New 4-Rounder at DraftTek

Astrobot

Take Quinn if we can't get Amukamara. Take them over Luck and over any DE or DT. I do not see any of them contributing as much as Quinn or Amukamara would instantly. To get Mock and use him on special teams like Pike?

If we draft Ponder, well, why? To be 3rd string? Do we cut Brohm or Brown?

WE DON'T NEED TO DRAFT NO FRIGGIN QUARTER BACK !!!!!!!!

Like the Dareus and Cannon picks. Cannon is an absolute beast, and would add some nastiness to the right side of that line. I would rather have Dontay Moch in round 3. I hate the Christian Ponder pick...I don't see him as being a starting QB in the NFL.

Agree 100%. In this mock Moch is the pick in the 3rd. Let some other team ponder if Ponder is an NFL quality QB.

The latest mock draft with our new positional needs came out, and even though we're now picking FIFTH I'd like the picks the computer gave us. As per Stadium Wall's recommendation, I lowered QB to P2 so that the computer gave us BPA between QB, RT, LT, DE, NT, and OLB. I think you'll like the result.

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp - Let me know what you think of my commentary on the first 2 picks.

John DiTullio at WHTK in Rochester and D&C columnist Sal Maiorana were just saying that to get better faster, draft the defensive lineman first, the O-lineman second. Love the first 2 choices.

Astro

I like the picks too, I just don't want us to reach for need in the first round and it doesn't seem like we did. And I hope Nix sticks with the same plan as he had last year, which seemed to me BPA in the first and BPA at a need position the rest of the way.

The only thing I'll say is in this draft scenario I hope we get someone who can really rush the passer at ANY lb spot, preferably at least two spots. Our run defense was pretty bad, although we have the most attempts against but at least we don't have the worst yards per attempt. I don't know where to lay the blame for the run d, dl or lb or both. I lean more toward the lbs because they seem to have miles to go. Nix has invested a 2 and 3 in the DL so far, so I don't see another DE/DT being taken after the first unless he's some type of small school 3-4 NT in the 4th round or later. I did want to point this out, year to date Buf has 5 sacks from their lb's, Pit has 26.5 from theirs.

Now if we're going to play a hybrid 3-4/4-3 d or whatever to cover the lack of pass rush talent at lb maybe it can work without getting a top notch lb, but I don't see how. So I think/hope with this draft above we can get one FA lb that will help us rush the passer and/or be able to cover a TE and that player doesn't include Merriman. If Merriman resigns and can play that would be a bonus, and I think we have plenty of room on the roster for him. There's probably a 1% chance of that happening.

We should be picking 4th, Arizona has 3 wins. Please no late round QBs especially Ponder :wallbash: , Unless it is Luck NO QBs :angry: .

After winning our final four games, we'll be picking somewhere mid-round. Regarding late-round QBs, Wisconsin's Scott Tolzien would be a great pick - certainly would have no issues with Buffalo's weather...

Tolzien led Wisconsin to its first Big Ten title and its first Rose Bowl appearance in 11 years. While Wisconsin's running backs and offensive linemen get most of the attention, Tolzien's pocket presence took the Badgers' offense to another level this fall.

He led the nation in completion percentage (74.3) and ranked fourth nationally in quarterback rating (169.8). Tolzien holds team records for career completion percentage (68.5) and career pass efficiency (154.4).

(Link - Badgers' Scott Tolzien wins Unitas Award)

(Unless you want to stick with Levi Brown as our 'developmental' QB; also realize that Brohm is an RFA after this season, and Fitz is a FA in 2012.)

Edited by The Senator

I like the picks too, I just don't want us to reach for need in the first round and it doesn't seem like we did. And I hope Nix sticks with the same plan as he had last year, which seemed to me BPA in the first and BPA at a need position the rest of the way.

The only thing I'll say is in this draft scenario I hope we get someone who can really rush the passer at ANY lb spot, preferably at least two spots. Our run defense was pretty bad, although we have the most attempts against but at least we don't have the worst yards per attempt. I don't know where to lay the blame for the run d, dl or lb or both. I lean more toward the lbs because they seem to have miles to go. Nix has invested a 2 and 3 in the DL so far, so I don't see another DE/DT being taken after the first unless he's some type of small school 3-4 NT in the 4th round or later. I did want to point this out, year to date Buf has 5 sacks from their lb's, Pit has 26.5 from theirs.

Now if we're going to play a hybrid 3-4/4-3 d or whatever to cover the lack of pass rush talent at lb maybe it can work without getting a top notch lb, but I don't see how. So I think/hope with this draft above we can get one FA lb that will help us rush the passer and/or be able to cover a TE and that player doesn't include Merriman. If Merriman resigns and can play that would be a bonus, and I think we have plenty of room on the roster for him. There's probably a 1% chance of that happening.

I'm actually hoping he will resign and get on with our rebuilding! He could really contribute! Imo I think he just needs a fresh start!