Is It Time To Trade Another ??

T master

Seeing as last year and this Terrence McGee has spent the best part of his season rehabbing injuries & then last week after finally starting on the road back to being part of active players getting another shoulder injury that may yet again impede his playing time .

Is it time to send Terrence down the road while he still may have some value as far as getting some draft picks ??

You can't say the guy is one of the veterans we need to keep around because of his play , because he's never on the field . Unless you consider him a rah rah guy on the bench or some what of a coach at practice.

We are trying to put together a team for the future i believe and Terrence value may be more along the lines of a future draft pick than it is on the field because he's not there .

I could see him staying around if he could play a bit more but for the last couple of years it seems like the guy is always hurt ??

Any way that's my post & i'm sticking to it !!!

Seeing as last year and this Terrence McGee has spent the best part of his season rehabbing injuries & then last week after finally starting on the road back to being part of active players getting another shoulder injury that may yet again impede his playing time .

Is it time to send Terrence down the road while he still may have some value as far as getting some draft picks ??

You can't say the guy is one of the veterans we need to keep around because of his play , because he's never on the field . Unless you consider him a rah rah guy on the bench or some what of a coach at practice.

We are trying to put together a team for the future i believe and Terrence value may be more along the lines of a future draft pick than it is on the field because he's not there .

I could see him staying around if he could play a bit more but for the last couple of years it seems like the guy is always hurt ??

The trade deadline has come and gone, so he is with us for the reason of this season at the very least.

The year before last I (and others) were advocating that we should let McGee become a free agent and the contract should have been given to Jabari Greer instead. It would probably have been a smaller contract, to a younger guy, who is just as good, if not better. Another bad move by FO, another mis-allocation of resources. TM will be long gone by the time we get respectable in the next 1-2 seasons (I hope)

Players have very little trade value unless they are Pro Bowlers or young guys with huge potential. Even in his prime, Indy couldn't get a #1 for Marshall Faulk, who went to have some great seasons in Stl. 90% of the time, you don't get proper value when trading an NFL player.

About the only time you make out is if teams want your young backup QB.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

How is he more valuable to us if he's got a bum knee?

I postulate he would have zero trade value, hence a hole in the CB depth chart and nothing in return vs an oft injured but solid when present player, is a losing proposition to me.

However as I said “considering any option on the table”, if someone offered their first or second round pick or even the fourth they drafted him with, I think it would be worth consideration, I just don't believe that offer will be out there come March/April.

I postulate he would have zero trade value, hence a hole in the CB depth chart and nothing in return vs an oft injured but solid when present player, is a losing proposition to me.

However as I said “considering any option on the table”, if someone offered their first or second round pick or even the fourth they drafted him with, I think it would be worth consideration, I just don't believe that offer will be out there come March/April.

Yeah,... I suppose we could part ways with TM for a first or second rounder. I'm sure nobody on the board would be upset about that!

The year before last I (and others) were advocating that we should let McGee become a free agent and the contract should have been given to Jabari Greer instead. It would probably have been a smaller contract, to a younger guy, who is just as good, if not better. Another bad move by FO, another mis-allocation of resources. TM will be long gone by the time we get respectable in the next 1-2 seasons (I hope)

Agree, without a doubt, Jabari should have been re-signed. I love Terrence, but considering his health and the fact that Greer was coming into his own, Greer was the smarter investment. Buffalo is bad at retaining it's good players.

You should have used the word postulate as a verb in that sentance, not a noun. Hahaha. I still don't understand how a player with what you called a "bum knee" has more value to us? You responded for depth, but that doesn't make any sense, unless you don't truly believe he has a "bum knee".