"There are two kinds of people...

TPS

I am not a football expert. And I have been a Bills fan (almost since before I could read) and continue to be a Bills fan. The season started out bad but I sincerely hope that they give Chan Gailey more time. He has motivated this team to being competitive (4 games lost within 3 points, two overtime) and two wins. Maybe next year with some better talent? Who knows? Give Chan a chance.

I am not a football expert. And I have been a Bills fan (almost since before I could read) and continue to be a Bills fan. The season started out bad but I sincerely hope that they give Chan Gailey more time. He has motivated this team to being competitive (4 games lost within 3 points, two overtime) and two wins. Maybe next year with some better talent? Who knows? Give Chan a chance.

I think it's becoming evident the talent on the team is better than many believed. If these guys won 6-7 games with Jauron as HC, they CAN'T stink that bad. It has simply taken Chan some time to figure out their strengths and weaknesses, and for them to learn the new system and to learn to play to WIN and not simply to not lose.

Cutting Trent was when things started to get better. The Edwards period turned out to be a disaster. "It's tough to play in the NFL" It has to be tougher when your starting QB has no ball sack.

he ain't goin anywhere for awile.

:blink: I still wanna know how he decided to start trent over fitz

seems to me Trent is was fine in practice and collapses when the bullets fly, Fitz is the complete opposite.

Edited by dgrid

I think it's becoming evident the talent on the team is better than many believed. If these guys won 6-7 games with Jauron as HC, they CAN'T stink that bad. It has simply taken Chan some time to figure out their strengths and weaknesses, and for them to learn the new system and to learn to play to WIN and not simply to not lose.

Cutting Trent was when things started to get better. The Edwards period turned out to be a disaster. "It's tough to play in the NFL" It has to be tougher when your starting QB has no ball sack.

Trent was clearly of the same "school" that produced Rob Johnson. Simply, only throw the ball down field if the receiver is open by 5 yards or more. Neither of them understood that it's within the rules to make the throw to a spot, even before the receiver has made his break. Fitz may not put toe ball where it needs to go consistently (scatter shot arm), but he's got guts.....

Trent looked great in pre-season again this year. When the blitzers show up in the regular season, Trent will check down unless his WR is wide open.

I think Chan just had to see that for himself.

He saw Trent's ineffective play in real games, and sent him packing.

It's not really that hard to understand.

I didn't know that he was in any danger. I'm pretty sure Chan is here for years to come.

PTR

Chan had to know what he had in Trent. Sure he sucked last year but was it the QB or the scheme? Well two games in Chan realized it was the QB. Like others has noted, Trent is a demon in OTA's and a puss in real games.

PTR

Care to elaborate? The binary numeral system represents numeric values using two symbols, 0 and 1. How do you come up with 10?

Because to represent 10, one guy is standing, the other is sitting.

Edited by SwampD