O-line and Linebackers, Future of the Bills

The 2 biggest needs on the team right now. Although i believe the o-line is getting better, we desperately need a RT.

Cant say the same thing about the LB's though. Moats looks like he may be someone to work with in the future,a and Poz. Buddy really needs to get some talented LB's this offseason, be it via draft or Free agency.

Anyway, Fitz has showed that when he has time, we move the ball, and very well. It also helps our run game when the guys are blocking out there for Jackson and CJ.

These two positions are the reason the Buffalo Bills are 2-10 and not 7-5. Don't tell me this thing cant be fixed in one offseason- because i know it can. The question is whether Buddy and the FO want to step up and make something happen with this franchise. Don't give me this 3-year rebuild bull ****. We have been waiting 11 years already god dammit! There is talent on this team, and some good young upcoming players. If the 08 Dolphins can do it, the Rams and Bucs of this year can do it, i am 1000% sure WE can do it!

Thoughts?

The 2 biggest needs on the team right now. Although i believe the o-line is getting better, we desperately need a RT.

Cant say the same thing about the LB's though. Moats looks like he may be someone to work with in the future,a and Poz. Buddy really needs to get some talented LB's this offseason, be it via draft or Free agency.

Anyway, Fitz has showed that when he has time, we move the ball, and very well. It also helps our run game when the guys are blocking out there for Jackson and CJ.

These two positions are the reason the Buffalo Bills are 2-10 and not 7-5. Don't tell me this thing cant be fixed in one offseason- because i know it can. The question is whether Buddy and the FO want to step up and make something happen with this franchise. Don't give me this 3-year rebuild bull ****. We have been waiting 11 years already god dammit! There is talent on this team, and some good young upcoming players. If the 08 Dolphins can do it, the Rams and Bucs of this year can do it, i am 1000% sure WE can do it!

Thoughts?

In Gailey's press conference, he mentioned the Vikings pass rush as a problem, plus he said he learned something about his team today. IMO, I think Gailey realized that he needs to upgrade the O-line in the offseason (LT & RT). While Bell has played decently this year (especially coming off of knee surgery), he got beat up by an elite pass rusher in Jared Allen today. Maybe Gailey is starting to realize that he needs elite players on the O-line to give his QB time to make plays.

In Gailey's press conference, he mentioned the Vikings pass rush as a problem, plus he said he learned something about his team today. IMO, I think Gailey realized that he needs to upgrade the O-line in the offseason (LT & RT). While Bell has played decently this year (especially coming off of knee surgery), he got beat up by an elite pass rusher in Jared Allen today. Maybe Gailey is starting to realize that he needs elite players on the O-line to give his QB time to make plays.

But Bell has been pretty solid overall this season, and he's only going to get better. I think RT is the biggest problem on this line.

Problem is I don't see a LB or a OL worthy of being picked as high as we will be picking...

If not LB then we could go DE or DT too. We need to address the front 7 and find some playmakers.

OT and TE also need attention.

I would not mind trading down and getting more picks, adding another 2 and 3 would be awesome.

Edited by Bob in STL

We keep saying he's gonna be good. If he was, he wouldn't have gotten schooled today. He's as good as he's gonna get.... barely adequate.

You can't see or spell the Truth apparently. Bell was no doubt bad today but any LT gives up one or 2 against JA. The timing of his breakdowns was very bad, to me this game was lost due to his play and McKelvins.

We keep saying he's gonna be good. If he was, he wouldn't have gotten schooled today. He's as good as he's gonna get.... barely adequate.

Watching tonight's game by any chance?

Oher has had 2 false start penalties with Harrison lined up against him and Flacco's been sacked twice. I guess Oher's a bust as well.

And BTW, Hines Ward dropped an easy 3rd down pass that hit him in the chest to end the Steelers drive late in the 2nd quarter. I guess bad drops happen to everyone as well.

My point being that bad games happen to all players all the time. It's funny how Bell and the line can play pretty good ball for 5 or 6 weeks, looking as though they're improving a little each week. Then, they have one bad game and suddenly they completely suck and its like all the decent play never happened. You can't expect perfection every week.

Great point. Ignore every other game and point to one bad game in a blowout loss. Besides, that Allen guy is a scrub and I'm sure the crowd noise and the Bills being one dimensional doesn't help at all.

Great post. :thumbsup:

Exactly! I mean seriously, who is that Jared Allen guy? How can you get burned by a scrub like that? I bet Allen isn't even in the league next year too. Such a joke.

Oher has had 2 false start penalties with Harrison lined up against him and Flacco's been sacked twice. I guess Oher's a bust as well.

And BTW, Hines Ward dropped an easy 3rd down pass that hit him in the chest to end the Steelers drive late in the 2nd quarter. I guess bad drops happen to everyone as well.

My point being that bad games happen to all players all the time. It's funny how Bell and the line can play pretty good ball for 5 or 6 weeks, looking as though they're improving a little each week. Then, they have one bad game and suddenly they completely suck and its like all the decent play never happened. You can't expect perfection every week.

Thank you... I now have to clean Pepsi off my monitor! :w00t: Welcome to Buffalo, land of depression and the need for constant change.

Edited by shoveldog

+1

Funny I was watching the Indy game and I saw Reggie Wayne drop a pass that hit him right in the numbers.

But Bell has been pretty solid overall this season, and he's only going to get better. I think RT is the biggest problem on this line.

Yeah, he hasn't given up a sack, which by some means something........that stat is garbage. Poz is really good 15 yards downfield. Where is Roscoe Parrish?

Not LB, defensive LINE. When you have a good to great defensive line linebackers are a dime a dozen. When you have a ragtag group on the line the linebackers start to look like scrubs. I'm not saying the Bills have enough talent at linebacker, but with an improvement in the defensive line it becomes an easier hole to fill.