Did anyone just see that BOMB from Cam Newton?

The Big Cat

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching Newton play reminds me of a player controlled QB vs the CPU in EA Sports NCAA football series

A year and a half watching Fitz and learning from Chan (assuming he's willing and able to do so), he could be a serious NFL QB under Chan.

Again I cite the Chan Gailey feature that highlighted his preference for mobile quarterbacks.

You guys need to put down the crack pipe if you think Newton is ready to be an NFL QB. That BOMB was tipped before it was completed, otherwise...it was just like any other Hail Mary pass ever thrown. Chuck it 50 yards and pray. Wow, I sure am impressed he can make that throw. :wallbash::rolleyes:

You guys need to put down the crack pipe if you think Newton is ready to be an NFL QB. That BOMB was tipped before it was completed, otherwise...it was just like any other Hail Mary pass ever thrown. Chuck it 50 yards and pray. Wow, I sure am impressed he can make that throw. :wallbash::rolleyes:

It traveled 60 yards and didn't have a ton of air under it. The outcome a thing of luck, yes. But to see that kind of arm strength AND to see some of the accurate timing passes he's made in this game (see: his last TD), I'm pretty impressed. Oh yeah, have you seen him run?

If he's not ready then nobody is. If his throwing doesn't impress you then you don't watch.

Edited by scoring is not hardy

The "Cammy Cam Juice" is brilliant. He can market that next year to a beverage company and make millions. This dude has the swagger of Mike Vick in his younger career...which is not good.

I was like "CHING-CHING" as soon as I seen that, After he gets drafted Gatorade will come a knocking... Im glad im not the only one seen the amount of money thats going to change hands over joking around...

Sorry. After that game I am all in. This guy is really good.

Separately however?, I must add, this puts him over the hump. He is now officially ahead of Luck and Fitzgibbons in my book.

We have to have Cam Newton!

If the Bills F.O. doesn't immediately issue an edict to lose every remaining game and ensure that we will be in a position to use our 1st-round pick on soon-to-be Superbowl MVP and HOF QB Cam Newton, I'm turning in my fan card.

After that pass, who can deny that Cam Newton is better than Sid Luckman, Sammy Baugh, Otto Graham, Bart Starr, Johnny Unitas, Joe Namath, Joe Montana, and Jim Kelly - all combined!!!!

Gimme a break with people coming down on him for taking money. the NCAA is the biggest crock of an organization going. If a player can get paid on the side while his academic school is making millions of his games and jersey sales, more power to them. This would haze ZERO influence on how I view that player.

Newton is as dominant of a college player as I have ever seen. All in the best conference in football. I don't know how he will translate to the pros, but I'd really worry about passing on a guy this talented.