We ARE media darlings now...we simply are...everyone LOVES us...

dayman

Now, yes I acknowledge from the outset this is not a popularity contest and nobody wants to be "lovable losers." That said, I don't think we are "lovable losers" and I don't think we are getting "pity" (although there are traces of both of those).

Bottom line, every single time I here ANY media personality talk about the Bills now, they LOVE us. No kidding. Mike and Mike, they love us. Shlereth...loves us. Cowherd, loves us. Analysts on NFL Live, they all love us.

Just this mourning listening to ESPN radio while in the car...all I hear is love. Not ONE person on the station today picked the Bears. Not one...(not sure if that's a good thing btw...).

Hell...literally 10 minutes ago Cowherd and Schlereth were doing the "nobody circles the wagons" chant. Cowherd cited the way our team plays hard and called Gaiely "unfireable." Mike and Mike heavy with the praise, "The Bills will not go 0-16, in fact they will win quite a few games this year."

People have noticed the way we play. The way our team has, instead of falling apart, insulated itself and continued to get better and play HARDER each week.

So yeah, not much of a point in here other than to say that, every single thing I hear about the Bills now is overwhelmingly positive. Have you all noticed this? What do you think? Post various thoughts you hear media guys say about the Bills when you hear them in here, I'm telling you right now...we are "media darlings" right now. It's insane. I love it.

Really?!?!?!?!

I ONLY watched the NFL Network and Rich Eisen asked Jay Glazer what he thought about Merriman to Buffalo. Glazer said that Merriman must be thinking "What in my life have I done to deserve this?"

Glazer went on to say the move made no sense - reasoning that he would be gone at the end of the year.

I can't help but wonder, if say, the Fish or TB were to have picked him up . . . a genius move no doubt!

The Bills will continue to be panned until we turn it around, luckily you found the media types who don't believe in kicking a guy when he's down, I guess

Better than the laughing stock we were just a few weeks ago.

Detroit is getting better, KC is tough, St Louis is looking dangerous, tha Raidahs are taking no prisoners, Tampa Bay is turning it around again, the freakin JETS are at the top of the heap! All of the perenial losers are turning things around. The Bills and the Browns need to join the party!

Really?!?!?!?!

I ONLY watched the NFL Network and Rich Eisen asked Jay Glazer what he thought about Merriman to Buffalo. Glazer said that Merriman must be thinking "What in my life have I done to deserve this?"

Glazer went on to say the move made no sense - reasoning that he would be gone at the end of the year.

I can't help but wonder, if say, the Fish or TB were to have picked him up . . . a genius move no doubt!

The Bills will continue to be panned until we turn it around, luckily you found the media types who don't believe in kicking a guy when he's down, I guess

Let's be honest..those guys are personnel guys reporting on the flow of players in the league...yet they failed to realize a potentially valuable LB would be picked up by the team w/ the worst LBs in the league who just so happens to also have the first priority in waivers. The obvious happens, and they go all "Mel Kiper" on us b/c they were wrong.

They have no idea wtf they are talking about, and when they say there is no way Merriman is on the Bills at years end...they are full of ****.

Everyone loves us. Everyone that pays attention to the actual football that happens on Sunday anyway.

Edited by dayman

I wouldn't say they LOVE the Bills, but more that the Bills are getting more & more attention. The 0-for-2010 is what precipitated the attention and these so-called experts just want to jump on the bus now and be one of the few that predicted the Bills to win a game before anyone else did.

The comments from Glazer & Schefter tell me they're still on the "Bills are a joke" bandwagon.

I agree and been thinking the same thing the past week or so..My son hates the Bills and never watches them, yet last weekend he couldn't resist and watched the game with me and said they actually didn't look bad..! Now thats alot coming from a 15 year old who has always seen the bills boring teams.>! I think because the players are playing hard, and the offense seems to be exciting people, that it is creating a bit of a frenzie..!

BUT Lets remember, just as we get excited when there looking good, they still suck and its going to be a couple years before we have any chance at playoffs ( Maybe next year ) so lets not get too down when they have a bad game....

I dont think we're media darlings, but feels like people (non-fans) are rooting for the Bills.

A co-worker did call them lovable losers last week. and they are starting to get credit for being better than their record.

The OTs certainly have helped.

There may be traces of pity in there as well.

I cannot wait until we are legitimatey respected and feared again!

Now, yes I acknowledge from the outset this is not a popularity contest and nobody wants to be "lovable losers." That said, I don't think we are "lovable losers" and I don't think we are getting "pity" (although there are traces of both of those).

Bottom line, every single time I here ANY media personality talk about the Bills now, they LOVE us. No kidding. Mike and Mike, they love us. Shlereth...loves us. Cowherd, loves us. Analysts on NFL Live, they all love us.

Just this mourning listening to ESPN radio while in the car...all I hear is love. Not ONE person on the station today picked the Bears. Not one...(not sure if that's a good thing btw...).

Hell...literally 10 minutes ago Cowherd and Schlereth were doing the "nobody circles the wagons" chant. Cowherd cited the way our team plays hard and called Gaiely "unfireable." Mike and Mike heavy with the praise, "The Bills will not go 0-16, in fact they will win quite a few games this year."

People have noticed the way we play. The way our team has, instead of falling apart, insulated itself and continued to get better and play HARDER each week.

So yeah, not much of a point in here other than to say that, every single thing I hear about the Bills now is overwhelmingly positive. Have you all noticed this? What do you think? Post various thoughts you hear media guys say about the Bills when you hear them in here, I'm telling you right now...we are "media darlings" right now. It's insane. I love it.

Every team that plays the Bills loves them as well... :bag:

I think it speaks more about how hard that the team plays. They are 0-7 and will not make the playoffs - but they play hard every week. They don't get blown out and they don't quit. That is what the media likes about the team.

I think it speaks more about how hard that the team plays. They are 0-7 and will not make the playoffs - but they play hard every week. They don't get blown out and they don't quit. That is what the media likes about the team.

Well said. Jim Rome called us the best 0-7 team of all-time.

I think one of the good things that could come out of the Merriman signing, assuming he doesn't re-sign with us next year, is that we could find out if a good LB will make THAT much difference in this scheme. Now, before you say, "Well, duh?!!", what I mean is it might make it a little bit easier for the coaches to identify where the truest need is: DT or LB in order for this team to get significantly better on Defense. I realize we need both, but when it comes April and the draft is rolling around a conversation in the War Room might center around how the Defense either did or didn't improve with a solid LB and where he played. Because much like the O-line vs. QB quandry of what comes first, the chicken or the egg, often the question on Defense is: is the Defense line so bad that the LBs look like they're constantly chasing their own tails or are the LBs so bad that they're not keeping their assignments which means the DT are constantly being over-maned and overpowered?? Again, that isn't to say that we don't need both, because we do. But by having Merriman in here and even if he only playes six games the rest of the year it MAY help to know where this Defense is truly deficient. Just a thought...

Well said. Jim Rome called us the best 0-7 team of all-time.

That's some funny stuff. So, if we win Sunday, will that make us the best 1-7 team of all time? Or, do we have to keep losing close ones to keep such a distintion? :sick:

Edited by Buffalokie

By that standard, the Bills are better than the Cowboys. Would the Bills beat Cowboys head to head? I'm inclined to say no. Before Baltimore, I didn't think the Bills had a win on the schedule. Now, maybe the Bengals or Browns could be had, although I've gotten my hopes up about Browns games before...

Say, what if the Bills went 7-2 from here and finished 7-9? Would that make fans happy? It's a different road to 7-9 than in years past, for sure.

Really?!?!?!?!

I think Glazer is the best in the business, he has great connections and usually delivers exclusive news all the time, but after that he shouldn't open his mouth.

When we released Trent Edwards he was on the Fox pre-game show and he said and I quote "I given up understanding what the Bills are trying to do, I think I will understand women first before I understand what the Bills are doing"

Now we're targeting a pro-bowl player and comes up with this does not make sense move? Glazer should keep on tweeting looking for news, we, evidently, don't need his opinion.