Moss waiver claim speculation

Amstel

PFT said that an anonymous GM said he expects a boatload of claims on Moss including the Patriots. They mentioned he fits the jets motive of collecting vet WR's and that the dolphins could put in a claim which may prompt the Bills to make the only noise they can in the AFC East by claiming him.......it still makes zero sense for the Bills to claim him lest they can trade him to someone else outside the division for a draft pick........

We should pick him up for 2 really good reasons.

1. We can get rid of John McCargo or Cornell Green since we have to cut a player.

If the Bills wanted to cut one of these Milk Duds they could do so at anytime. Claiming Moss specifically is obviously not a prerequisite for cutting one of the useless husks still on the roster.

Getting Moss really doesn't make much sense at this point. He might put a few butts in the seats, but at this point he would be limited to running fly patterns and playing jump ball. He didn't show much interest in learning the Vikings' playbook and would be even more unmotivated here.

If the Patriots felt they could do without him (and Belechick will do almost anything to win), then I wonder whether he's really got anything left.

WR's can decline pretty quickly, especially head cases like this one.

Getting Moss really doesn't make much sense at this point. He might put a few butts in the seats, but at this point he would be limited to running fly patterns and playing jump ball. He didn't show much interest in learning the Vikings' playbook and would be even more unmotivated here.

If the Patriots felt they could do without him (and Belechick will do almost anything to win), then I wonder whether he's really got anything left.

WR's can decline pretty quickly, especially head cases like this one.

if Moss puts asses in seats during this season, under this scenario, we're as pathetic as it gets.

We should pick him up for 2 really good reasons.

2. We Prevent other teams that kick our ass from getting him. Its kinda like not letting other countries have THE BOMB !

we could sign him and after his first practice, put him on IR....

4 home games left with 15,000 tickets avail @$70 each

Moss = 5,000-15,000 tickets sold per game = $1.4 million to $4.2 million + 30% concession addition = $2 to $5.5 million

Christmas Jersey and TShirt sales.... 10,000-30,000 jerseys x $50-150 profit = $500K to $2 million

Added stimulus to local economy when ESPN has a crew of 80 here ballwashing him for 8 weeks.....????

Price: +/- $4 million

Benefit: $2.5 - $10 million

Projected net benefit: $2 million

Hey Russ.....what size is Buddy's inseam since I'm sure you've had a good look from down there the past 24 hours?

Edited by Clip Smith

The perfect team would a) still be in contention since Moss' contract expires this year and b) in need of a vet WR.

I don't see a team that meets those requirements until you get to the 4 & 4 Rams.

Unless one of the losing teams pull a surprise ... maybe a Cleveland or 9ers, I say Rams get him.

Personally think getting Moss would be a serious blunder for this team and even this city. He won't want to play in Buffalo judging from his past attitude, the guy plays when he thinks it's going to be an easy championship from the looks of it lately. He's also a vet and the first thing that imo is on his mind is 1.) championship and 2.) money. Plus buffalo doesnt need another false hope only to be disappointed again. Hope Nix has his Football brain on this week lol=)