Colin Brown, new Bill

jumbalaya

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A shorter version of that scouting report would be:

"Looks like Tarzan- Plays like Jane"

or . . . P R O J E C T - - - Which is still an upgrade on some days . . .

Can't hurt to give a man-mountain a chance to grow into a contributor

The rooster Blockers? It's perfect actually. Not only is he a Colon…but his last name is Brown.

I wonder if the Bills are making personnel decisions on the offensive line based solely on the sexual connotations of the names.

It would be hard to argue against that theory.

Take it easy...

http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/brown_colin00.html

http://www.ufl-football.com/hartford-colonials/player-roster/brown-colin

uh . . . 6' 8" and 325 . . . and you want to make fun of his name? ? ? :blink: Only on the Worldwideinterwebnet ! ! ! :ph34r:

Edited by Sabre Bill

I'm not saying he'll make a big impact but you guys should at least give the guy a chance to prove himself. He got drafted, hurt his knee in the preseason and went on IR, and then was cut. Its not like a scouting report hasn't been wrong before.

That's one of those scouting reports that seems to boil down like this:

Pros: Terrific lineman

Cons: Terrible lineman.

Jason Peters scouting report was not exactly glowing when he came out of college either. The guy obviously has something you can't coach and that is size. If it's a one in five chance he will develop it is worth the risk.

Seeing as the year as far as going to the play offs is a lose i think Gailey & Nix are already focusing on next year . Bringing in players evaluating them with there own eyes as Gailey said in an interview .

The guy was a 5th rounder & look at what Moats is turning out to be so you can't discount the effort that Chan & company is trying to do with what they have left of the season . Which i believe with the injuries to the O line there looking for depth players , I think they feel they have there starters unless some one from this group unseats them .

I also think we will be drafting defense this year with our first pick which makes total sense !! That is where the biggest questions lie for the future , with Fitz & Stevie stepping up , Easley coming back & Fred doing his normal thing they will bring CJ along so they will be pretty much set as far as core players for the offense .

I give them a :thumbsup: for the season with all the scheme changes , and i know what you all are going to say i've heard that before . But next year will be much better with all returning off of IR plus the draft the Bills will be back!!!!!!!!!!

Did you ever consider the scouting report was written by someone who looked at 90 seconds of video of this guy? It wasn't written on stone tablets.

PTR

Did you ever consider Ozzie Newsome and Eric DeCosta probably put him on the PS and not the active roster for a reason?

Did you ever consider Ozzie Newsome and Eric DeCosta probably put him on the PS and not the active roster for a reason?

My thoughts exactly. If those 2 excellent football men didn't see any potential in this guy, they would've just outright cut him rather than placing him on a PS. Many time gems are found hidden amongst the rubble of practice squads.

I guess that's what you get when raiding other team's practice squads. They're there for a reason.

I love how you act as if every PS player is destined to be a bust. Now to prove that your entire theory (all players on a team's PS suck) is extremely idiotic and short sighted let me name some former practice squad players and or undrafted free agents (I mean if they were passed over by all 32 teams they gotta suck right?):

James Harrison - Undrafted out of college and spent 2 years on Pittsburgh's PS...Was cut 3 times by Pittsburgh and later signed by the Ravens who sent him to play for the Rhein Fire. He was cut at the end of the year and then signed again by the Pittsburgh Steelers....if only they had known that all PS players sucked they wouldn't have that crappy reigning NFL MVP on their roster.

Fred Jackson - Not sure if you heard of him, but after playing two years for the Sioux City Bandits and one year with the Rhein Fire he was signed to the Bills PS. Terrible signing...he sucks.

Jason Peters - Undrafted out of college. Was signed and cut by the Buffalo Bills and then added to PS.

Wes Weker - Undrafted out of college. Was signed and then cut by the San Diego Chargers. Garbage.

Jeff Saturday - Undrafted out of college. Was signed and then cut by the Baltimore Ravens. Picked up by the Indianapolis Colts...what idiots.

Tony Romo - Undrafted out of college and signed by the Dallas Cowboys.

Miles Austin - Undrafted out of college and signed by the Dallas Cowboys.

My thoughts exactly. If those 2 excellent football men didn't see any potential in this guy, they would've just outright cut him rather than placing him on a PS. Many time gems are found hidden amongst the rubble of practice squads.

As well all know only 1st round picks succeed in the NFL.

PTR

Sure. Maybe they don't know what they are doing?

PTR

I love how you act as if every PS player is destined to be a bust. Now to prove that your entire theory (all players on a team's PS suck) is extremely idiotic and short sighted let me name some former practice squad players and or undrafted free agents (I mean if they were passed over by all 32 teams they gotta suck right?):

James Harrison - Undrafted out of college and spent 2 years on Pittsburgh's PS...Was cut 3 times by Pittsburgh and later signed by the Ravens who sent him to play for the Rhein Fire. He was cut at the end of the year and then signed again by the Pittsburgh Steelers....if only they had known that all PS players sucked they wouldn't have that crappy reigning NFL MVP on their roster.

Fred Jackson - Not sure if you heard of him, but after playing two years for the Sioux City Bandits and one year with the Rhein Fire he was signed to the Bills PS. Terrible signing...he sucks.

Jason Peters - Undrafted out of college. Was signed and cut by the Buffalo Bills and then added to PS.

Wes Weker - Undrafted out of college. Was signed and then cut by the San Diego Chargers. Garbage.

Jeff Saturday - Undrafted out of college. Was signed and then cut by the Baltimore Ravens. Picked up by the Indianapolis Colts...what idiots.

Tony Romo - Undrafted out of college and signed by the Dallas Cowboys.

Miles Austin - Undrafted out of college and signed by the Dallas Cowboys.

What, no mention of Tim Tindale?

Did they have to sign someone named Colin, to go with the names we already have on the O-Line? By the time the season ends, our roster will be half made up of other teams' practice squad players. Doesn't bode well for the ability to win, when our roster is players that couldn't make other teams.

Well to play devils advocate I think they may have made the playoffs more than a few times...In the last 10 years.

Maybe, just maybe, they have a very excellent roster and their practice squad guys are unpolished players, that could one day make an impact?

Nah, it's easier to just say "Newsome not like him enough for roster, he sucks."