Chan

When Chan challenged the Roscoe catch with just over 2 mins, he reminded me of old Dick.

First of all it was not even close.

Second of all you waste your second time out.

The Bills could have punted the ball away. Had two timeouts and the two minute warning.

If they held the Bears(like they did) the Bills would of had the ball probably more around their 30 with some where around 1:30.

Much better chance of driving to get the tieing field goal.

Anyone else feel this way?

When Chan challenged the Roscoe catch with just over 2 mins, he reminded me of old Dick.

First of all it was not even close.

Second of all you waste your second time out.

The Bills could have punted the ball away. Had two timeouts and the two minute warning.

If they held the Bears(like they did) the Bills would of had the ball probably more around their 30 with some where around 1:30.

Much better chance of driving to get the tieing field goal.

Anyone else feel this way?

no because dick would never challenge anything. He had no balls to do that and the Bills would have ended the game with 2 timeouts. Furthermore, the Bills would have been out of the game at that point.

Gotta say no, because dick would have punted instead of going for it on 4th and 2 late in the first half. On that same drive, dick also would have run it into the line on 3rd down and kicked the FG instead of attempting a pass into the endzone (resulting in a roscoe TD).

Edited by Ramius

It was a strange decision, but immaterial in the end. The defense got the ball back, and we had enough time to drive down for a game-tying FG.

Yes, But you got the ball back at your one with just over a minute left.

Very Big difference between that and say at the 30 yd line with around a minute and half.

Yes, But you got the ball back at your one with just over a minute left.

Very Big difference between that and say at the 30 yd line with around a minute and half.

I would go back to when we had the lead with about 9 minutes remaining and attempt to run the ball once or twice.

The decision to challenge was DUMB.

I disagree. It was going to be 4th and 10 anyway and the game on the line.

Chan almost certainly was going to take a timeout anyway.

By making them review the play he not only got a little extra time, but the call could have been overturned (stranger things have happened).

A good strategic challenge in my opinion.

the Bills didn't score touchdowns when DJ was coach. at least with Chan the games are interesting and fun to watch (until the last minute when your heart gets removed from your chest like that guy on indiana jones). last year our mvp was our punter and ryan lindell was our leading scorer (not sure if thats true...but its probably close). Im most likely alone on this, but I do see a better team this year than last year (although the record clearly shows otherwise). Chan is doing what he was brought in to do....improve the offense (so far he is making roscoe and steve johnson look like welker and moss and fitz is playing like favre (reach,but you get the point). The defense last year was not the teams problem, in fact most contributed the defensive problems to the offense sucking so bad and could not sustain drives, that the defense was on the field more than any other defense in the league.

i am not a big fan of Edwards (the DC) at this point (even though the D did seem to improve a little today), but Chan Gailey is still the man in my book.

I disagree. It was going to be 4th and 10 anyway and the game on the line.

Chan almost certainly was going to take a timeout anyway.

By making them review the play he not only got a little extra time, but the call could have been overturned (stranger things have happened).

A good strategic challenge in my opinion.

This was the only reason I could see for the challenge...otherwise it was a bad decision