Tebow haters

If it were just up to him, he would have willed the team to win despite not really knowing how to play QB in this league. But it was God's plan for him to lose, so it's all good.

If it were completely up to him, he would've summoned Jesus himself down from the heavens and would've smote his opponents right there in their shoes.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he didn't win.

The Dean's point--with which I agree--is that football is a team sport, so it doesn't make sense to assign wins or losses to specific individual players. No one ever says that a LG or ROLB "won" this many games or "lost" that many. Rather, the team on which those guys played won or lost those games. A quarterback is no different. Take the best quarterback ever and put him on a team devoid of talent, and that team will lose a lot more games than it wins. Conversely, you could take a below-average quarterback--Trent Dilfer, for example--and put him on a team stocked with talent, and come away with a Super Bowl win.

If it were just up to him, he would have willed the team to win despite not really knowing how to play QB in this league. But it was God's plan for him to lose, so it's all good.

Tebow could never get another chance to play in the league and would be more likely to be okay with that than most of the other NFL players.

If it were completely up to him, he would've summoned Jesus himself down from the heavens and would've smote his opponents right there in their shoes.

I thought the story of Jesus (whether myth or legend) was to come to earth and die so others could live.

The Dean's point--with which I agree--is that football is a team sport, so it doesn't make sense to assign wins or losses to specific individual players. No one ever says that a LG or ROLB "won" this many games or "lost" that many. Rather, the team on which those guys played won or lost those games. A quarterback is no different. Take the best quarterback ever and put him on a team devoid of talent, and that team will lose a lot more games than it wins. Conversely, you could take a below-average quarterback--Trent Dilfer, for example--and put him on a team stocked with talent, and come away with a Super Bowl win.

I also agree with this, although I think kickers can definitely be considered exceptions to this....well at least in the losing the game category.

Have you ever seen him converting people on the sideline or is he just playing ball. If he wants to talk about Jesus on his own time that's his choice, just like many other players do in the league. Besides you want be on the sideline so you want have to worry about it. He can play and will prove it, it's his first game, how good is any QB in his first game?

I for one am very glad we passed on all the QBs in the last draft. They all look like Brady Quinn. Nice guys, try hard, but just don't have it. I've seen plenty of Clausen and he is nothing special. Nice guy, tries hard, just not very good. Tebow, robotic, tries hard, not good enough, period. Bradford's a baller, he's about it. no one else close.

Yeah that's fine. This thread is about demanding Tebow haters to apologize, which was done after he played an average game and lost against an average team. It's not justifiable, and you're thinking too much. Fans like the OP need to relax and stop feeling so vindictive about what players they like.

Where are all the haters that said he couldn't play? Looked pretty good for his first start with 2 Touchdowns, he should have been sitting behind Fitz being groomed as our QB of the future.

You said it. First Start. Let's see how he does after 16 Games first Huh????

That TD should have been intercepted by two players before it reached the Bronco. He did have another pass that was dropped in the endzone but that was a crappy pass, too. He looked like garbage to me, except when he ran, which everyone knows he can do. The TD run was great. The reason people don't think he can be a good NFL QB is because of his mechanics and his abilities as a passer in the NFL, and to me, he looked horrible.

You can say the same thing (and many do) every week about several of Fitz's passes.

A couple good runs. Some bad plays as well. All in all not too bad for a first game I'd say.

Where are all the haters that said he couldn't play? Looked pretty good for his first start with 2 Touchdowns, he should have been sitting behind Fitz being groomed as our QB of the future.

He looked OK for his first game, but I'm still not impressed. Definitely glad he's not on the Bills roster.

He didn't make much of a difference and a QB can influence a team's performance more so than any other player. You can look at our Bills as the perfect example of that.

He did bring energy to a team going downhill, that's all I can say. He put up mediocre numbers at best. He was lucky on his TD pass. It should have been a pick. His delivery still looks like crap. Now that they do have film on him, do you think defensive coordinators will be able to effectively game plan for Tebow? He did his damage in the first half, and then the Broncos' Offense was shut down for the most part in the 2nd half. 2 FG's, 3 three and outs and a safety. It took halftime adjustments to shut the Tebow machine down. I'm not going to say he's a bust at this point, but he's closer to a bust than the QB of the future moniker that some want to put on him from watching him play yesterday.

Still waiting for him to throw a touchdown pass to himself. Then he can play.

His passing was garbage, like many of us said it would be. If you didn't see the beginning of the TD "pass" you would have mistaken it for a punt with the way it was lobbed up there and wobbled around like a wounded duck before crashing luckily into the WR's arms.

tebow will make a good H-back in this league, but not a QB. His long, leftwich-esque windup was back again, and for some strange reason he leans all the way forward and bounces off his front foot when he throws. he's simply not a passer.

Edited by Ramius

I was never a Tebow-hater . . . until this thread! After yesterday's game, you're going to get puffy chested about his play and potential??

Unless you're his agent or his mama, you're clueless. He's fun to watch - at least twice a game. Other than that, he has a lot of growing to do. Give him a year of starting, not one game, and then come try to convince me I'm a dope.

Where are the Tebow-haters???

HERE.

Isn't this kind of like starting a thread lauding Stevie Johnson after the Pittsburgh game?

Tebow was bad last night.

Have you ever seen him converting people on the sideline or is he just playing ball. If he wants to talk about Jesus on his own time that's his choice, just like many other players do in the league. Besides you want be on the sideline so you want have to worry about it. He can play and will prove it, it's his first game, how good is any QB in his first game?

I am not a Tebow hater. I think he is a very talented football player.

I also think he is a huge project as an NFL QB. He might end up being a quality full-time starter at the position, but I wouldn't count on it. I think the Bills are better off without him.

But I don't think his Christianity helps or hurts him with the rest of the team. There are plenty of Christians in the NFL. Unless he constantly preaches to them, he will be fine.