a turd?

I know your situation is a bit difficult... but I gotta say, outside looking in, it's pretty hilarious. I bet I see your scene in a movie someday. :)

Must also say -- let's give it up for Mrs. Billsfaninvgs for being down with putting up football art in the living room! That's a conversation that would go nowhere in my house. :lol:

I'd do the Pats website idea, but tell the truth about it instead of pretending to be a Pats fan. You might find a sympathetic soul on there. Or ... maybe find Richard Seymour on Twitter and see if he wants to buy it. You never know. Good luck!

Yeah that's what I told her..... I was happy with the thought.... I guess that's what counts.....

I am going to try eBay. And I guess I will google for pats message boards or something... It just sucks because it ruined her Christmas and it wasn't cheap....

Don't sweat it. My wife did something similar when we got married. She wasn't into football, and bought me an autographed Billy Joe Hobert jersey. I was aghast at it, but sucked up it. She is now an avid Bills fan, and we kept the shirt for memento's in the future. We laugh about it now. You might want to keep it. It might be good memory in 10+ years. Mine is.

You shouldn't have told her. She obviously put a lot of effort into it so you should have hung it up and you would have had a nice story to tell your Bills fan buddies :)

But I guess ebay is your best bet now. Though shipping that could be a real B word.

Craigs list local maybe to avoid shipping?

Edited by CodeMonkey

I will check out redbubble.com when I get home from work. It's a really nice piece and think it will sell I just don't know how kong it will take.

She likes baseball so I told her it was like a player from her favorite team getting struck out or tagged out. Then she understood... When she gave it to me she said "why don't you like it the Bills player has the football". Bless her heart she tried. I also told her that the intent was perfect but she just picked the wrong image. I am going to email the artist and see if he will be willing to take it back and then I will pay him to do another one. One that is more appropriate for my home. I doubt he will take it back but most artists want their work to be displayed proudly so maybe I can convince him.

I can see the humor in it. I did marry a good one. I was shocked she bought it for the living room. At the new house I am going to have a "Bills room" for all my memorabilia. She said I can put bills stuff through out the house as long as it's tasteful so she wanted to get me something that she thought would be nice. She doesn't want autographed mini helmets in the livingroom....

I will tell her you applauded her effort. She will appreciate that.

You shouldn't have told her. She obviously put a lot of effort into it so you should have hung it up and you would have had a nice story to tell your Bills fan buddies :)

But I guess ebay is your best bet now. Though shipping that could be a real B word.

Craigs list local maybe to avoid shipping?

I didn't want to tell her but she knew something was wrong and kept asking..... It was very expensive after the custom framing and stuff so if we can sell it and maybe get as much as we can for it that's what she wants.... It's huge and would be the center piece of the living room so any football fan would see it is wrong and say something. I would rather tell her know then someone tell her a year or so down the line. It would be worse. I stressed that I loved the thought but couldn't hang it up.....

upload a pic of the painting!

I will when I get home from work... I am not exactly sure if it's Seymour know that I think of it...... I haven't seen it since Christmas..... I only looked it for a few minutes..... Kinda made me sick when I realized the image...

Any woman tolerant enough to live with a Bills fan ranting, raving, cursing, and throwing things 16 Sundays a year is a good woman ;)

Very true because I do all that every Sunday.....

who sold it to her? I'd be ticked at them, if it was a sports memorabilia shop, and she went in asking for a Bills picture.

She bought it from some artist..... I am pissed about that. I am going to try and email him and see if he is willing to try and fix it..... I doubt it though... All sales final kinda thing.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I bought her a disney painting about the same size and had it custom framed so we both had the same ideas..... Mine was perfect so she thought hers would be too... She got even more excited then when I opened it she knew it wasn't.....

Edited by billsfaninvgs

I am in a bit of a bind and am looking for a little help. Please only serious suggestions.

On Christmas morning my wife gave me my gift. We just bought a new house and she wanted to get me something nice to hang up in the living room. So as I opened it I can see it was a very nice painting. I started to get excited when I seen a Bills helmet. Everything was perfect. Custom painting. Custom framing.

The only problem is my wife doesn't really like football. Since she doesn't watch very much football she doesn't really know much about football. So the painting she picked out doesn't exactly depict a glorious image. She got a wonderful painting of J.P. LOSMAN GETTING SACKED BY RICHARD SEYMORE.

The picture would be great if I was a PATRIOTS FAN. I finally told her why we can't hang it in my new house. She knew I wasn't exactly thrilled with it when I didn't react the way she hoped for. It was pretty expensive, so I need to sell this some how. If anybody has any real suggestions I would appreciate it.

My wife has family in Salem Mass. If I can in touch with them I will have them ask around and see if anybody is interested and I will let you know.

Any woman tolerant enough to live with a Bills fan ranting, raving, cursing, and throwing things 16 Sundays a year is a good woman ;)

I'll say AMEN to that! My wife is from Iowa, and she is now a rabid Bills fan too. It only took 9 years to get her that way. Should have met her during the Super Bowl years.

Visit the Pats website as a fake Pats fan and see if you can shop it.

I disagree on the fake Pats fan. Just join as yourself, tell the truth and describe the painting fairly.

Auction it on Ebay and give the auction # (or link if it's allowed) on the BB

Another thing to try would be to look if Richard Seymour (or whoever you decide it is) tweets and has followers, offer there

I disagree on the fake Pats fan. Just join as yourself, tell the truth and describe the painting fairly.

Auction it on Ebay and give the auction # (or link if it's allowed) on the BB

Another thing to try would be to look if Richard Seymour (or whoever you decide it is) tweets and has followers, offer there

AWESOME ideas!!!! :thumbsup: