An example of how I was right

ieatcrayonz

So your screen name isn't a joke I guess. If you are trying to say you're better off beating teams in your own conference, you're right. If you're trying to say losing games to the other conference does anything but help you draft position and compromise your playoff chances, you clearly have eaten so many crayons that one has lodged deep in your brain.

You're telling me that if the Chargers end up in a tie breaker with the Chiefs, they won't be thanking their lucky stars that they lost those games against the NFC teams?

If you win too many NFC games that means you have lost more AFC games which messes up your tiebreaker.

That implies that you know what your record is going to be. If that were the case, why play the games. They could just set back and say yep we will win this week and nope we will lose this week.

You're telling me that if the Chargers end up in a tie breaker with the Chiefs, they won't be thanking their lucky stars that they lost those games against the NFC teams?

Your assumption is that they win those games at the cost of losing others, which is a huge fallacy. If they had won those NFC games instead of losing them, they wouldn't have to worry about a tie-breaker with the Chiefs because they'd have a better record in the first place.

But of course, you may still have to contend with the plane crash....

Edited by johnnychemo

I can't believe I'm doing this, but to help keep this thread alive cause crayonz is my favorite poster ever, NO, because if they won an extra game against the NFC West, there wouldn't even be a tie-breaker.

A few years ago I mentioned that the Bills would be better off losing a game to the Cardinals to set themselves up better for the tie breaker. People on the board refused to understand my point even though it is relatively simple.

I can't find the link but some of you may remember it.

If you were around back then maybe you can answer this:

If the Chiefs and Chargers both win their remaining division games, the Chargers win their other game and the Chiefs lose their other game, which team will go to the playoffs? Why?

Wow how many 64 Packs did you eat? You play to win EVERY GAME!!! Good Teams find ways to win all games that matter. YOU don't lose for the sake of losing. UGHHHH!

A few years ago I mentioned that the Bills would be better off losing a game to the Cardinals to set themselves up better for the tie breaker. People on the board refused to understand my point even though it is relatively simple.

If the Chiefs and Chargers both win their remaining division games, the Chargers win their other game and the Chiefs lose their other game, which team will go to the playoffs? Why?

Better off as a franchise or better off for the draft?

Of course they will because now they look back at which games they won and lost and say, yeah we were lucky. But losing the sixth game of the year and then proclaiming how lucky they were to lose a non conference game cause they know they still have X number of games they are going to win and now that increases the odds they wins will be within the conferecne is retarded. A preseason "8-8" team can just as easily lose another game they were supposed to win along the way and end up 7-9 or even 6-10.

Can I ask you one question, are you just bring this point up to try and tweak people to get into an argument with you, or are you really this stupid? If you can't figure out the difference between those two scenerios, maybe you should stop using the computer, and god forbid, stay away from power tools. Maybe I should throw that questions out to others who know you better, is he really this dumb?? Can anyone be that dumb??

ZZzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg!

Gotta hand it to you Crayonz.

You catch more in a day than many do in an entire season.

You're obviously a troll since you won't answer my question about the plane crash.

No doubt he'll get to it when he explains how and why the NFC/AFC tie breakers kick in.

Can I ask you one question, are you just bring this point up to try and tweak people to get into an argument with you, or are you really this stupid? If you can't figure out the difference between those two scenerios, maybe you should stop using the computer, and god forbid, stay away from power tools. Maybe I should throw that questions out to others who know you better, is he really this dumb?? Can anyone be that dumb??

You ain't seen nothing yet.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

If you don't understand the basic math it is one thing, but starting in with the vulgarity is not useful to the conversation.

fallacy -

–noun, plural -cies.

1.a deceptive, misleading, or false notion, belief, etc.: That the world is flat was at one time a popular fallacy.

2.a misleading or unsound argument.

3.deceptive, misleading, or false nature; erroneousness.

4.Logic . any of various types of erroneous reasoning that render arguments logically unsound.

5.Obsolete . deception.

What is vulgar about the term?

I mentioned in an earlier post that you might have a point in that the strength of schedule tiebreaker might be favorably impacted, however turning a loss into a win, (and this is the important part) while leaving the record alone otherwise (ie going from 9-7 to 10-6) is going to negate the need for a tiebreaker in the first place.

Now, if I haven't hit the essence of your argument, please do enlighten me.

Oh, and please refrain from generic crayons. Stick with a name brand.

Edited by johnnychemo

The title of your post says all that is needed about the type of person you are. Even if your post made ANY sense, and assuming you were correct about some inane point you made a few years back, what is the need to bring it up here? It suggests you don't have much going on in the real world and need to boost your self esteem to a group of people who don't know what a loser you really are. Only problem is this type of post makes that point very obvious.

Edited by Mr. T

So five and a half years of posting and you were right once? Good for you! :thumbsup:

Winning against conference opponents is preferred against winning against non-conference opponents. Got it. That doesn't mean that losing a game on purpose is going to help you, because you don't know if you're going to win another one later. If you lose on purpose you're taking yourself out of the potential tie-breaker situation.