Perspective...

Dorkington

We beat the Lions, and the Bengals.

The Bengals only had their #1 and #3 CBs, and their #3 and #4 Safeties. They only had four defensive backs by the end of the game, one of them recently signed off waivers, iirc.

The Steelers are a *good* team.

Don't get your hopes up too high this weekend. We still have a lot of work to do!

Still... hope we win. ;)

Thanks for "the perspective" oh dark lord....now back to our regularly scheduled programing.

We won a game. Our offense is exciting to watch for the first time in I don't know how many years. Our defense, though it still has miles to go, has improved over the past couple weeks. Chris Kelsay got to the quarterback for god's sake!! Are we so destitute as a fan base that we can not feel good about our team for at least a couple freakin days after a win!!

Thanks for "the perspective" oh dark lord....now back to our regularly scheduled programing.

We won a game. Our offense is exciting to watch for the first time in I don't know how many years. Our defense, though it still has miles to go, has improved over the past couple weeks. Chris Kelsay got to the quarterback for god's sake!! Are we so destitute as a fan base that we can not feel good about our team for at least a couple freakin days after a win!!

With regard to being "destitute" THE DORKINGTON may say chortle "yes, we are that destitute" but far be it for YE OLE to speak for THE DORKINGSTON.

Thanks for the insults guys. :thumbsup:

I think you're missing my point.

There is a lot of black and white in this forum. A couple weeks ago it was "OMG Fitz sucks!" and this week it's "OMG Fitz is the best!" for example.

How about instead of looking at things as either 1 or 10 on a 10 point schedule, you use some numbers in between? We won yesterday, but you also have to take into account the reasons why we won on the opposite side of the ball.

Personally, I think our overtime loss to Baltimore was more impressive than beating a depleted and mentally defeated Bengals team, for example.

I think we are improving, slowly and surely.

Thanks for the insults guys. :thumbsup:

I think you're missing my point.

There is a lot of black and white in this forum. A couple weeks ago it was "OMG Fitz sucks!" and this week it's "OMG Fitz is the best!" for example.

How about instead of looking at things as either 1 or 10 on a 10 point schedule, you use some numbers in between? We won yesterday, but you also have to take into account the reasons why we won on the opposite side of the ball.

Personally, I think our overtime loss to Baltimore was more impressive than beating a depleted and mentally defeated Bengals team, for example.

I think we are improving, slowly and surely.

Sorry for the "dark lord" reference my friend. Not necessary.

I am not missing your point...I just think that you're stating the obvious in a overly negative way. The discussion on this board does seem to be polarized, and often contradicting, depending on the team's performance from week to week. Such is the nature of professional sports and it's fans. This phenomenon is not just exclusive to the stadium wall...you can watch Sportcenter and the NFL network from week to week to experience this.

My point is...I don't need you to remind me that that the Bills are still not that good of a football team. I can't speak for everyone on this board, but I fully understand this.

The Bengals only had their #1 and #3 CBs, and their #3 and #4 Safeties. They only had four defensive backs by the end of the game, one of them recently signed off waivers, iirc.

Don't get your hopes up too high this weekend. We still have a lot of work to do!

Still... hope we win. ;)

The three weeks previous to the two wins, against potential playoff teams, each loss was by 3 points. I don't think the Steelers are significantly better than Baltimore. With the Bills starting to learn how to win, I'm not ruling out a 3 game streak yet.

In the finest Dick Jauron vernacular, "it's hard to win in the NFL" and with a score of 28-7 staring you right in the face, it really gets tough! It is NOT that they won,but that it was a road victory (ask the Lions about them!)and historically significant victory to boot!! Get a bonified playmaker or seven on defense next year, and we will be happy little Bills fans for a decade!! GO BILLS!!!

Edited by Bflojohn

The three weeks previous to the two wins, against potential playoff teams, each loss was by 3 points. I don't think the Steelers are significantly better than Baltimore. With the Bills starting to learn how to win, I'm not ruling out a 3 game streak yet.

Indeed, as much as this was a frustrating experience (I laugh at it now), I have to say... more impressive than beating either the Lions or the Bengals... though... emotionally, getting wins feels soooo much better.

Indeed, as much as this was a frustrating experience (I laugh at it now), I have to say... more impressive than beating either the Lions or the Bengals... though... emotionally, getting wins feels soooo much better.

As you said in another reply, the Baltimore OT loss was the most impressive game of the season so far for this team. I want them to take the next step. They've played close to playoff teams, they've beat bad teams, now it's time to beat a playoff team.

Please realize that Bills fans aren't used to beating the teams that should be beaten, let alone winning in spectacular fashion.

Still... hope we win. ;)

Still... hope we win. ;)

This is exactly what happened when we started out 5-1 a few seasons ago - everybody got all excited and started talking about playoffs and Super Bowls (and our wonderful front office extended Jauron) when we had beaten absolutely nobody.

I like winning as much as the next guy, but you're absolutely right - we have to keep thing in perspective and not think we're suddenly some sort of competitor because we have 2 consecutive wins....

I think it was a nice win for an up and coming Bills team which is still several pieces away. With all the injuries we have had the past few seasons, i'm sure other teams have taken advantage of us in the past. It nice to see we finally have a coaching staff that made some adjustments and put the team in a position to win, when the chance presented it's self. The steelers are going to be tough they have a big time pass rush, and can run the ball well. I think those are the two main things that hurt the bills.

This is exactly what happened when we started out 5-1 a few seasons ago - everybody got all excited and started talking about playoffs and Super Bowls (and our wonderful front office extended Jauron) when we had beaten absolutely nobody.

I like winning as much as the next guy, but you're absolutely right - we have to keep thing in perspective and not think we're suddenly some sort of competitor because we have 2 consecutive wins....

This is very different from what happened when we started out 5-1.

We're 2-8...we have improved as a team recently, and have played well against good competition. I think just a little optimism is reasonable and warranted. Further, I have not read one post since about week 2 that has referenced playoffs or super bowl. I don't get where you guys are getting this "delusional optimism" nonsense from. Just be happy (realistically), or go in the basement and berate your cat or something.

Still... hope we win. ;)

Dude, why so serious? You sound like a bit of a downer lol BUT I admit that you are 100 percent correct. I think we stand a chance in this game just like we did when we played Baltimore. This game will help tell a lot about who is for real and who isn't on this football team.

This is very different from what happened when we started out 5-1.

We're 2-8...we have improved as a team recently, and have played well against good competition. I think just a little optimism is reasonable and warranted. Further, I have not read one post since about week 2 that has referenced playoffs or super bowl. I don't get where you guys are getting this "delusional optimism" nonsense from. Just be happy (realistically), or go in the basement and berate your cat or something.

Fair enough - I don't see anyone talking playoffs or Super Bowls - even the most optimistic amongst us realize that's not going to happen.

What scares me though is that suddenly the big holes we have on the team seem to have evaporated because we won 2 games against bad team. Suddenly Fitz is a guy we should build around. Suddenly obtaining some offensive tackles isn't a huge priority. Suddenly our linebackers can get the job done. Suddenly we'll be OK with the safties we have. Take that a bit further and we're going to end up with another luxury pick in the draft (another RB anyone?) while the problems we've had for years and continue to kill us go on festering. This team has way too little talent for us to think we are going to be competitive with what we've got....