Tanking the rest of the season is a good idea

Tolstoy

I have always been a "win now and don't worry about the draft" kind of guy. I have always believed that a team benefits itself more by digging deep within and finding a way to win, than getting (and squandering) high draft picks year after year. Winning builds a whole team, and enables all of its young players to develop their potential, while losing creates a sink-hole in which the greatest talent becomes worthless.

Until now.

I have watched some of Luck's games, and read the scouting reports. This kid is for real. The Bill's need to get this guy. In retrospect, are a couple of measly victories worth watching this kid lead another team to victory over the next decade???? I cannot believe that Carolina will beat us out on this one. The universe cannot be that unjust. Perhaps the lockout will alter the draft (or Luck won't come out). I will quit watching football if Carolina drafts Luck. I will devote myself full-time to soccer, which is a better game anyhow.

Go ahead and rag on me. Fools! If the Bills lose luck, there is no God, there is no meaning to life, and when you die, there is nothing good to look forward to. The world is just governed by random chance, and there is no justice. I will have seen it, but the rest of you lemmings will be still following the losing Bill's franchise off of the cliff, ten years later--claiming "loyalty" to your team, and to "American football."

I have always been a "win now and don't worry about the draft" kind of guy. I have always believed that a team benefits itself more by digging deep within and finding a way to win, than getting (and squandering) high draft picks year after year. Winning builds a whole team, and enables all of its young players to develop their potential, while losing creates a sink-hole in which the greatest talent becomes worthless.

Until now.

I have watched some of Luck's games, and read the scouting reports. This kid is for real. The Bill's need to get this guy. In retrospect, are a couple of measly victories worth watching this kid lead another team to victory over the next decade???? I cannot believe that Carolina will beat us out on this one. The universe cannot be that unjust. Perhaps the lockout will alter the draft (or Luck won't come out). I will quit watching football if Carolina drafts Luck. I will devote myself full-time to soccer, which is a better game anyhow.

Go ahead and rag on me. Fools! If the Bills lose luck, there is no God, there is no meaning to life, and when you die, there is nothing good to look forward to. The world is just governed by random chance, and there is no justice. I will have seen it, but the rest of you lemmings will be still following the losing Bill's franchise off of the cliff, ten years later--claiming "loyalty" to your team, and to "American football."

It's just a game man...

Until now.

I completely agree about the value of Luck. Bills fans have suffered enough already, without the added punishment of watching Luck go to some other team, just because we won meaningless games against the Bengals and Lions.

Until now.

First off soccer sucks and will never compare to "AMERICAN FOOTBALL" .Secondly Luck is awesome but it will not be the end of the world or God or the Bills if we don't get him. He may not even com out this year so relax, if we can we will take him if not we will get the best OL, DL or OLB.

And in case you missed it soccer sucks!!!!!!!! :wallbash:

Go ahead and rag on me. Fools! If the Bills lose luck, there is no God, there is no meaning to life, and when you die, there is nothing good to look forward to. The world is just governed by random chance, and there is no justice. I will have seen it, but the rest of you lemmings will be still following the losing Bill's franchise off of the cliff, ten years later--claiming "loyalty" to your team, and to "American football.

Common sense right there

Cam Newton will still be available. I like him.

They only part of this post I disagree with is that soccer is a better game than football. Soccer sucks. Boring and stupid.

Until now.

It also makes me feel sad to think that this travesty of a season will bear no fruit and we will again miss out on a superstar QB. So close to turning everything around and being relevant for 10 or 15 years, but instead we will pick some big fat guy that'll probably make us marginally better in a boring way. Oh well. Life isn't fair.

Common sense right there

Cam Newton will still be available. I like him.

On the field, yes. The guy seems like a mobile Ben Roethlisberger. I like his poise and his mobility.

Off the field, I'd be nervous. I don't necessarily believe how he had nothing to do with the pay-for-play scandal and I wouldn't trust him to be a leader just yet. I'd have a feeling he'd turn into another Vince Young pretty quickly.

Until now.

I read this as being the sarcastic rant I believe it was intended to be.

I seem to remember people suggesting that the Texans lose out in 2005 so they could draft Reggie Bush. As it turns out, not only did they not even draft him, but Bush has been a mediocre player who's had the good fortune of playing for the same offense as Drew Brees.