Maurice Clarett

Gugny

Isn't there still a argumnent that if the NFL would have just let him play when he wanted to... The stuff that happened in 2006 would have never transpired. Of course those events still may have happened... But we will never know. The NFL did kind of "break him"... Glad to see the real life system corrected it.

Why is this from the NFL:

""When you're out of circulation for a while, it takes more than a year to get back," Brandt said."

I am calling BS on the NFL.. Vick is preforming well.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Isn't there still a argumnent that if the NFL would have just let him play when he wanted to... The stuff that happened in 2006 would have never transpired. Of course those events still may have happened... But we will never know. The NFL did kind of "break him"... Glad to see the real life system corrected it.

On the contrary, he probably would have ended up dead or in prison for life if someone had put a million dollars in his pocket at that point in his life.

""When you're out of circulation for a while, it takes more than a year to get back," Brandt said."

You are comparing apples oranges. Clarett played all of one year of college ball? How many seasons did Vick have under his belt in college and the NFL level?

You are comparing apples oranges. Clarett played all of one year of college ball? How many seasons did Vick have under his belt in college and the NFL level?

Yeah... So. Why should anybody have to go through 3 or 4 years of playing ball at school. He wants to leave and play pro ball, more power to him if he makes a team or gets drafted.

On the contrary, he probably would have ended up dead or in prison for life if someone had put a million dollars in his pocket at that point in his life.

And we know this how? The argument could be made that the robbery never would have occured because there was no motive. I know some do, but many don't rob because they have a million dollars in their pocket.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

As a player Clarett was very exciting to watch. His strip against Miami in the national championship came was a big reason why OSU won. He made some very big mistakes. The sight of all those guns in that car make me wonder about what else he did. This may be a story about someone who was surrounded by too many yes men and not enough people helping and teaching him to live smart. This story reminds me of Mike Tyson in that like Tyson, I wish for the best for Clarett and I hope his words and actions so far are a genuine measure of what changes he will make in his life. More than success on the football field, I hope he gets his degree and becomes a model father and parent. There are so many stories of ex-cons who don't change their lives for the better. We will see.

Great interview, thanks for the link!

Trust me, Clarett was a disaster waiting to happen. I live in his hometown of Youngstown and I can definitively say that his success went to his head long before he tried to get into the NFL. This kid was put on a pedestal from the time he was 12 years old. When a high school is offering to pay the mortgage on your parent's house just to get to you move into their district and play football, it's going to have an effect.

I hope that he's learned from his mistakes, but he's got a long road back.

No ... this isn't an idea that we should get him. It's just a good story and worth a read.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5824308

Since first hearing of him and his antics as a freshman at Ohio State I thought he was a prick and douche. It's nice too see him trying to turn his life around. The article portays him as being genuine in this endeavour. Good for him. I hope he keeps it up.

Saw a story on espn about this a while back. Gota root for guys to turn their life around. It's that or root for them to die...the douche bags that is....and nobody can say that is right. Have no choice but to root for these stories.

Trust me, Clarett was a disaster waiting to happen. I live in his hometown of Youngstown and I can definitively say that his success went to his head long before he tried to get into the NFL. This kid was put on a pedestal from the time he was 12 years old. When a high school is offering to pay the mortgage on your parent's house just to get to you move into their district and play football, it's going to have an effect.

I hope that he's learned from his mistakes, but he's got a long road back.

that and the booster who gave him the car from the dealership...i know he gave the false police report with the stolen crap but what happened to that booster? nothing. i think it should be a crime for the boosters to give money to a player.

Clarett was unproven, and Vick was a pro-bowler ... big difference.

However, the NFL should let players come out when they want. The argument that "their bodies aren't mature enough" is a bunch of BS. It's vets simply trying to protect their turf longer from rookies. If a beaten down 41 year old with a messed up ankle so bad he walks with a decided limp can play, so can a 19 year old.

Vick is also in the middle of his SECOND season back. His stat line for his first season is very unimpressive.