Kellen Moore watch. Boise State tonight

ESPN 2 at 930

I dont think he is much of an NFL prospect. Def not this year.

will you kindly elaborate on your thoughts to why not?

IMO, he can make all the throws, has accuracy, pocket presence, ability to read defenses, and decision making.

the only "knock" on him is size. but that didnt seem to be a problem for Drew Brees

IMO, he can make all the throws, has accuracy, pocket presence, ability to read defenses, and decision making.

the only "knock" on him is size. but that didnt seem to be a problem for Drew Brees

Quality of competition is also a question. He is lights out but is it just because Boise is that much better then the teams it plays? Throw in the question of size and it makes him a mid to late round pick. Although a good team with a good but aging QB could use him as a developmental project.

great college QBs do not necessarily transfer well to the pro game... Especially those QBs that work in a spread out of a shotgun. They are basically system QBs. The QBs in college in a spread offense aren't fitting the ball into very small windows like they will have to in the pros. Their receivers are usually wide open. Brees worked in a system very similar to a pro style offense at Purdue with Joe Tiller. Brees has also had the benefit of playin in SanDiego and New Orleans where he really doesn't quite understand the "winds of November and December. If he played in Pittsburgh, Cleveland, NY, Buffalo, NE, GB, Chicago or Philly, I think he'd be a different QB. He'd still be pretty good, but not a top three or four guy like he is now.

Well, IMO, he cannot make all the throws, weak arm, not very accurate at all, not good pocket presence, decision making is ok.

He just doesnt physically qualify for the NFL.

He's a terrific college QB. But, while size isn't the only consideration in a QB, he looks extremely small for an NFL QB. Yes, he and Brees are both listed at 6', but he Moore just looks smaller. Also, Brees is a rare exception.

I'm not suggesting Moore can't and won't be successful in the NFL, but I can't see him being an early pick.

Moore is 10/12 for 171 yds 1td / 1int with 6 mins left in the 2nd quarter

Buddy you can't judge college qbs just on numbers alone. Look at who the competition is. Look at the type of offense the team plays.

Go back and look at the numbers of the last few Hawaii quarterbacks, including colt brennan who hopefully recovers from his accident. They all put up monster numbers. They all never sniffed the nfl. I watched some of the BSU game tonight and a lot of moore's throws looked like rainbow bombs to titus young, who is a awesome WR who outclasses anyone that has been covering him this year.

If i see kellen moore throw the 20 yard out to his WR against a good opponent then i will eat my words. Until then, stop being enamoured with any qb on a high scoring team.

He looks to join the guy he took the BSU passing record from, Ryan Dimwittie, in the CFL. He should not be a prospect taken seriously from anything I saw tonight. He threw the ball where he needed to, but none of the TD's were any more than him putting the ball up where his elite receivers picked on a far-less-than-stellar secondary corps. He's an excellent college QB that may get a look from someone, but don't expect anything.

Boise State vs. fresno State tonight. I think it's on ESPN at 930pm

Kellen Moore has been absolutly lights out this year and we would be foolish to not at least "consider" the possibility. He is putting up monster stats all season long, and every single year his stats have improved.

I've seen enough of Boise that I can see why they are not ranked #1 and it's obvious they don't have the talent of top teams. Moore is the same, he has a noodle arm and just doesn't have the chops to be an NFL QB.

To those who say Joe Tiller ran a pro style offense. You must be kidding me. I was a student there. They had a shotgun spread offense. If I am correct he referred to it as "basketball on grass" and I could predict every play. I believe Purdue is credited with introducig the spread offense to the Big Ten. This would explain why it took many years for Breed to settle into the NFL.

However, on the flip side for people doubting the development of spread offense shotgun QB's take a look at Brees and Kyle Orton. They seem to be doing just fine.