Donte Whitner and Leodis McKelvin

Buftex

As maligned as these two guys are, I loved the fight they both showed today...when the chips were down, they neither succumbed to the arrogance of their former teammate, Terrell Owens...they kept playing, kept hitting, and shut him up, and shut him down the second half... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As maligned as these two guys are, I loved the fight they both showed today...when the chips were down, they neither succumbed to the arrogance of their former teammate, Terrell Owens...they kept playing, kept hitting, and shut him up, and shut him down the second half... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Whitner, Poz, and Kelsay all look more comfortable in the new defense than they did in the first half of the season.

I actually thought that TO was working Leodis so bad that they moved him and put Drayton on him.....

Now Whitner is a guy I am constantly ragging on.....he finally got a hit on somebody to dislodge a ball

Kelsay is showing he is a DE not a linebacker....the PROBLEM is that he is a undersized DE.....I think Bowers is our pick

Whitner had another fine game, all around. He's having a quietly very good year.

I read somewhere McKelvin gave up the touchdown pass to TO after he fell down to allow the long pass completion to TO a play earlier. From what I saw, while McKelvin was lined up opposite TO on the touchdown pass, but was not responsible for his coverage when he released to the middle. That was on Byrd, I believe.

I'm tired of LM! Its the same crap! The first td he got straight up BURNT! He's not consistent enough and I'm sick and tired of it! And that's exactly why they put DF on him and it made a difference!

DW takes wrong angles and doesn't cover well! That's his two biggest problems!

I'm tired of LM! Its the same crap! The first td he got straight up BURNT! He's not consistent enough and I'm sick and tired of it! And that's exactly why they put DF on him and it made a difference!

Whitner had another fine game, all around. He's having a quietly very good year.

I read somewhere McKelvin gave up the touchdown pass to TO after he fell down to allow the long pass completion to TO a play earlier. From what I saw, while McKelvin was lined up opposite TO on the touchdown pass, but was not responsible for his coverage when he released to the middle. That was on Byrd, I believe.

Agree on all your points. I love him, but Gus Johnson got a little too drawn into the trash talking between TO/Leodis. That TD was zone and Leodis let him cross into the middle in Byrd's territory. I'm not positive, but I think George Wilson was in a lot over Byrd in the second half. Thought Donte played well.

Exactly correct.

How old are you?

How young are you?

Edited by ConradDobler

Right.

Did Byrd get benched for Wilson after that point?

Edited by rafter

Seriously?

The Bengals completed ONE pass on McKelvin today and you're going to yell about him getting "BURNT" and not being consistent enough.

The most dynamic WR tandem in the NFL combined for 6 catches for less than 100 yards and you're going to yell about how Whitner can't cover anybody.

And the Bills didn't put anybody on anybody. Florence played the entire game at RCB. And except for a couple series midgame where McGee spelled him, McKelvin played the entire game at LCB.

I wonder if maybe we should add something to the Terms of Service stating you can be removed for egregious stupidity.

Seriously?

The Bengals completed ONE pass on McKelvin today and you're going to yell about him getting "BURNT" and not being consistent enough.

The most dynamic WR tandem in the NFL combined for 6 catches for less than 100 yards and you're going to yell about how Whitner can't cover anybody.

And the Bills didn't put anybody on anybody. Florence played the entire game at RCB. And except for a couple series midgame where McGee spelled him, McKelvin played the entire game at LCB.

I wonder if maybe we should add something to the Terms of Service stating you can be removed for egregious stupidity.

Please, please, please! That would take care of quite a few nimrods on The Wall.

Whitner had another fine game, all around. He's having a quietly very good year.I read somewhere McKelvin gave up the touchdown pass to TO after he fell down to allow the long pass completion to TO a play earlier. From what I saw, while McKelvin was lined up opposite TO on the touchdown pass, but was not responsible for his coverage when he released to the middle. That was on Byrd, I believe.

OK he played well today, but you can't be serious about him having a very good year? :unsure:

OK he played well today, but you can't be serious about him having a very good year? :unsure:

Indeed I am. Leads the team in tackles. Putting pressure on the QB now that he is allowed to rush. Overall quite solid.

I agree with you, Dean. People around here cannot get over their hatred for Donte no matter how well he could play.

Really? Really? He is consistently late on tackles (comes in at the end to take a shot). In open field he gets turned INSIDE OUT all the time. His coverage has been terrible. Did you watch the first 8 games? I have no hate on for Dante, I am just not a homer.

Indeed I am. Leads the team in tackles. Putting pressure on the QB now that he is allowed to rush. Overall quite solid.

He leads the team in tackles because the Bills lead the league in allowing running backs to get to the third level without being touched, and the backs pretty much run right into our strong safety about 6-8 times a game. He played well last week and ok today. He doesn't have an interception, forced fumble, sack, or any other big play for that matter. Tight ends were scoring a touchdown a game against him for the first half of the season. But hey, he made a nice hit on a receiver today and batted a ball down last week. I guess that constitutes a good season around here.