McNabb

I must admit that last offseason I would have jumped at the McNabb deal even with his low career completion percentage. But to see him benched in favor of Rex Grossman when the game is on the line speaks volumes about Shannan's confidence in this guy. It appears that deciding not to trade for him was the right move at this point.

Kelsey must go.

I must admit that last offseason I would have jumped at the McNabb deal even with his low career completion percentage. But to see him benched in favor of Rex Grossman when the game is on the line speaks volumes about Shannan's confidence in this guy. It appears that deciding not to trade for him was the right move at this point.

Kelsey must go.

This makes Nix's statement about him after the first week (during his Monday Morning QB Club Speech). He was asked if a more vetern QB (like McNabb specifically) gets that win (against Miami) since McNabb was able to pull off that win with pretty bad statistics. Nix said something to the effect of "yeah, he's a vetern guy and that gives you certain advantages, but you're not going to win with that stat line very often. I'm not a big McNabb fan."

I thought that was telling because we had a shot at him (though reportedly he didn't want to come here) and we passed on him. I think it's pretty safe to say that I'd rather have Troup than McNabb this year. He might be better than what we have, but he's not the answer.

It was a stupendously stupid decision on Shanny's part and I wouldn't use it to draw any conclusions as to whether or not he would have been a good fit here or not.

Absolutely correct!

McNabb has made the Redskins instantly credible and is light years ahead of Rexy. Shanny might be the most arrogant coach in the league.

Was reading MMQB and Peter King delved into the situation a little bit. He said that in the first 8 games of this year as a Redskin, McNabb has only produced 3 points in 4 drives when they had the ball with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Those 3 points forced OT, but the other drives ended in an INT, 2 times unable to get a 1st down.

I think this would mean that McNabb isn't that desirable of a QB, seeing as how he is the 25th ranked QB in the league and that he is probably not going to sign with the Redskins following this.

Looks like all the candidates the Bills were considering (Shanahan, Frazier, and Schottenheimer, who's getting crucified in NYC today) have been no great shakes either. McNabb struggling is an added bonus.

Which I think shows that while coaching is important you really need players.

Kelsey must go.

Kelsey thrown in there just for 2 cents woth right?

Absolutely correct!

McNabb has made the Redskins instantly credible and is light years ahead of Rexy. Shanny might be the most arrogant coach in the league.

Actually, I think it is Shannahan that gives the Redskins the "instant credibilty". I like Shanahan, and I like McNabb. Shanny said that he made the decision to go with Rex in the final 2 minutes, becuase he ran the Redskins two-minute offense effectively. What he is telling McNabb (and it has been a valid criticism his whole career) is that "you don't run the hurry up offense well enough." How many times has McNabb been in that situation and lumbered his way through, only to come up short, while wasting clock time. I don't think this has anything to do with Shanny having confidence in Rex, just sending a message to McNabb (who un-officially after yesterday, I think, won't be back in Washington next year) to pick it up, if he wants to play. It is an arrogant move. But, Shannahan is building a foundation for his team, and McNabb isn't likely a part of it. It is the same tact used by the Parcells tree coaches...the coach has to estabish that he is in charge, he makes the calls...like I said, I have alwawys liked McNabb, but Shannahan is the one with the track record...

I like McNabb too, but I don't think he's clutch at all. That's why I like watching guys like Favre, Rivers, Brees, manning, (Fitzy?) etc play...they all have a resume that involves come from behind victories and really making things interesting in the 4th qauarter. I have seen a lot of McNabb's games, since the Eagles are my favorite NFC team, but he's way down the list in terms of who I'd want behind center when the game's on the line.

Looks like all the candidates the Bills were considering (Shanahan, Frazier, and Schottenheimer, who's getting crucified in NYC today) have been no great shakes either. McNabb struggling is an added bonus.

Don't forget QB Jason Campbell riding the pine in Oakland now. Another move the Bills were "stupid" not to make.

PTR

Don't forget QB Jason Campbell riding the pine in Oakland now. Another move the Bills were "stupid" not to make.

PTR

Actually, Jason Campbell is starting for the Raiders...he had a pretty big game yesterday...and I would say it is way too early to be declaring any of those coaches bad candidates...same too, for Chan. All in all, I like the game he has called the last two weeks...it took a few weeks, but we are finally starting to see his imprint on the team.

Edited by Buftex

One of the huge knocks against McNabb in Philadelphia was his not bad, but horrific end of game management. He had no concept of time and didn't get his first 4th quarter comeback victory until 2008 (10 years into his career). Donovan is a good QB but not at all clutch.

I like McNabb too, but I don't think he's clutch at all. That's why I like watching guys like Favre, Rivers, Brees, manning, (Fitzy?) etc play...they all have a resume that involves come from behind victories and really making things interesting in the 4th qauarter. I have seen a lot of McNabb's games, since the Eagles are my favorite NFC team, but he's way down the list in terms of who I'd want behind center when the game's on the line.

I still remember the final minutes of the Super Bowl that the Eagles were in...Donovan was very lethargic, like they had all day to drive the ball...TO said he threw up in the huddle, and implied that he wasn't in good enough shape to run the hurry up offense. He has had issues throughout his career with this type of thing. Sometimes he just looks "heavy" out there.

Actually, Jason Campbell is starting for the Raiders...he had a pretty big game yesterday...and I would say it is way too early to be declaring any of those coaches bad candidates...same too, for Chan. All in all, I like the game he has called the last two weeks...it took a few weeks, but we are finally starting to see his imprint on the team.

Agree. I like Chan. I dont like the our DC. The defense on this team has regressed more than our offense has improved.

I still remember the final minutes of the Super Bowl that the Eagles were in...Donovan was very lethargic, like they had all day to drive the ball...TO said he threw up in the huddle, and implied that he wasn't in good enough shape to run the hurry up offense. He has had issues throughout his career with this type of thing. Sometimes he just looks "heavy" out there.

Exactly, I remember sitting there, excited that the Eagles had a chance for a late drive to thwart the stinkin' Pats, and I was like, wtf is McNabb doing???" I didn't get it at all, but it was clear something was amiss. How the fug can you be "tired" at the most crucial stage of the BIGGEST GAME OF YOUR CAREER lol. He really let me down that day.

I remember the T.O. comments, but did McNabb ever offer any sort of explanation himself as to what was going on? It was just weird to watch that whole thing...made me want to jump through the tv and onto the field and light a fire under his arse.

Exactly, I remember sitting there, excited that the Eagles had a chance for a late drive to thwart the stinkin' Pats, and I was like, wtf is McNabb doing???" I didn't get it at all, but it was clear something was amiss. How the fug can you be "tired" at the most crucial stage of the BIGGEST GAME OF YOUR CAREER lol. He really let me down that day.

I remember the T.O. comments, but did McNabb ever offer any sort of explanation himself as to what was going on? It was just weird to watch that whole thing...made me want to jump through the tv and onto the field and light a fire under his arse.

BTW, Shanny now calimimg McNabb did not have the cardio fitness to finish the game.LOL