Different WR Sets With Parrish on IR

Haplo848

With Roscoe Parrish on IR (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/11/08/parrish-out-for-season/?module=HP_headlines), Nelson seems to be a good young receiver, but both he and Stevie Johnson both are too big and not quick enough to fill the slot position. Instead of throwing Donald Jones into the slot instead, would putting Johnson and Nelson on the outside and Evans in the slot for 3-WR sets work, and Evans and Spiller for 4-WR sets work? Evans is fast enough to be a slot receiver. If I'm remembering correctly, he returned punts and/or kicks when he was younger, so he should be quick enough for it, too. What do you all think?

With Roscoe Parrish on IR (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/11/08/parrish-out-for-season/?module=HP_headlines), Nelson seems to be a good young receiver, but both he and Stevie Johnson both are too big and not quick enough to fill the slot position. Instead of throwing Donald Jones into the slot instead, would putting Johnson and Nelson on the outside and Evans in the slot for 3-WR sets work, and Evans and Spiller for 4-WR sets work? Evans is fast enough to be a slot receiver. If I'm remembering correctly, he returned punts and/or kicks when he was younger, so he should be quick enough for it, too. What do you all think?

I like those cominations. I think you're onto something.

It would be logical. Fitzy can't make outside throws so put Lee where he can get the ball and make a play.

Lee in the slot can help him contribute since Roscoe and Stevie J have both out performed Evans on the season.

Will Naaman Roosevelt get the call up?

PTR

Bring him up, he had a nice preseason. But what i think is going to be the one good that can come from this is the sped up development of David Nelson. It seems like he "gets it" a little quicker than normal rookies. And now with more exposure im thinking we may have TWO young receivers have break out years.

Nelson and Parrish usually operate out of the slot in four WR sets with Johnson and Evans on the outside. Nelson always seems to make a play. He's fine in the slot. That height is a matchup nightmare.

Edited by purple haze

It would be logical. Fitzy can't make outside throws so put Lee where he can get the ball and make a play.

Lee in the slot can help him contribute since Roscoe and Stevie J have both out performed Evans on the season.

This is not true.

Fitzpatrick's highest ratings come on throws outside the hashmarks.

(I'll try to cite, but they talked about it during the game on Sunday)

This is not true.

Fitzpatrick's highest ratings come on throws outside the hashmarks.

(I'll try to cite, but they talked about it during the game on Sunday)

I remember that it was throws to the right, he had like 106.? QB rating, did that mean outside the hashmarks?

He hits that seem on the right very often.

I don't remember a lot of throws to the sideline outside, and certainly not very good deep and outside.

Lee Evans stats kind of tip to the fact that there haven't been a lot of outside throws.

It seems like 90% of Lee Evans' catches are when they move him inside.

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

Right there with ya bud! Goes along with Chan's preference of having bigger receivers on the outside as well. I think Evans would be an all pro slot man in the 3 WR set...Wes Welker with more speed...

I remember that it was throws to the right, he had like 106.? QB rating, did that mean outside the hashmarks?

He hits that seem on the right very often.

I don't remember a lot of throws to the sideline outside, and certainly not very good deep and outside.

Lee Evans stats kind of tip to the fact that there haven't been a lot of outside throws.

It seems like 90% of Lee Evans' catches are when they move him inside.

Deep outs, imo, are some of the most difficult to throw in general. I was under the impression that "right" "left" and "middle" is all in reference to the hash marks. Between the hashmarks, to me, says center of the field.

Hmm...