Polamalu's pick

racecitybills

I hate to dredge up useless material but alas I will-

Besides the phantom reviews, the no-call interference(s) all day, the illegal contact on Marshawn, all on top of the free field goal given to the Bengals last week- add this one to my list-

When Polamalu made the pick at the goal line- a great play by a great player- he was tangled with Johnson on the way down - contact was made and he should have been down there- he got up and ran a little and we tackled him at the five or six. Seems like an insignificant play but the way williams was coming through the middle it could have been huge to have the steelers inside the one. Do we have anyone upstairs looking? Challenege the spot Chan! a huge play could have been made!

My only point in dredging this up is the continued lack of respect the bottom feeders of the league get as opposed to the elite teams- the officials just assume the "better" team is in the right and don't ever question their own judgements- until the Bills earn the respect of the officials they will continue to get the short end of every judgement call.

Go ahead and rip me for complaining about the officiating but Chan- who I am fully behind- needs to go Bill Cowher and get furious over a call or non-call at some point to get their attention-

Agree 100% -- I thought he was down by contact and was wondering aloud why we didn't challenge the play. Down at the 1 vs. down at the 5 actually does make a difference (whether it is making their punter punt from deep in their own end-zone or increases the likelihood of a safety).

I don't think it has to do with bottom feeders getting no respect from the officials though... it's just a sloppy call that needed to be challenged.

You are absolutely correct about that.

I thought Johnson could have made contact while they fell to the ground too. Was this play inside 2 minutes though? I also thought the CB was all over Stevie and thought a flag should have been thrown. I didn't see any replays, but wonder if anyone had a chance to rewatch and see if a penalty should have been called on the Steelers CB?

The Bengals are bottom feeders this year due to their record- won their division last yr or the yr before- the last few years they have been coddled with tv shows and featured as an up and coming team- they have celebrity type players that get the media - we for the most part don't-

"Marshawn" was who the officials called out for the illegal contact- "#23" obviously an error but still funny

I thought Johnson could have made contact while they fell to the ground too. Was this play inside 2 minutes though? I also thought the CB was all over Stevie and thought a flag should have been thrown. I didn't see any replays, but wonder if anyone had a chance to rewatch and see if a penalty should have been called on the Steelers CB?

I thought the play was around the 3:00 mark, so Gailey could have challenged it. I was listening to the game, so I have yet to see a slow-motion replay, but Mark Kelso thought it was worth a challenge at the time.

The Bengals are bottom feeders this year due to their record- won their division last yr or the yr before- the last few years they have been coddled with tv shows and featured as an up and coming team- they have celebrity type players that get the media - we for the most part don't-

"Marshawn" was who the officials called out for the illegal contact- "#23" obviously an error but still funny

You think the refs were thinking of all that when they made that call in the Cincy game? Celebrities? TV shows? Past success of the Bengals?

I was also screaming at the TV all day about all the uncalled holding going on. Heath Miller alone was holding on almost every block he made while on camera. Not to mention the overtime 1st down pittsburgh got when one of their lineman, not sure who, tackled and laid on top of one of the Bills' pass rushers. Apparently holding is ok if you only have your logo on one side of your helmet...

I didn't think he caught the ball. I would have challenged. Polamalu is awesome...he's so awesome he's even allowed to give helmet to helmet hits and not get called for them.

100% agree- was screaming at the TV when he hit evans on the game tying drive. Not sure how that wasnt called.

One play I couldn't figure out which didn't seem to get a decent replay was when it seemed like 3rd and less than a yard and Fitz did a QB sneak. They showed a replay from behind and he clearly moved forward, probably well over a yard on the LOS. Yet when they measured he got no forward advancement whatsoever. They never showed a replay from the side and no one challenged the call. What did I miss?

The fact that our coaching staff was unable to spot this glaringly obvious 100% certain challenge is pretty discouraging. Not to mention the fact that we could have challenged the absolutely certain "down by contact" and gotten a free look at reviewing whether the catch was completed. Turns out he did cleanly make that catch, but it wasn't a sure thing, and challenging the down by contact ruling would have free-rolled us a chance to keep the ball.

It's easy to second guess, but man, even putting them back to the 1 would have been an absolutely great outcome with zero risk of losing a time out.

I was also screaming at the TV all day about all the uncalled holding going on. Heath Miller alone was holding on almost every block he made while on camera. Not to mention the overtime 1st down pittsburgh got when one of their lineman, not sure who, tackled and laid on top of one of the Bills' pass rushers. Apparently holding is ok if you only have your logo on one side of your helmet...

he tackled maybin, which made me laugh. we made their line look bad a few times yesterday. kyle williams is so disruptive that one of their lineman had to tackle MAYBIN?!? i could block that dude hopping around in a potato sack

The Refs called 10 penalties on the Steelers for over 100 yards. They called four holding penalties on one player. Refs miss calls all the time when you get the benefit of slow motion replay, but they called holding on the Steelers more in this game than any game I have seen anywhere all season on any team.