New 4-Rounder at DraftTek

Astrobot

The latest mock draft with our new positional needs came out, and even though we're now picking FIFTH I'd like the picks the computer gave us. As per Stadium Wall's recommendation, I lowered QB to P2 so that the computer gave us BPA between QB, RT, LT, DE, NT, and OLB. I think you'll like the result.

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp - Let me know what you think of my commentary on the first 2 picks.

John DiTullio at WHTK in Rochester and D&C columnist Sal Maiorana were just saying that to get better faster, draft the defensive lineman first, the O-lineman second. Love the first 2 choices.

Astro

Personally, there is absolutely NO WAY I'd pass on Da'Quan Bowers in that mock! Additionally, I would solve the ORT quandry in free agency, and grab the most pass rush ready OLB in the second round, and that would be Jeremy Beal, who inexplicably slides to #64 in your draft.

Personally, there is absolutely NO WAY I'd pass on Da'Quan Bowers in that mock! Additionally, I would solve the ORT quandry in free agency, and grab the most pass rush ready OLB in the second round, and that would be Jeremy Beal, who inexplicably slides to #64 in your draft.

We'll have the Bowers vs. Dareus argument again and again before draft day. If we switch to 4-3, I agree with you--you go with Bowers, but Dareus fits our current system better. Read my comment on DraftTek; that's what I said. I would jump up and down if we drafted either, but I see Dareus stepping right in and contributing from Play 1. Jeremy Beal is a decent right defensive end who will likely go higher than #64 after the combine. In one game I watched, Beal jumped over a RB for a sack, forced an INT had 2 TFL's, and yet was outplayed by Travis Lewis, the "other" Bama DE.

not bad.

can i just reiterate how much i hate the Pats*?!?! WTF!!! They end up with Sherrod (OT), Bailey (DE), Floyd (WR), and Beal (OLB) from just the first 2 rounds!! :wallbash: :wallbash:

I agree. Friggin' Pats*. I think Bailey is the misfire there, but we could stop the Cheatriots from drafting the top LT. I'd still take Dareus/Bowers, though. What do you think are the chances that Michael Floyd declares for this draft? Around 11:00 this morning, Floyd asked the NFL Advisory Board to assess his draft position. They will likely tell him 2nd round, or late first due to injury history and a stacked Top 50 as far as WR's go.

I agree. Friggin' Pats*. I think Bailey is the misfire there, but we could stop the Cheatriots from drafting the top LT. I'd still take Dareus/Bowers, though. What do you think are the chances that Michael Floyd declares for this draft? Around 11:00 this morning, Floyd asked the NFL Advisory Board to assess his draft position. They will likely tell him 2nd round, or late first due to injury history and a stacked Top 50 as far as WR's go.

Hate em all you want but that team is built to succeed for another couple years. That defense is freakin crazy young and will only get better. They'll be a top 10 defense in another year or 2.

Denver has Moreno - why on Earth would they draft Ingram?

Our Denver analyst Scott Nelson agrees with you. Here's his comment:

"There is no denying that Ingram is awesome, but Denver has solid RB's and stronger needs elsewhere. Will adjust the Broncos team needs so that RB is de-emphasized next time out. Given who is available, I would heavily gravitate to Adrian Clayborn with this selection as a DE34. And it goes without saying that if either of the stud CBs (Amukamara/Peterson) or DT Nick Fairley were still on the board I would be on the stage on draft day in considerably less time than the allotted 10 minutes. About 9:58 less."

Take Quinn if we can't get Amukamara. Take them over Luck and over any DE or DT. I do not see any of them contributing as much as Quinn or Amukamara would instantly. To get Mock and use him on special teams like Pike?

If we draft Ponder, well, why? To be 3rd string? Do we cut Brohm or Brown?

Take Quinn if we can't get Amukamara. Take them over Luck and over any DE or DT. I do not see any of them contributing as much as Quinn or Amukamara would instantly. To get Mock and use him on special teams like Pike?

If we draft Ponder, well, why? To be 3rd string? Do we cut Brohm or Brown?

I won't touch the CB comment. Others will. :wallbash:

Dontay Moch is one of my favorite 10 players in the draft.

Do we need a QB if we draft him later than RD2? I say no.

Ponder

CAREER STATS

YARDS TOUCHDOWNS

6,866 49

Brown

YARDS TOUCHDOWNS

6,968 43

Brohm

YARDS TOUCHDOWNS

10,775 70

A lot of people here are looking at our CB's as a part of the problem with the defense. I am one of them. Our CB's are not weak but the improvement Amukamara would make is nice. He is big enough to take on Marshall, Edwards, Holmes, Tate, and Welker. Our entire draft should focus on defense. A RT can be found in FA.

Ponder

CAREER STATS

YARDS TOUCHDOWNS

6,866 49

Brown

YARDS TOUCHDOWNS

6,968 43

Brohm

YARDS TOUCHDOWNS

10,775 70

We know what Brohm and Brown can do, for better or worse, because they have a year in tenure for the organization. I do not know why we get another QB to throw in that mix even when his upside could potentially be better we have money tied up in Brown and Brohm.

Ponder

CAREER STATS

YARDS TOUCHDOWNS

6,866 49

Brown

YARDS TOUCHDOWNS

6,968 43

Brohm

YARDS TOUCHDOWNS

10,775 70

Ditto, Astro - I've been talking-up Moch since mid-Oct...

Senator - 10/16/2010

I think his stock has risen, and we'd probably have to grab him in round 2. (Then grab Wisconsin TE Lance Kendricks in round 3.)

Everyone knows I want Carimi in round one, despite the whole ' reach ' thing. Now that I'm thinking about the later rounds, hell, why not load up on Wisconsin guys and take QB Scott Tolzien in round 6, and (this will go over like a fart in church) Nebraska placekicker Alex Henery in round 5?

(We KNOW these guys can play in cold weather!)

Edited by The Senator

Denver has Moreno - why on Earth would they draft Ingram?

Buffalo has Lynch and Jacksons - why on Earth would they draft Spiller?

Astro - You have Marvin Austin going at 75 with a 10 point reach. Do you really see him sliding that far? I knew he would slide but he is a late 1st rounder without suspension. He would be a great addition in 2 or 3.

Edited by Thoner7

Buffalo has Lynch and Jacksons - why on Earth would they draft Spiller?

Astro - You have Marvin Austin going at 75 with a 10 point reach. Do you really see him sliding that far? I knew he would slide but he is a late 1st rounder without suspension. He would be a great addition in 2 or 3.

Marvin Austin is a year late. He def would have been RD1 last year. I see him as similar to Kyle Williams--I would keep Austin on your list even though he'll likely go to a pure 4-3 team.

Marvin Austin is a year late. He def would have been RD1 last year. I see him as similar to Kyle Williams--I would keep Austin on your list even though he'll likely go to a pure 4-3 team.

I doubt he falls that far though, when Quinn is still going top 10. I also dont think 34 team will rule him out. Good players are good players and a team like the Cards or Cowboys would like his shooting style.

I am also hoping to fix right tackle through free agency , clary or colon.

I wouls skip ponder and just go d with first 5 picks

would love to see upshaw fall to us in third

based on who would be available

1 dareus de

2 watt de

3 moch olb

4 curtis brown cb

4 josh brynes ilb

def taking a couple of tight ends late

we get to do this for 4 more months