Blaine Gabbert?

Damian

Tidbit from end of a D&C article on the Bills:

ESPN Scouts Inc.'s top-10 picks for the 2011 NFL college draft (in order): Stanford QB Andrew Luck; Clemson DE Da'Quan Bowers; Auburn DT Nick Fairley; LSU CB Patrick Peterson; Georgia WR A.J. Green; Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert; North Carolina DE Robert Quinn; Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara; Alabama DT Marcus Dareus; Iowa DE Adrian Clayburn; Oregon State DT Stephen Paea. Washington QB Jake Locker is 23rd, Auburn QB Cam Newton 29th and Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett 31st.

Since Luck will either not be in this draft or be gone long before we pick, the one we have a shot at is the number 2 rated QB (per ESPN) is Blaine Gabbert of Missouri. I have not heard much about this prospect, has anyone on the board that has watched him play much that could give some input on him?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tidbit from end of a D&C article on the Bills:

ESPN Scouts Inc.'s top-10 picks for the 2011 NFL college draft (in order): Stanford QB Andrew Luck; Clemson DE Da'Quan Bowers; Auburn DT Nick Fairley; LSU CB Patrick Peterson; Georgia WR A.J. Green; Missouri QB Blaine Gabbert; North Carolina DE Robert Quinn; Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara; Alabama DT Marcus Dareus; Iowa DE Adrian Clayburn; Oregon State DT Stephen Paea. Washington QB Jake Locker is 23rd, Auburn QB Cam Newton 29th and Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett 31st.

Since Luck will either not be in this draft or be gone long before we pick, the one we have a shot at is the number 2 rated QB (per ESPN) is Blaine Gabbert of Missouri. I have not heard much about this prospect, has anyone on the board that has watched him play much that could give some input on him?

We may be able to get both Fairley and Mallett, Mallett will fall that far.

Oh goodie! Another kid with a ticket punched for Canton. Get' em while they're hot!

PTR

I'm not trying to be a dick, but what is the point of posts like this? All the OP was asking for was input on Gabbert.

To answer the OP, I've only seen Gabbert play a few times, but really was not particularly impressed by him.

Last year everyone wanted someone named Toby, which is a good name for a Golden Retriever but not a football player. Now we want some dude named Blaine? Blaine? Wan't that dude in a Molly Ringrose movie? Come on.

That one made me laugh, but who the hell is Molly Ringrose?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft

That is Scouts Inc.'s top 32, and Blaine Gabbert is No. 20. Where did the D&C get its info?

Wondering that myself.

To answer the OP, I'm from Missouri and Gabbert hasn't "shown me".

Wondering if it would be realistic for us to either trade down or bundle some later round picks to trade up, and get two players later in the 1st.

Nothing against Bowers, he seems kind of short and light for a #1 pick (I do believe Luck will stay home)

Would he be another "I'll do my college learning in the NFL" underclassman type?

Last year everyone wanted someone named Toby, which is a good name for a Golden Retriever but not a football player. Now we want some dude named Blaine? Blaine? Wan't that dude in a Molly Ringrose movie

:lol:

I agree...Blaine sounds like it has fail written all over it. But wasn't it a Molly Ringwald movie..."Like, I'm so sure that Blaine and I went on a date to see The Breakfast Club and then we like, made out in the back seat of his parents Ford Taurus while listening to 'Oh Sherry' by Steve Perry!"

Edited by Sabesfan71

:lol:

I agree...Blaine sounds like it has fail written all over it. But wasn't it a Molly Ringwald movie..."Like, I'm so sure that Blaine and I went on a date to see The Breakfast Club and then we like, made out in the back seat of his parents Ford Taurus while listening to 'Oh Sherry' by Steve Perry!"

wasn't "Blaine" from Pretty In Pink?

:ph34r: