Wikileaks under major attack

DrDawkinstein

So is everyone who is scared of the truth Wikileaks.

It is hilarious watching this unfold, watching the attack happen.

PAYPAL is also down.

Would it be hilarious if I refused to sell your beef in my restaurant and told others to do the same? Childish ****.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be hilarious if I refused to sell your beef in my restaurant and told others to do the same? Childish ****.

If your customers were upset that you didn't carry my beef and stopped entering your restaurant because of it is a better example. The problem is the US Gov is pressuring these sites to stop funding WikiLeaks, the idea is to cut them off from all the money, even their own. It will backfire.

The point is not childish, the point is to fight censorship.

PayPal releases funds to Wikilinks, caves to pressure

Edited by jboyst62

This is one of the initial major battles in the governments of the world attempt to keep their dirty tricks and power politics secret in the information age. Even if they win this battle, they will lose the longer term war. The trend is clear.

Also find the irony amusing that the faux-news crowd, who wreckon themselves as champions of small government and Clinton-haters, are leading the charge to have Hilary's State Department Emails and memos kept secret ... :doh:

Who really cares if more unseen brown people die? This is all about exposing the evils of the corrupt US government. This is like you know, really cool revolutionary stuff that's going on. Don't bother us with all this grown up talk. Anyway, mom will be by tomorrow to clean up the basement and leave a fresh stack of Hotpockets.

What an awesome world we live in.

If your customers were upset that you didn't carry my beef and stopped entering your restaurant because of it is a better example. The problem is the US Gov is pressuring these sites to stop funding WikiLeaks, the idea is to cut them off from all the money, even their own. It will backfire.

The point is not childish, the point is to fight censorship.

PayPal releases funds to Wikilinks, caves to pressure

No it's more like me fire bombing my customer's other favorite restaurants in retaliation for boycotting my restaurant because I was serving your beef that I bought from someone that I knew stole it from you.

you gotta wonder what kind of security we have. I think that's the big problem There are a hundred Assange's out there and maybe more, let alone the more dangerous folk who are employed by adversaries and terrorists. State, Defense and other agencies had better get their act together and worry less about closing the barn door AFTER the horses are out. It's like 9/11. No one was fired no one was accountable, and no one stepped up and took responsibility for the obvious failures in intelligence and security.

you gotta wonder what kind of security we have. I think that's the big problem There are a hundred Assange's out there and maybe more, let alone the more dangerous folk who are employed by adversaries and terrorists. State, Defense and other agencies had better get their act together and worry less about closing the barn door AFTER the horses are out. It's like 9/11. No one was fired no one was accountable, and no one stepped up and took responsibility for the obvious failures in intelligence and security.

I'm not so sure it was failed security. The government could hire the best and brightest to provide the security but there will always be someone out there that is better and brighter that can eventually "break the code." Welcome to the brave new world.

it is not breaking the code, its sharing information on a need to know basis. When PFC's of any sort have access to such cables, and are able to download quantities of information undetected as they apparently have done there is a major malfunction in the government that isn't all that hard to correct.

it is not breaking the code, its sharing information on a need to know basis. When PFC's of any sort have access to such cables, and are able to download quantities of information undetected as they apparently have done there is a major malfunction in the government that isn't all that hard to correct.

That's a different situation. I'm more concerned about people from outside being able to hack into the classified informantion and never having to set foot inside this country let alone the building where that information is stored.

Whether you want to call it "security" or not, security failed. There is no way that should have been so easily accessible by the private or anyone for that matter. No doubt, security needs to be revamped.

And how about SOMEBODY NEEDS TO BE FIRED!

Not just the thief. Colossal breakdown in national security = no one loses their job. Same thing happened with Iraq intel. Massive intel failures lead us to war and no one gets fired for it.

Current death toll attributed to Wikileaks posting classified information: 0

Current death toll attributed to these major Governments' wars (which were due to their own greed and ambition) over only the past 100 years: roughly 116,000,000

Who are the terrorists against the people?

It's hilarious to read this liberal "the people have the right to know" and "no more secret government's" BS when I recall their outrage over Valerie Wilson being outed.

Oh right that leak came from the Bush administration. Hang the bastards for treason!

Is there any logical discrepancy with wanting the Plame leaker and the WikiLeaker leaker prosecuted (on legal grounds), and at the same time believing the press is free to use whatever they have. (on 1st Amendment principles).

I don't see a problem with this stance.

Is there any logical discrepancy with wanting the Plame leaker and the WikiLeaker leaker prosecuted (on legal grounds), and at the same time believing the press is free to use whatever they have. (on 1st Amendment principles).

I don't see a problem with this stance.

Because there isn't any problem with that stance.