Dallas Cowboys senario

ET1062

There is no professional sports organization that I take any pleasure in seeing fail except the Cowboys.

From the whole "GOD's Team" and "America's Team" whorsh!t of the 70's (so nice to see the Steelers beat them), to the Jerry and Jimmy show of the 90's (I'm still convinced the Herschel Walker trade was a conspiracy between then new owner Jones, and Mike Lynn of the Vikings, and shouldn't have been allowed by the league, but they probably turned a blind eye to it because Jerry Jones was obviously committed to spending a lot of money in ways that would benefit the league, and they were "America's Team"), to the current Jerry Jones Hype Machine (but then they have always been about hype).

I don't know how any Bills fan could be a fan of that team. Jerry Jones is the #1 enemy of small-market teams on the planet. He is an ego-maniac, and he has been digging his own hole and dragging the team down with him, all the while trying to turn the league into "Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys present to you 'The NFL' ".

Watching him fail is great.

Edited by Matthews' Bag

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no professional sports organization that I take any pleasure in seeing fail except the Cowboys.

From the whole "GOD's Team" and "America's Team" whorsh!t of the 70's (so nice to see the Steelers beat them), to the Jerry and Jimmy show of the 90's (I'm still convinced the Herschel Walker trade was a conspiracy between then new owner Jones, and Mike Lynn of the Vikings, and shouldn't have been allowed by the league, but they probably turned a blind eye to it because Jerry Jones was obviously committed to spending a lot of money in ways that would benefit the league, and they were "America's Team"), to the current Jerry Jones Hype Machine (but then they have always been about hype).

I don't know how any Bills fan could be a fan of that team. Jerry Jones is the #1 enemy of small-market teams on the planet. He is an ego-maniac, and he has been digging his own hole and dragging the team down with him, all the while trying to turn the league into "Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys present to you 'The NFL' ".

Watching him fail is great.

I agree...I love seeing the Cowboys fail. But I won't stop there: the Red Sox, Celtics, Pats, any team Favre is currently on and this year's new entry, the Heat!

Based on prior year trades, I think it would take more than that to move up to the #1 overall, maybe their #1 Romo, and their # 2 or 3

i would love it if they did but thinking now if jerry were to trade romo it would mean to fans that he is rebuilding. he needs to rebound next in a big way and I don't think him going after Luck would do that.

I'd give up our first pick for Romo in a heartbeat. He is a great QB, and a pretty cool dude IMO. He might be better off on another team at this point too. I have some doubts about his toughness though.

NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown:

I don't like Romo but the Cowboys do. Although there is a fair chance that the Cowboys may end up with teh first round pick, I doubt they will take a QB. That's one of the few positions they don't need. Cowboys will more likely trade down and take a WR

Cowboys do like Romo but they are learning they need a better # 2. No way a WR...my team needs a better O line for the rushing game and a better D line to get some sacks.

Romo couldn't help a team with talent. What makes you think he could help us?

Tony Romo will be 31 next season. Even if he was good, that's too old a player to give up the 1st or 2nd overall pick for. It's just silly talk anyway, even if the new coach wants to ditch Romo, they won't get a number one pick for him (wait, MAYBE the Raiders!). Fitzpatrick, were he with the Cowboys, would be at least as good. I wonder what Fitz could bring on the market?

Romo is not cool (unless you wear your hat backwards too?).

Edited by Matthews' Bag

They the get the first pick in the 2011 NFL draft, which is highly possible.

Jim Harbaugh gets hired as the new Cowboys coach.

Andrew Luck declares for the draft and is taken by the Cowboys.

Cowboys trade Romo for a first round draft pick.

Buffalo gets screwed again.

Almost right...Bill Cowher gets hired as the new Cowboys coach and that would screw Buffalo even more.