I knew we were screwed when Favre got knocked out

Part of my optimism going into this game was feeling that Favre would be a liability to Minnesota. But when he got knocked out and Travares Jackson came in I knew we'd be in for a long day. Partly because every backup the Bills have faced the last few years always seems to have a career day. Everyone thought the Vikes would run but TJ just kept throwing at Leodis and made us pay. We weren't going to win anyway against that D but I felt the Favre injury was a bad omen.

PTR

Part of my optimism going into this game was feeling that Favre would be a liability to Minnesota. But when he got knocked out and Travares Jackson came in I knew we'd be in for a long day. Partly because every backup the Bills have faced the last few years always seems to have a career day. Everyone thought the Vikes would run but TJ just kept throwing at Leodis and made us pay. We weren't going to win anyway against that D but I felt the Favre injury was a bad omen.

PTR

You knew that Jackson was going to go off on us?

Wow, that's pretty good.

You knew that Jackson was going to go off on us?

Wow, that's pretty good.

Only that the Bills historically get burned by backups. Plus Jackson is a good QB and someone most of his team probably wanted playing over Favre

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

PTR

Favre or the lack there of had no bearing on the Bills offensive turnovers, poor CB play, not using challenges, not being able to run the ball and stop the run and to top it off horrible officiating.

Note I refer to Favre being knocked out as an omen, not an actual reason we lost.

PTR

Oh -- that makes everything perfectly clear -- like an azure sky.

Personally, I think that facing a team with a higher level of talent is an omen, too.

I also think that knocking the opponent's starting QB out of the game on their third offensive play is an omen too.

And I'm sure that the Houston Oilers thought it was an "omen" when they faced Frank Reich on the day they endured the greatest comeback in playoff history.

I watched the game with some friends and someone said the same thing as Promo. At the time I thought "But it's... T JACKSON.. HE SUCKS" and then when Florence picked him off for 6, I felt like it was going to be a good day. But he was right. The Vikings stepped their game up. Elusive QBs give the Bills a tough time.

With Favre in there, you know he wasn't going to scramble for a few first downs like T Jackson did. Props to Sidney Rice who flat out MADE plays when there wasn't one to be made. Dude is a heck of a receiver.

Leodis McKelvin screwing the momentum up big time in the first half didn't help either. Neither did losing half of our offensive line.

PTR

Theyre a better team with Jackson, and would have a better record and still be in the hunt if he had started all season. But it still shouldn't be the kiss of death for the Bills. Face it, we stunk. We're 2 & 9 going into it ... you're only as good as your record says you are.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I watched the game with some friends and someone said the same thing as Promo. At the time I thought "But it's... T JACKSON.. HE SUCKS" and then when Florence picked him off for 6, I felt like it was going to be a good day. But he was right. The Vikings stepped their game up. Elusive QBs give the Bills a tough time.

With Favre in there, you know he wasn't going to scramble for a few first downs like T Jackson did. Props to Sidney Rice who flat out MADE plays when there wasn't one to be made. Dude is a heck of a receiver.

Leodis McKelvin screwing the momentum up big time in the first half didn't help either. Neither did losing half of our offensive line.

This is what Sidney Rice does. He is a Plaxico Burress type receiver and a huge difference maker for the Vikings. I will try to find my post this week but mentioned that McKelvin wouldn't be able to handle him one on one even coming off injury. The single biggest injury to a NFL team this year. He changes their whole offense and IMO this season would have played out much different for the Vikings and they would be a playoff team.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever