Merriman upset bills claimed him

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

I don't doubt that Merriman might have been happier to sign somewhere else, particularly where there were lots of reports, before he was even cut, that the Ravens and Patriots would be interested in him, should he become available.

To me, upset or not, it is a good move, for him, and the Bills. He gets a half season to play himself back into NFL shape...if he can't, I will be upset if the Bills sign him to a long term deal...so, his health and ability are the deciding factors on how happy anyone can be in this situation...remains to be seen...

more: John Czarnecki of FoxSports.com reports Merriman wasn't happy about being claimed by the Bills and "definitely won't be re-signing" in Buffalo.

Merriman is at a stage of his career where he just needs to stay healthy and play well for an extended stretch of games. It's been a while. Unless that happens, he won't be in a position to dictate much about his contract and next team.

Won't have a choice if we tag him

As others have said, we need to wait to see what happens...

I don't doubt that 0-7 Buffalo wasn't on Merriman's short list and when

we claimed him, he might have had an oh crap moment...but, sometimes

in life the thing we want the least turns out to be just what we needed.

So, there are three scenarios:

1. Merriman doesn't want to be here and it stays that way and he uses the

rest of this season as an audition for other teams.

2. Buffalo realizes that he truly isn't the player he was and doesn't even try to resign him

3. Merriman comes in, starts to bond with the guys on the team, likes the atmosphere at

the Ralph and being a big fish in a small pond. Feels like Buddy and Chan are heading in the right

direction and says, "Hey I'm only 26, I can wait a year or two for playoffs, etc. I want to be

part of building this team (which will reprove myself to everyone) rather than just going to

an already contender with a lot of star players."

Hopefully he plays lights out and the third scenario happens and the Bills PAY him to stick around...

but, we just have to wait and see. And if at the end of the season he doesn't want to stay, let him

go. I'm a firm believer in only keeping players that WANT to be in Buffalo.

Edited by folz

per fox:Shawne Merriman was reportedly upset about being claimed off waivers, but has said all the right things after being picked up by Buffalo.

Can't say we don't blame him. The chances Merriman re-signs with Buffalo are slim to none, but he'll need to have an impressive second half of the season to earn another contract. He's been living off his name for the past two years

What I want to know is will WE be upset about claiming Merriman off waivers?

Will he shirk? Or will he work?

I'm sure he is upset about being claimed off waivers. It has to be a humbling experience for a Probowler.