Wood is 3rd ranked run-blocker in NFL

Damian

Article on Wood and his recovery from the Bill's team website:

Wood Article

"Looking at the production in the run game by play direction, Wood is among the league leaders at right guard. Through the first nine games, run plays that have gone over his right guard position this season have averaged 5.72 yards per carry (25 car., 143 yds). That’s almost a yard and a half better than the team’s overall rushing average this season (4.4). It also ranks third best in the league for right guard."

Playing on a losing team doesn't net you alot of Pro Bowl votes, but he certainly deserves to be there.

How do they know its not Green/Howard/Crotto that’s dominating the right side…. :unsure:

Wood really is my favorite player.

"You should give back all that money, you ain't earned ****!"

Plus he is a big nasty on the field.

Plus his name is WOOD!!!

Winner!

As soon as the Bills finish a season above .500 I'm buying a Wood Jersey

(I used to buy a jerset every year but I vowed I would not buy any more merch until they finished a season with atleast 9 wins)

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

"You should give back all that money, you ain't earned ****!"

Plus he is a big nasty on the field.

Plus his name is WOOD!!!

Winner!

As soon as the Bills finish a season above .500 I'm buying a Wood Jersey

(I used to buy a jerset every year but I vowed I would not buy any more merch until they finished a season with atleast 9 wins)

Deposit that money in a CD, with interest at 1.3% by the time the Bills win 9, you may be a millionaire.

I don't know if you can call a guy under 30 aging, but I agree with the rest.

Yes you're right - "aging malcontent" was just my more diplomatic catch-call phrase for ' fat, greedy, lazy, outa-shape, injury-prone locker-room cancer, declining in both talent and interest in the game ' !!! B-)

Edited by The Senator

Yes you're right - "aging malcontent" was just my more diplomatic catch-call phrase for ' fat, greedy, lazy, outa-shape, injury-prone a-hole, declining in both talent and interest in the game ' !!! B-)

Now you've done it. How long before 'The Great Defenders' catch wind of this latest insult to the great Jason Peters? Since it's already tomorrow in Japan, I can say that some of them got wind of it yesterday!

GO BILLS!!!

Yes you're right - "aging malcontent" was just my more diplomatic catch-call phrase for ' fat, greedy, lazy, outa-shape, injury-prone locker-room cancer, declining in both talent and interest in the game ' !!! B-)

I'm not sure what you really think abou the guy. Could you change your comments to be a little less ambiguous?

He may or may not be all of those things, but he sure kicked some serious ass against the Redskins. Peters was phenomenal in that game. I don't get to see much of him, but from what I have seen this year, he has plenty left in the tank. He does miss quite a bit of playing time though, it seems.

He may or may not be all of those things, but he sure kicked some serious ass against the Redskins. Peters was phenomenal in that game. I don't get to see much of him, but from what I have seen this year, he has plenty left in the tank. He does miss quite a bit of playing time though, it seems.

Yes, well is was the Redskins - anyway, didn't mean to hijack the thread...

I really like this Wood kid - what a great draft pick! (How often has that been said in recent years???)

Wonder if the Bills have long-term plans to move him to center? We seem fairly deep at guard - especially if they keep Wang there and draft an OT (Gabe Carimi?) in the early rounds this April.

I don't know if you heard the reporter from Philly on WGR this AM but he was asked about Jason Peters and I'm pretty sure this was the exact quote; "We hate him." Seriously that's what the guy said...He went on to basically say Peters is penalized WAY too much and that he was warned when the Eagles acquired Peters that he was no where near the hype, and now he agrees...

Just thought that was interesting... B-)

That pretty well sums up Peters.......

It's ALL about the line play!!! Get this through your head Front Office!!! You need more and more of the good, solid, tough guys in the trenches on BOTH sides of the ball... you'll see results almost immediately!!!

It's ALL about the line play!!! Get this through your head Front Office!!! You need more and more of the good, solid, tough guys in the trenches on BOTH sides of the ball... you'll see results almost immediately!!!

Ah kno. What was the front office thinking when they took defensive line in 2 of the first three picks in the last draft? They should have all been linemen!

Looks like the board is handing out free hand-jobs to Eric Wood again.

Just know that Bills.com (and most NFL team websites) are there to prop up the team in any way possible. This is a lousy stat in that it doesn't represent a fair picture of whats going on. Don't get me wrong, I like Eric Wood. But lets keep it in perspective. The Bills ground game has been terrible all year. And in general, its dumb to individualize stats for offensive lineman. They act as a unit, not as individuals. The fact that the Bills are generating more yardage to Woods side doesn't mean Wood is the 3rd best G in the league. Sure, it means he is doing his job. But, it doesn't take into account the OGs or OTs that pull to his side to help out. Nor does it take into account McIntyre's lead blocking (he is having a great year).

Not trying to say the fans are wrong in praising Wood. I just think everyone needs to keep it in perspective. Plus, I think its funny that Bills fans will use any excuse they can to love Eric Wood.

Good points, the OL acts as a unit for sure, and its a tough position to quantify. Eric was a first round guard pick and we got him in Philly's 28th slot and he's a good young NFL player who fits the Buffalo mold. That's good enough for me. GO WOODMAN !!!!!!!!