Wang

you know what they say when its cold out...

ok lets not make this another dick joke thread...

how did he do, guys? i sure didnt notice him

He really didn't stick out much. Wood did a hard day's work and Wrotto and Howard followed Wood's lead.

Jesus, even when I don't try to make a dick joke, I make a dick joke.

It would not shock me at all to see Wang get cut in the offseason......I have been told I am reading way to much into it but it just strikes me as odd that we have to bring in players to man that guard and RT position when we drafted Wang and we wont play him

His learning curve must be big time

Yeah we probably should have cut Jason Peters are Demetrius Bell after 13 games too.

It would not shock me at all to see Wang get cut in the offseason......I have been told I am reading way to much into it but it just strikes me as odd that we have to bring in players to man that guard and RT position when we drafted Wang and we wont play him

Yeah, but Wang has been injured most of the season. You gotta break Wang in a little more. You just can't yank him if he isn't finishing plays.

I would like to apologize for this reply.

Edited by Kevin

You mean pull a Lorena Bobbitt?! No way!

But seriously, he'll be given several years to develop. The marketing potential is China alone makes it worth it.

As for Wang's potential, recall the last OT the Bills drafted in the 5th round from a college in the state of Virginia, who also missed most of his rookie year. He did alright (until he retired early after suffering a knee injury...okay it's no longer a mystery, it was Brad Butler!). Give him at least another year.

I didn't notice Wang last week. The Bills were rotating Howard & Rinehart at RG, Wang wasn't in the rotation. Since Bell, Levitre, Wood & Wrotto played the whole game I doubt Wang got in for many, if any, offensive plays.

There was an article I read this week where the writer attributed Rinehart's playing time to Wang, but the writer was wrong.

FWIW, Chad Rinehart was elevated from the practice squad last Tuesday. He's now been installed as our starting right guard, due to injuries to Wood, Hangartner, and Howard.

Wood's back of course but at center. Howard has played right tackle and right guard.

Here's the thing, though...

Last Wednesday, Gailey said that Cordero Howard and Ed Wang would be splitting snaps at right guard. On Saturday, Chris Brown reported that Cordero Howard and Chad Rinehart would be splitting snaps at right guard.

So Wang was leapfrogged by a guy who was on the practice squad only a few days earlier and another guy who was a street free agent. Now granted Wang was a 5th rounder so he's not supposed to set the world on fire…but I think you're kidding yourself if you think the Bills aren't a little disappointed in Ed Wang.

This could be nothing.

Or it could be analogous to when Aaron Maybin was practicing with the 3rd teamers in training camp.

We don't know right now.

Wang was drafted as a developmental left tackle. With Bell both playing well and healthy they have moved wang to see if he could play other positions. In the end he may just be a developmental left tackle. Let see what an offseason of strength and conditioning do for him before we jump to any conclusions

Edited by bkc

FWIW, Chad Rinehart was elevated from the practice squad last Tuesday. He's now been installed as our starting right guard, due to injuries to Wood, Hangartner, and Howard.

Wood's back of course but at center. Howard has played right tackle and right guard.

Here's the thing, though...

Last Wednesday, Gailey said that Cordero Howard and Ed Wang would be splitting snaps at right guard. On Saturday, Chris Brown reported that Cordero Howard and Chad Rinehart would be splitting snaps at right guard.

So Wang was leapfrogged by a guy who was on the practice squad only a few days earlier and another guy who was a street free agent. Now granted Wang was a 5th rounder so he's not supposed to set the world on fire…but I think you're kidding yourself if you think the Bills aren't a little disappointed in Ed Wang.

This could be nothing.

Or it could be analogous to when Aaron Maybin was practicing with the 3rd teamers in training camp.

We don't know right now.

Rinehart was a 3rd round pick of the Skins in 2008 and started 4 games for them last year, before getting injured. So while he was on the Bills' PS, it's not like he is a rookie. The Bills may be disappointed in Wang, but again, Brad Butler didn't do much his rookie year either, as he was recovering from injury and learning a new position(s).

Rinehart was a 3rd round pick of the Skins in 2008 and started 4 games for them last year, before getting injured. So while he was on the Bills' PS, it's not like he is a rookie. The Bills may be disappointed in Wang, but again, Brad Butler didn't do much his rookie year either, as he was recovering from injury and learning a new position(s).

So, Wang might be the next Brad Butler? Ouch. Butler was injured all the time and retired before his career got off the ground.