• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a total tool:

The Bills stink if they lose and now they stink if they win:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/jerry-sullivan/article282247.ece

I disagree ... Sully is right with this one. The Bills have been so bad for so long that we have become numb to it. I believe Gailey is a much better coach than Jauron and he gives me hope. However, the Bills have been terrible at drafting and Nix's first one was not stellar. While not likely I hope the Bills run the table the next three games. If they do then we will have much to look forward to next season.

It is Sully being Sully a total jackass. He fails to see that this team took 3 playoff bound teams to OT. If we are to win one more this year let it be the Pats

I would love to see Sully try to talk down a win over the Pats. He already has an excuse if we beat the Jets, they're a "team on the decline".

I disagree ... Sully is right with this one. The Bills have been so bad for so long that we have become numb to it. I believe Gailey is a much better coach than Jauron and he gives me hope. However, the Bills have been terrible at drafting and Nix's first one was not stellar. While not likely I hope the Bills run the table the next three games. If they do then we will have much to look forward to next season.

Whelp - He is not talking about those topics...he is pretty much talking about how the Bills are now screwng it up by winning....apparently they can't do that correctly either.

One could couch it something like: "The Bills are winning...and while they may cost them the top pick in the draft...it is refreshing to see the team starting to come together"

But no...it just "They are so stupid they are actually winning games"

Edited by baskin

He is a total tool:

The Bills stink if they lose and now they stink if they win:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/jerry-sullivan/article282247.ece

The best thing is, not 4 weeks ago when the Browns beat the Pats and the Saints he was talking about how good that team was and how it was no longer a winnable game for the Bills. So what, the Bills go and really put a physical whooping on the browns, and suddenly the browns are a bottom feeder? What, all because Colt McCoy didn't play? Does Jerry really think McCoy makes that big a difference in this game? Would Stafford had made that much of a difference in the Lions game? On the contrary - we lost to the Pats with Cassel at QB just as bad as we did with Brady.

JS needs to realize that maybe, jusssst maybe, he is putting way more emphasis on QB than he ought. I actually go with the guy in the football business on this, Coach Gailey - a lot of QBs like fitz have played in the super bowl .... in the 90s and 00s - Aikman, Rypien, Hostetler dilfer, brad johnson, O'Donnell, Gannon, Chandler, etc. I'm not saying Fitz is as good as any of those guys but he certainly could be. You know, I think Jerry and WGR are in cahoots - all they can do is talk about a different QB. what' their deal?

Edited by rpcolosi

Hey Jerry, what do the three "bottom feeders" have in common? Each of them fell so far they were able to draft a "can't miss franchise QB" at least once in the past decade. (The Lions and Browns have done it twice!)

An insightful analyst might notice that, and consider whether it is necessarily such a good thing to prefer losing in order to draft higher.

<_<

I just wish he wasn't a Scrooge so much. He can say that we're happy the Bills won and temper it with how they didn't exactly beat the 1985 Bears, but he didn't need to beat to death how it's nothing to be excited about because they didn't beat an elite team.

I wonder what he would have said had they beaten the Ravens and/or the Steelers in OT...probably some excuse that the opposition had too bad of a day.

Couple of things:

1) Drafting high doesn't guarantee improvement. The Lions pick high ever year and they still stink.

2) The Bills problems aren't caused by drafting #9-11 ever year. It's the dummies making the picks.

3) How about giving Nix the benefit of a year our two before declaring the draft a bust? I also love how we focus on Spiller not being a pro bowler in year one but totally ignore players like Moats, David Nelson and Donald Jones.

As for Sully he changes his mind like a weather vane. His opinion is worthless.

PTR

"Dark decade", blah. "Decade of suck" is much better.

He isn't wrong though. Delhome was more freaking terrible than normal yesterday and they fumbled what, 5 or 6 times?

There were good things yesterday, like not fumbling much and playing within themselves given the weather. But Fitz threw what would have been a couple pick-6 against a good team. And aside from one very nice long TD drive, didn't do much consistently. The only one ripping off good long runs for either team was Fitz.

Only thing worse than winning a game played that poorly is losing a game played that poorly.

But a win is a win.

Edited by CodeMonkey

A

"Dark decade", blah. "Decade of suck" is much better.

He isn't wrong though. Delhome was more freaking terrible than normal yesterday and they fumbled what, 5 or 6 times?

There were good things yesterday, like not fumbling much and playing within themselves given the weather. But Fitz threw what would have been a couple pick-6 against a good team. And aside from one very nice long TD drive, didn't do much consistently.

Only thing worse than winning a game played that poorly is losing a game played that poorly.

But a win is a win.

The first step is beating the teams you are supposed to beat. How soon we forget that the Bills were supposed to be the worst team in the NFL.

PTR

Hey Jerry, what do the three "bottom feeders" have in common? Each of them fell so far they were able to draft a "can't miss franchise QB" at least once in the past decade. (The Lions and Browns have done it twice!)

An insightful analyst might notice that, and consider whether it is necessarily such a good thing to prefer losing in order to draft higher.

<_<

Hmmm. An insightful reader might also say that you are slamming the Bills for drafting like **** and you don't have confidence in Nix as a GM. :flirt:

A

The first step is beating the teams you are supposed to beat. How soon we forget that the Bills were supposed to be the worst team in the NFL.

PTR

Correct. But Sully did also say that the Bills are overachieving.

That's his shtick. You should know that by now, and the fact that you guys are quoting whiney-ass-punk's column means you actually read his crap.

I try to avoid even looking at the Buffalo Snooze sports page these days, for fear that the ugly rendering of stupid's likeness right above his column will make me puke.

6 and 10 baby!!! :thumbsup:

A great GO BILLSSS Monday to all!!!!

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam!!!!! 0:)

Edited by The Senator

It is Sully being Sully a total jackass. He fails to see that this team took 3 playoff bound teams to OT. If we are to win one more this year let it be the Pats

I thought Sully had it right this time. Next season will look just like this season unless we a Julius Peppers or three on this team. You will be 8 - 8 Forever unless you have some real stars.

the "oppression of the holidays" line was a bit over the top....he really must be a miserable sod (simplify, jerry!). but i couldn't help but think that the minuses of winning this almost meaningless game outweighed the positives.

Edited by birdog1960