Lee Evans to Vanilla for me !

Catching a 50 yarder early in the game is a good way to get a defenses attention.

I'm sure they start to double him after that.

No doubt Fitz is comfortable throwing to Stevie but that should not be a knock on Evans who I feel is a good route runner, very fast and with good hands.

For whatever reason he has not been a feature receiver since the hallowed Losman years.

Evans couldn't do anything on the pick it was a terrible throw. I thought it was interesting when Chan was ask how Stevie is running open- because Lee gets the "corner and the safety to go with him" leaving Stevie one on one

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Catching a 50 yarder early in the game is a good way to get a defenses attention.

I'm sure they start to double him after that.

No doubt Fitz is comfortable throwing to Stevie but that should not be a knock on Evans who I feel is a good route runner, very fast and with good hands.

For whatever reason he has not been a feature receiver since the hallowed Losman years.

The reason is because he is not good enough to be a featured receiver.

You are 100% correct on that INT. That is typical of Evans and so frustrating at the same time. The guy has a lot of talent and can be an all round WR. Until he runs routes over the middle and comes back to the ball and fights for the ball, he will never be in the same league as Andre Reed or Eric Moulds.

I noticed during the Steelers game (which I turned to during a commercial), they commented that Tomlin needles Wallace by calling him a "one trick pony" to try to get more out of him. That aptly describes Lee Evans.

You all are crazy to blame that interception on Lee Evans. Was I the only one who was actually watching the game?? Fitz stared the route down and TOTALLY telegraphed the pass. Never should have thrown the ball. Lee Evans never had a chance to break up the play, as the DB read fitz's eyes and jumped the route. Are you all serious!?

What does it mean to vanilla for someone? I've never had anyone vanilla for me. Sounds tasty, though.

I was thinking:

"Lee Evans to Vanilla" as in to vanilla ice cream at a local eating establishment such as Dairy Queen

"Lee Evans to Vanilla" - Possible mis-spelling. Maybe is was "Valhalla"?

You all are crazy to blame that interception on Lee Evans. Was I the only one who was actually watching the game?? Fitz stared the route down and TOTALLY telegraphed the pass. Never should have thrown the ball. Lee Evans never had a chance to break up the play, as the DB read fitz's eyes and jumped the route. Are you all serious!?

not to mention fitzpatrick threw it on the wrong side of lee evans.. on an out route the ball is supposed to be on the boundary-side of the receiver. he also had david nelson on a deep out later on in the game that he threw towards the middle of the field instead of the other side of the receiver, however since reggie nelson sucks so bad he only broke up the pass instead of intercepting it.

not to mention fitzpatrick threw it on the wrong side of lee evans.. on an out route the ball is supposed to be on the boundary-side of the receiver. he also had david nelson on a deep out later on in the game that he threw towards the middle of the field instead of the other side of the receiver, however since reggie nelson sucks so bad he only broke up the pass instead of intercepting it.

Apparently you didnt get the message that Fitz is the current board hero (see formerly: Fred Jackson) and can do no wrong. Therefore it MUST have been ENTIRELY Lee Evans's fault. Who, coincidentally, is now the current board goat because we have another good WR in Stevie Johnson, and Bills fans can only stand one good player at any position.

Get on board to run Lee out of town, while there are still seats left on the bus!

Apparently you didnt get the message that Fitz is the current board hero (see formerly: Fred Jackson) and can do no wrong. Therefore it MUST have been ENTIRELY Lee Evans's fault. Who, coincidentally, is now the current board goat because we have another good WR in Stevie Johnson, and Bills fans can only stand one good player at any position.

Get on board to run Lee out of town, while there are still seats left on the bus!

I'm in!! We'll pool our money and purchase billboard space around the city!! :doh:

No, I'm not trying to run Lee out of town, I just wish he has some passion when he plays, is he really satisfied with 4-7 Td's he catches each year ?

My point was they he is as about as inspiring a bowl a Vanilla Ice cream, its Ice Cream, but nothing to get excited about ! I feel the same way about Lee he is a receiver but for the money he makes, he should be catching more TD's if he played with more passion.

No, I'm not trying to run Lee out of town, I just wish he has some passion when he plays, is he really satisfied with 4-7 Td's he catches each year ?

My point was they he is as about as inspiring a bowl a Vanilla Ice cream, its Ice Cream, but nothing to get excited about ! I feel the same way about Lee he is a receiver but for the money he makes, he should be catching more TD's if he played with more passion.

I agree. It'd be nice to see him screaming at Fitz on the sideline to throw him the damn ball. Or jumping up and down on the field, waving his arms in the endzone, then walking back to the huddle pissed because Fitz threw to Stevie instead. Maybe he should come out in his next press conference and claim that the team's not using him properly and we could be scoring more if Fitz included him in the gameplan more. <_<

It's truly amazing that people still find something to :censored: about after a great offensive performance. Dr. Dank is right... some people just aren't happy unless they're trying to run someone out of town. Give it a rest people, we finally have a competent offense - no need to run any of them out of town (except maybe the TEs).

Lee Evans is what he is. We all know what to expect from him. He is good at catching the deep ball. For everything else, you might as well just throw it to Stevie instead.

Lee would have had another touchdown if he didn't get blatantly interfered with in the endzone on that one play btw (no idea how the refs didn't call that one).

I dont understand how you think you are able to judge how hard he plays simply from watching on TV.

He has always been a class act, and a respected player, from the first day he got to Buffalo. During his contract negotiations, he showed up and worked hard everyday, never once whining or trying to hold out. He performed as the ONLY threat at WR on this team for years, and never once bitched about it. He rarely drops sure catches (yes he's had some drops, and a couple of bad games, but it's not a consistent issue like with TO). He's the best downfield threat we've had since James Lofton.

Yet, you say he doesnt play with passion because he couldnt break up an INT on a poorly thrown pass?

If we're using single examples to base our entire argument on, then I call to evidence the TD catch he had against the Jags last year (?). It was thrown to the back corner of the endzone, and he not only battled for position, but then caught it with one hand, trapped it against his helmet, and all while falling out of bounds, but remembering to keep his feet in. Truly a passionate play.

Having read your post, I am not sure that you did watch the game. The CB had no problem attacking the ball. One would think that Evans could at least make the same effort.

The fact of the matter is that this is typical of Evans. As a QB, you have to be able to trust your WRs to make a play for the ball. The guy does not appear to be willing to attack the ball or fight for the ball (or go over the middle for that matter).

Passion? The Bills win big and you want to cry about Lee's passion. It's apparent you can't tell that the coverage almost always rolls to his side. In Stevie's interview he even mentions how good a job Lee did clearing out the safeties on one of his TDs. Have you at least noticed the TD out of the trips formation that Lee was by himself drawing the double coverage, leaving 3 wideouts covered by 2 DBs and a safety that was late coming over because of Lee. It amazes me how many football fans don't really understand what they are watching sometimes. I'm sure you'll prove what I said wrong with some misinterpretation of what you think you saw, so have at it. It is always entertaining to read these threads. The lack of logic and understanding of the game combined with drunken passion is top notch humor in my book. Go Bills!

Having read your post, I am not sure that you did watch the game. The CB had no problem attacking the ball. One would think that Evans could at least make the same effort.

The fact of the matter is that this is typical of Evans. As a QB, you have to be able to trust your WRs to make a play for the ball. The guy does not appear to be willing to attack the ball or fight for the ball (or go over the middle for that matter).

The CB who was already facing towards the ball, and who had all of his momentum going, and who had already broken on the telegraphed and poorly thrown pass? He had no problem attacking the ball? NO KIDDING!

But that ball should have been thrown to the outside shoulder. Fitz has to put it in a place where either Lee is going to get it, or it's going out of bounds.

I watched the game and the replays, by the time Lee makes his cut and starts coming back, the DB has already jumped the route and has the ball which was poorly thrown to the inside. Not much Lee couldve done except make the tackle, which he did.

Evans would have had 5 or 6 catches if Fitz threw the ball anywhere into his vicinity. The first half, Fitz was as bad or worse than Edwards or Losman had ever been. Also, withouth Evans there getting double teamed all day, Johnson doesn't have the big games, with single coverage, that he has been having. Evans did one thing that T.O. never does, after Fitz terrible pass that was intercepted, Evans first reaction was to go after the defender and push him out of bounds, where as T.O. would just stand there with his hands up in the air whining.

It is always someone else's fault and never lee's. Freakin amazing how much man love there is for a sub par performer. It was a bad play by Lee as more so than a bad throw by FItz IMO.

If this were the ONLY time that Evans pulled this, I would give him a pass. You watch enough Bills games to know that he pulls this **** all of the time. There are some receivers that QBs can trust to attack the ball. Then there is Lee Evans. He is very good at running the deep pattern. Going over the middle and attacking the ball . . . not so much.

The CB who was already facing towards the ball, and who had all of his momentum going, and who had already broken on the telegraphed and poorly thrown pass? He had no problem attacking the ball? NO KIDDING!

But that ball should have been thrown to the outside shoulder. Fitz has to put it in a place where either Lee is going to get it, or it's going out of bounds.

I watched the game and the replays, by the time Lee makes his cut and starts coming back, the DB has already jumped the route and has the ball which was poorly thrown to the inside. Not much Lee couldve done except make the tackle, which he did.

Edited by Peter