Official Steve Johnson Love and Support Thread

seq004

Steve,

your one of the most liked Buffalo Bills in many, many years. We've all been pulling for you for the last 2 years. Today sucked. You know that. We know that. But we also know your hard work and dedication will be to never let this happen again, and as much as we don't want it to, it most likely will happen again. But were sure you'll pick yourself up, dust yourself off and continue to work hard so it never happens again. And that is why we love you on this team. Keep your head up! Your the man. And don't worry about small things and contract crap. Just play the best football you can. It will all come together sooner or later. As Bills fan we can't wait to be relevant again, and hope your a part of it.

Funny how this happens to Stevie and everyone rallies around to support him, yet wasn't it last year when McKelvin had his lawn vandilised for droping a kick against the Pats?

There aren't many things worse than a fumbler.

. And the sheer number of times that Fitzpatrick throws to him. That is repeatedly gets wide open. That, regardless of the drops (of which I counted six) and the fact he lost the game for us, is what is most likely to carry over.

I, for one, was not expecting Steve Johnson to be able to get open so often against the Steelers who were looking for him. The drops will happen. He will do it fairly often. There are a lot of very good wr who drop too many easy passes. But the fact he can repeatedly get open and get open deep, in overtime, is more important than the drop.

If we needed the win for a playoff spot I wouldn't say that. But Steve Johnson may turn out to be a stud based on the number of times he hit wide open against the Steelers not how many drops he had.

This is the point that I've been making for the past hour. He consistently finds a way to get open. He abused their defense in regards to putting himself in a position to get the ball. He beats them short, he beats them intermediate and he beats them deep, I find this to be extremely encouraging. Unlike our other "#1" WR, this guy doesn't disappear during the game.

everyone has !@#$ed up hell carolina might win 2 games and we might be taking him out to a steak dinner for saving us for getting luck

:unsure:

I, for one, was not expecting Steve Johnson to be able to get open so often against the Steelers who were looking for him. The drops will happen. He will do it fairly often. There are a lot of very good wr who drop too many easy passes. But the fact he can repeatedly get open and get open deep, in overtime, is more important than the drop.

disagree. one ot td catch is far more important than the number of times he's able to get open. he makes that td catch and all those earlier drops will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

To Stevie Johnson,

You are a ballar who comes out and consistently makes plays for the Buffalo Bills on a weekly basis. You are having one of the best season for a Bills WR in decades. You are a young shining star on this team and your chemistry with Fitz is without question excellent. Nobody is perfect, don't let one play change the way who you are on the field and off. You are a prime example on this team why I enjoy watching Bills football and what makes it exciting to be a Buffalo Bills fan once again for the present and future.

Sincerely,

BuffaloBillsForever

Couldn't agree more, the mere fact that you are so upset Stevie tells me that you are a class act. It is an honor to have a man like you on this team. You'll get them next time, keep your chin up! :thumbsup:

just unsure how dropping that td is a learning experience.

I didnt at all say or mean it was a learning experience. He blew the game. What I was saying was that this is a 2-9 team in a lost season. Steve Johnson is coming into his own as an NFL starter and potential star receiver. There will be more drops in his career. But the fact that he got open 15 times in one game on passes targeted to him is a HUGELY encouraging sign, and is likely more important, in the long run, than the dropped game winner.

just unsure how dropping that td is a learning experience.

Seriously, what do you view as more important for the Bills future, a player that made a terrible drop that cost us the game in a season when we have no chance at making the playoffs or a player that is able to consistently get open, against just about every defense, including the Steeler's top ranked defense?

Stevie seems almost a little TOO down and his twitter comment is slightly disturbing...

"I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME TO LEARN FROM THIS??? HOW???!!! ILL NEVER FORGET THIS!! EVER!!! THX THO... "

There's something special in this...

He shows his praise, questions his faith, and shows reverence with thanks. He's a good man, and I, for one, am proud he's a Bill.

Stevie: I'm a bigger fan of yours now. Forget the sharpie on the T-shirt and all the self-promotion. Perhaps this is meant to provide you with some humbling direction on how HE expects you to lead?

Just watched his PC.....

Give me 52 guys with HALF the balls and emotion of Stevie and the Bills win the !@#$ing Super Bowl THIS YEAR.

YOU DA MAN, STEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Stevie, you da bomb, the dropped bomb. Worst performance by a WR that I've seen in years. 5-6 drops. Yet, to be fair, you have been playing great, which makes your performance today all the more painful to watch.

Just watched his PC.....

Give me 52 guys with HALF the balls and emotion of Stevie and the Bills win the !@#$ing Super Bowl THIS YEAR.

YOU DA MAN, STEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:worthy: Love you, Stevie J! :wub:

Yeah Stevie, you da bomb, the dropped bomb. Worst performance by a WR that I've seen in years. 5-6 drops. Yet, to be fair, you have been playing great, which makes your performance today all the more painful to watch.

Spiderweb: u suck. :angry:

:worthy: Love you, Stevie J! :wub:

Spiderweb: u suck. :angry:

Hummmm. It's simply factual Miss Harriet. He has played great, but today he sucked. Maybe I would have too but I wasn't in the game.

I'll refrain from saying the same back at you.

I don't know about anybody else, but I love seeing a Bill be so emotional and passionate about this game unlike the last 10 years of the "walking dead". It will take a lot more bad games for me to get down on this guy who plays with so much heart. Shake it off Stevie!

Exactly! All of us were sick to our stomachs after this game, and it's great to see someone on the team share in that visibly. Here's hoping he works harder and keeps this game as a constant reminder, which will propel him forward.

I'm on board with this philosophy. You gotta give the guy some love but you also need to give him a kick in the ass.

If it was just the one big drop, that's a different matter -- anyone can drop one -- but he dropped passes all day long. I don't think it's a coincidence that this happened following all the hoopla over the Cincy game. He didn't have his head in the game and that's why his hands turned to stone.

I was b... and moaning all through the game (with his drops), however I had to feel for the kid on that drop. In my oopinion he became a Bill in that moment. Hopefully he'll get his head in the game, as he has the physical part down.

I was b... and moaning all through the game (with his drops), however I had to feel for the kid on that drop. In my oopinion he became a Bill in that moment. Hopefully he'll get his head in the game, as he has the physical part down.

Such high standards you set,he drops a perfectly thrown ball to win a game and at that moment he becomes a Bill. Nice loser mentality

I'm on board with this philosophy. You gotta give the guy some love but you also need to give him a kick in the ass.

If it was just the one big drop, that's a different matter -- anyone can drop one -- but he dropped passes all day long. I don't think it's a coincidence that this happened following all the hoopla over the Cincy game. He didn't have his head in the game and that's why his hands turned to stone.

On the one hand I agree. On the other, Stevie just became the quintesential Bill.

Seriously, what do you view as more important for the Bills future, a player that made a terrible drop that cost us the game in a season when we have no chance at making the playoffs or a player that is able to consistently get open, against just about every defense, including the Steeler's top ranked defense?

that's an unfair question. i can't have a player who consistently gets open and makes the game winning catch?

i'm not arguing that stevie doesn't have a bright future ahead of him. i love his emotion and feel for the game. that said, wouldn't it be nice if a bill could step up in a pressure situation and finally put the game away -- especially against a quality opponent?

Dear Steve,

Please spend less time Twittering like a teenage girl and get your #$%ing head in the game.

Thanks

+1000 Stop with the $%#@ing Tweets!! Pick yourself back up and go make the next big play for OUR Bills! That's the only thing that will make amends for that drop.