Man shoots TV over Palin dance

The Senator

His wife said he was upset that a political figure's daughter was dancing on TV even though he felt she didn't have talent.

True enough. But if people shot their TVs every time someone with no talent appeared on one of these shows....

I wonder if it was a 3-D flat screen ....

Probably not - if it was, he would have gouged his eyes out instead.

Maybe it was a ploy to get rid of his old tube TV and get a new flat panel 3D TV. The wife's been fighting that for years. Now, perhaps, she'll be a bit more pliable.

Maybe it was a ploy to get rid of his old tube TV and get a new flat panel 3D TV. The wife's been fighting that for years. Now, perhaps, she'll be a bit more pliable.

I like the way you think Deano...so this is how I convince my wife we need a 3d tv

I like the way you think Deano...so this is how I convince my wife we need a 3d tv

I'm not sure this strategy works well for acquiring an additional TV. It is, rather, a replacement strategy.

I'm thinking you should engage in some objectionable behavior in the area that currently lacks a TV (and where you would place the 3rd TV). When confronted by your wife, your position should be: "I wouldn't be porking chickens in the study if there was a big screen TV there to amuse (soothe/distract/etc) me."

my wife and i ballroom dance so i watch the show regularly. this was a particularly bad season and bristol palin didn't help as she really is bad, albeit improved. people are angry at the injustice and the possibility of voters bending the rules. the problem is that the show asks people to vote for their "favorite" couple, not the best dancers. and the producers clearly set up this controversy on the heels of the recent change in some of the electorate. it certainly feels manipulative and i resent it. the problem is however, that true, honest dance competitions (like the one on PBS) are ok in small doses but can quickly become boring. there must be a happy medium between entertainment value and outright fraud in a "competition". this show is yet to find it and is getting worse.

I'm not sure this strategy works well for acquiring an additional TV. It is, rather, a replacement strategy.

I'm thinking you should engage in some objectionable behavior in the area that currently lacks a TV (and where you would place the 3rd TV). When confronted by your wife, your position should be: "I wouldn't be porking chickens in the study if there was a big screen TV there to amuse (soothe/distract/etc) me."

This a Niagara Falls thing? :devil:

:lol::lol::lol:

This a Niagara Falls thing? :devil:

Lingering effects from Love Canal.... If you throw the chickens they will explode upon hitting a hard surface...

Dancing is hard enough but now they are starting an ice skating (dancing) show. I haven't watched the dancing competition, is Bristol really that bad? It would be smart to get people with a little athleticism so that it isn't as boring as some say.

Pick on the analog tv or the old black and white if need be but God no, not the digital... Leaving the gun out of the tirade may work out better.

I'm confused. Typically the fans that carry the firepower are the ones happy to see Bristol Palin advance.

This article would make more sense if the guy ran over his TV with a Prius while screaming incoherencies about global warming.

Similar events happened a lot when Howard Cossel was on MNF. Don't remember if he could dance? <_<

When I was in college a friend of mine said in his home town there was a bar that got an old black and white TV every Monday, raffled off tickets with the winner shooting the old TV when Howard came on. Couldn't dance but man could he annoy people.

Dancing is hard enough but now they are starting an ice skating (dancing) show. I haven't watched the dancing competition, is Bristol really that bad? It would be smart to get people with a little athleticism so that it isn't as boring as some say.

a word of advice for the young casanovas out there...take some dance lessons, especially if offered at a local college. we go to a dance once a month at one and the college girls outnumber the guys about 3:1 (most of the guys present are there with dates, so the others don't have partners and are just waiting for someone to ask them to dance). i'll help out occasionally but with very "careful" hold and frame so as not to raise any eyebrows or dirty looks from my wife! if you can get over the initial embarssment, it's well worth it. once you have the basics, salsa clubs or two step joints can be a hoot. i wish i'd have learned much earlier.

and yes, bristol is relatively bad. for the amount of private instruction and time put in she's pretty weak but much better than where she started. but i'll bet she continues dancing after the show and continues to enjoy it. out of the "competitive" setting, she's just fine as a dancer.

I'm confused. Typically the fans that carry the firepower are the ones happy to see Bristol Palin advance.

This article would make more sense if the guy ran over his TV with a Prius while screaming incoherencies about global warming.

True.

That is why I posted what I did in post #14. Just think, this stuff is reaching a boiling point in RURAL WI. I am telling, we are in DEEP trouble folks!:ph34r:

When I was in college a friend of mine said in his home town there was a bar that got an old black and white TV every Monday, raffled off tickets with the winner shooting the old TV when Howard came on. Couldn't dance but man could he annoy people.

In the late 70s I worked at a place behind the the Buffalo Airport called Fridays & Saturdays and we did this every Monday night. It done was at halftime & if I remember it right it was called brick night.

Edited by WWVaBeach