"You could be a Buffalo Bills fan"

BillsObserver

That guy (Mason) must have no clue how much fans of the Buffalo Bills love their team then. If fans in Baltimore are frustrated with a team that has a shot at the playoffs and winning a Super Bowl, imagine how fickle they will be when they suck. The owners will hijack the team and leave town...AGAIN!!! :lol::D:w00t::nana::bag:

You know, I love the Bills. I'm a fan.

AND I'm not happy with the team.

It's sort of like if your teenager is getting bad grades and comes home smelling of alcohol.

You love them AND you're not happy with them.

As someone (Nick Menolta?) said "I love this team....as much as you can love a 3 and 9 team"

Derrick Mason on fans being frustrated with the Ravens: "Stop being a pessimist. Be an optimist. Be happy, be content with where we are, You could be a Buffalo Bills fan."

Couldn't be more true. Wish we had something to BILLieve in here. Next season will be the truth. We'll see if they really want to compete for a championship or are they just gonna wallow with the Detroits and Carolinas of the NFL.

Derrick Mason on fans being frustrated with the Ravens: "Stop being a pessimist. Be an optimist. Be happy, be content with where we are, You could be a Buffalo Bills fan."

Just another clown with nothing original to say but exercising his right to free speech. Here we have Mason dictating to his customers on how to feel and act. Brilliant.

What happens to players when the become NFL WRs? Does that give them a special license to be controversial?

Funny thing is, there's a good percentage of fans here (myself included) that are happy with the Buffalo Bills.

Those aren't fans, or at least fans prior to the year 2000 anyway. Those are clueless people who are satisfied with being a losing joke of the NFL. So Mason had two teams to choose from for his statement, the Bills or the Lions, you can't say he is wrong with a straight face.

Edited by billsfreak

Sounds like he was telling the Ravens fans to be thankful they have a winning team rather than a team that consistently loses. I don't see how that is a shot at Bills fans or Buffalo.

Yeah, but why didn't he refer to Carolina or Cincinnati? Clearly, those teams are worse off than the Bills are right now. I guess the Buffalo Bills have created their own stigma of perpetual suckitude :sick: Perhaps we are doomed to be the punch line of every football joke until we make the playoffs a couple times.

Yeah, but why didn't he refer to Carolina or Cincinnati? Clearly, those teams are worse off than the Bills are right now. I guess the Buffalo Bills have created their own stigma of perpetual suckitude :sick: Perhaps we are doomed to be the punch line of every football joke until we make the playoffs a couple times.

Maybe because Cincy won their division last year and Carolina has been to a super bowl this decade. Meanwhile the Bills.have missed the playoffs for 11 years straight.

You make a good point.

The Texans and Bills are the only teams not to make the playoffs since 2000.

One is a relatively new expansion team the other is the worse run team in the NFL.

Edited by Why So Serious?

That's actually not quite the Mason quote. He said “We could be worse,” Mason said, per the Baltimore Sun. “We could be Buffalo or Cincinnati. We could be completely out of the playoffs right now. But we’re 9-4. You can’t satisfy everybody. Obviously we’d like to be going into this week undefeated just like everybody else in the NFL wants to be. But the reality is, it don’t happen that way. Some weeks you play well, and some weeks to skate by.”

That's actually not quite the Mason quote. He said “We could be worse,” Mason said, per the Baltimore Sun. “We could be Buffalo or Cincinnati. We could be completely out of the playoffs right now. But we’re 9-4. You can’t satisfy everybody. Obviously we’d like to be going into this week undefeated just like everybody else in the NFL wants to be. But the reality is, it don’t happen that way. Some weeks you play well, and some weeks to skate by.”

Followed by “I can understand the fans frustration, but they’ve got to look at the big picture,” Mason said. “Where are we? We’re 9-4 and if the playoffs happened right now, we’d be the fifth seed. Stop being a pessimist. Be an optimist. Be happy with where we are. Because honestly, it could be a lot worse.”

Sounds like he was telling the Ravens fans to be thankful they have a winning team rather than a team that consistently loses. I don't see how that is a shot at Bills fans or Buffalo.

Or consisently breaks their hearts, or is consistently unlucky. Remember what team Mason played for in 1999.